Request: Color Picker extended options

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Request: Color Picker extended options

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

The color picker's functionality could be expanded with super useful options:

- introduce a modifier key option to pick up all fill and stroke settings. (ctrl-click an object, transfer properties to selected object(s))

- introduce a modifier key option to pick up all layer style settings. (alt-click an object, transfer properties to selected object(s))

- introduce a modifier key option to pick up a specific styling part. (shift-ctrl click an object's stroke, and that stroke's properties are transferred to the selected object(s))

- this could also work with text. ctrl-click a text object, and the styling is transferred to the selected text.

- or even: select a layer in the layers panel, use the color picker to ctrl-click another layer, and all layer properties are transferred to the selected layers(s).

- further thoughts: extend this to ALL fields in PhotoLine's GUI: for example, select a layer(s), then use the color picker to shift-ctrl click on one of the transform properties in the Layer panel. Angle, scaling, or skewing settings are transferred to the selected layer(s).

This would be a tremendously useful workflow enhancer and potentially save hours of time depending on the project.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Request: Color Picker extended options

Beitrag von shijan »

He-he, select non-color properties with color picker... At least it needs real life testing. I guess for those options simple copy/paste single field setting with right click menu may work well.
Currently there is a "Copy/Paste Layer Style(s)" and "Copy/Paste Layer Attributes" in "Layer > Management > Copy Layer Style(s)" But they only can copy/paste all layer settings together.
For quick access it is possible to add them to mouse middle click custom menu like this:
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Request: Color Picker extended options

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Yes, I am aware of the copy layer effects option.

Extending the functionality of the picker would allow for a much broader and more flexible method to copy and pick up properties quickly and efficiently though. Personally, even just implementing the fill and stroke settings, layer effects, as well as text properties would potentially shave hours off time spent on project work in my case in the mid-term.

One tool to rule them all... :-)
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait