PhotoLine 22.51 not running the ON1 Effects 2021 plugin nor standalone correctly on macOS 11.2.2

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

PhotoLine 22.51 not running the ON1 Effects 2021 plugin nor standalone correctly on macOS 11.2.2

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

When ON1 Effects 2021 is installed, it searches for compatible editors and installs its plugin in those editors. On my iMac it identified two raw converters and one editor, but not PhotoLine 22.51.

I manually pointed PhotoLine to the ON1 plugin, but when I attempted to run the plugin in PhotoLine, it appeared on the filter menu and was grayed out.

Next, I installed the ON1 Effects 2021 standalone as an External Editor in PhotoLine and tried it as 1) Edit Active Layer, 2) Edit Document, and 3) Edit Original File. PhotoLine launches ON1 Effects 2020, but not correctly. In all three run states, these were the results:

1. PhotoLine starts both the standalone version of ON1 and the ON1 plugin. The standalone appears first (asking for an image to be dragged in or opened. Then a second window appears generated by the plugin, containing the image sent from PhotoLine.

2. Work can be performed in the plugin window but when the Done button in ON1 is selected, It wants to save a temp file rather than returning to PhotoLine.

3. Selecting cancel in the ON1 plugin window, closes the window, revealing the previously opened ON1 standalone window still begging for an image to be opened. Cancel here returns to PhotoLine.

Curious, I tried to do this with the ON1 suite, ON1 Photo RAW 2021 and got similar results.

Is there any way PhotoLine can be made to run the ON1 Effects plugin correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: PhotoLine 22.51 not running the ON1 Effects 2021 plugin nor standalone correctly on macOS 11.2.2

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben: Mi 10 Mär 2021 18:40I manually pointed PhotoLine to the ON1 plugin, but when I attempted to run the plugin in PhotoLine, it appeared on the filter menu and was grayed out.
The plug-In doesn't currently work in PhotoLine. I will check that.
OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben: Mi 10 Mär 2021 18:40Next, I installed the ON1 Effects 2021 standalone as an External Editor in PhotoLine and tried it as 1) Edit Active Layer, 2) Edit Document, and 3) Edit Original File. PhotoLine launches ON1 Effects 2020, but not correctly. In all three run states, these were the results:

1. PhotoLine starts both the standalone version of ON1 and the ON1 plugin. The standalone appears first (asking for an image to be dragged in or opened. Then a second window appears generated by the plugin, containing the image sent from PhotoLine.

2. Work can be performed in the plugin window but when the Done button in ON1 is selected, It wants to save a temp file rather than returning to PhotoLine.

3. Selecting cancel in the ON1 plugin window, closes the window, revealing the previously opened ON1 standalone window still begging for an image to be opened. Cancel here returns to PhotoLine.
I don't have access to macOS 11 at the moment, but tried it on a previous macOS version. I added the ON1 standalone version as external application to PhotoLine. The transfer file format was TIFF.
Basically, it did work fine. Like in your example, clicking Done asked me to save the file and I had to change the file extender to the original "TIFF", because ON1 had changed it to "tif". After that, the modified image appeared in PhotoLine.

Martin
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Re: PhotoLine 22.51 not running the ON1 Effects 2021 plugin nor standalone correctly on macOS 11.2.2

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 12 Mär 2021 10:17 I added the ON1 standalone version as external application to PhotoLine. The transfer file format was TIFF.
Basically, it did work fine. Like in your example, clicking Done asked me to save the file and I had to change the file extender to the original "TIFF", because ON1 had changed it to "tif". After that, the modified image appeared in PhotoLine.
Thanks for this suggestion, Martin.
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Martin, has there been any progress on PL working with the ON1 Photo RAW 2021 plugins?

Just installed the ON1 update -- ON1 Photo RAW 2021.5 -- and tested with both PL 22.51 and PL 22.90B7. In Manage Plugins, added as new:

Applications/ON1 Photo RAW 2021/Plug-in Filters/ (subfolders option checked)

The PL plugin menu lists ON1 2021 Effects, ON1 2021 Develop and ON1 Portrait AI, but they are gray, thus unuseable.

Running this app in PL External Programs is impractical because it is an inefficient workflow, opening the ON1 Browser first before the Effects module and failing to save back to a PhotoLine layer.

Thanks,

Bob
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

but they are gray, thus unuseable.
If it is gray, you have no suitable layer activated.
Some plugins can work on "special" layers only, for example the layer must have an alpha channel, 8 Bit color depth, RGB or so on.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

I tested this right now on Windows and noticed that the Plugin needs 16 Bit per channel.
But it won't work on Windows here :-(
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Thanks, Gerhard.

I switched the image to 16 bit and the plugin worked correctly.

Bob