Neue Testversion 22.90b4

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 22.90b4

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Just a quick test of the new focus stacking feature. I very much like this initial version, but there are problems with test images that I tried.

For example, the stacks found here:
https://www.heliconsoft.com/helicon-focus-gallery/

Some work, some work but result in images which cannot be used, and some don't work at all.

- Green Bug fails to complete
- railroad model completes, but the rear of the passenger car is misaligned and shadows are introduced. The pantograph also has blurry outlines surrounding it.
- Material4 fails to complete
- Rifle completes (but not every time? sometimes it does, sometimes it does not?!), but the result is unusable due to a misaligned muzzle
-Crystal completes, and does a good job.
- Diamond completes.
- Ladybird completes, with some shadowing artefacting of crystals on the left.
- Cherry Blossom completes, but many petal edges demonstrate double or even triple shadows. Not usable.
- Godetia fails to complete.
- Bottlebrush fails to complete

I attempted to load these stack at least two times. The rifle I loaded 5 times, or so, and twice it worked. I am unsure why it would work 2 times out of 5 tries. Perhaps the way I select the images? I tried dragging as well as ctrl-clicking each image.

I also tried the astrophotography raw image stack here:
http://photographingspace.com/homework- ... tack-data/

It loads and completes, but the result is unusable.

So far, a bit of a mixed bag - but when it works it looks pretty good. In this case 3 stacks out of the 11 stacks delivered nice usable results.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Fr 12 Feb 2021 21:51 For example, the stacks found here:
https://www.heliconsoft.com/helicon-focus-gallery/
It is a good idea to start with that gallery as a test bench.

Phil
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Fr 12 Feb 2021 21:51 - Green Bug fails to complete
I got some unconfirmed theory:
1. The problem may here because one frame consists Logo in the corner.
2. Those examples consist of highly compressed JPEGs that may introduce problems and mistakes.
3. Some examples use rather low resolution images. I guess stacking may require 4K or higher resolution.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

shijan hat geschrieben: So 14 Feb 2021 20:52 I got some unconfirmed theory:
1. The problem may here because one frame consists Logo in the corner.
2. Those examples consist of highly compressed JPEGs that may introduce problems and mistakes.
3. Some examples use rather low resolution images. I guess stacking may require 4K or higher resolution.
1: I don't think so: I left out the image with a logo in those stacks (bug, bottlebrush, godetia), and those still throw an error. Besides, other focus stacking software processes these (logo or not) just fine.

2: sure, but the railroad model stack resolution is not that bad - and still produces an unusable result.

3: no, because other focus stacking software has no issues loading and processing any of these stacks.

I used the older CombineZP focus stacker, and it loads all these stacks. Most produce nice results.The only image that is a bit troublesome is the rifle stack, of which the barrel isn't resolved properly. The others are just fine.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Yes, if stitch and stacking works in other apps and fails in PhotoLine, it looks like a bug in beta version filter math.

By the way, why there are no icons for new filters and tools? At least for start you may assign layer number in PicturesSimpleUser.pld for those filters and use some generic filter icon.

Missing icons:
Context Blur
Stitch
Focus Stacking
Min Round Filter
Polar Coordinates
Match Colors
Correct Highlights
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mo 15 Feb 2021 22:50 Missing icons:
Context Blur
Stitch
Focus Stacking
Min Round Filter
Polar Coordinates
Match Colors
Correct Highlights
we don't have icons for this and we don't plan to make one at the moment.
If you want, you can create your own.
You can find the number for it by searching for the menu entry name in strings.str
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 17 Feb 2021 17:56
shijan hat geschrieben: Mo 15 Feb 2021 22:50 Missing icons:
Context Blur
Stitch
Focus Stacking
Min Round Filter
Polar Coordinates
Match Colors
Correct Highlights
we don't have icons for this and we don't plan to make one at the moment.
If you want, you can create your own.
You can find the number for it by searching for the menu entry name in strings.str
Wow! That is great customization option. Exactly what i was looking for! Thanks for tip.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Overall it works, but seems a small problem with some icons:
"13103" = "Match the colors of an image to another image\nMatch Colors..."; //IDS_COLOR_MATCH
I see new icon in Tool -> Color menu -> Match Colors
But i can not see new icon in Layer -> New Adjustment Layer -> Match Colors.

Are Adjustment Layers need some separate icon code or something so?

Probably for same reason i can't see number for Correct Highlights filter Adjustment Layer.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 17 Feb 2021 20:46 But i can not see new icon in Layer -> New Adjustment Layer -> Match Colors.

Are Adjustment Layers need some separate icon code or something so?

Probably for same reason i can't see number for Correct Highlights filter Adjustment Layer.
Adjustments work a little bit differently.
Every adjustment has a unique id. Correct Highlights has the id 41, Match Colors 50.
The menu entries for creating an adjustment layer have a base index of 7800, modifying has a base index of 7600.

So the index for creating an Match Colors adjustment layer is (7800 + 50) = 7850.

Martin
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

Comparison PL against ICE for panorama.
I guess the hedge is not THAT GOOD in PL but for private usage OK.
panorama-workout.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

It all depends on the projection method. Both of your panoramas are correct. I have posted several days ago a list of projection methods used by Hugin:

https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... ion#p48719
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 17 Feb 2021 17:56 You can find the number for it by searching for the menu entry name in strings.str
Is there any similar Strings.str reference file somewhere for cursors? I noticed that Windows version instead of custom cursors from PLD file use some original Windows system cursors. For example it ignore cursor 201 and 203. Looks not too pretty.
Also inside PLD file i see some cursors resources that i never was able see yet in real life when use PhotoLine. Are these some legacy cursors or still used by some PhotoLine tools?
BildBildBildBildBild
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mo 01 Mär 2021 16:07 Is there any similar Strings.str reference file somewhere for cursors?
No.
shijan hat geschrieben: Mo 01 Mär 2021 16:07 IAlso inside PLD file i see some cursors resources that i never was able see yet in real life when use PhotoLine. Are these some legacy cursors or still used by some PhotoLine tools?
200: Text layers: select line (move mouse cursor left to a text line outside the layer frame)
385: Select document area visible in the dialog preview
331: Drag copy cursor: Used when copying layers by dragging in the Layer List (hold Ctrl+Shift/Cmd+Shift)
328, 340, 380: I think those aren't used at the moment.

Martin