PL 23 comments

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

PL 23 comments

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks for the update on PL23.
I've been waiting for Focus Stacking and now it's here.
I haven't played that much so I may have missed something.

I used a set/stack that I used sometime back with CombineZP. So far Pl has done well. Very little difference between CombineZP and PL.

The Stitch. Well done. But I have a question re cropping. File BT5-41-stitchx is from Microsoft ICE. Perspective is out but that may have been me short cutting the editing. But still an issue that needs correcting in or after ICE.
File pl stitch testx is from PL's Stitching. Excellent perspective results. But there has been too much cropped from the top and bottom of the image. I've tried it with crop on and off. It always cuts off the top of the elevator tower. So am I doing something wrong? Or does PL need more space at capture time to allow for cropping?

Again thanks for the new features. Much appreciated.

PS. While Focus Stacking is working the screen has no activity. At first I thought it had crashed. Is it possible to include a wheel or progress bar so you know the program is still working?

One more. Stitching is always giving me a 32bit result. Is there a reason for this?

bruce
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: PL 23 comments

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Sa 27 Nov 2021 06:12The Stitch. Well done. But I have a question re cropping. File BT5-41-stitchx is from Microsoft ICE. Perspective is out but that may have been me short cutting the editing. But still an issue that needs correcting in or after ICE.
File pl stitch testx is from PL's Stitching. Excellent perspective results. But there has been too much cropped from the top and bottom of the image. I've tried it with crop on and off. It always cuts off the top of the elevator tower. So am I doing something wrong? Or does PL need more space at capture time to allow for cropping?
Nothing should be cut off witout cropping. Can you provide us the source images?

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Sa 27 Nov 2021 06:12PS. While Focus Stacking is working the screen has no activity. At first I thought it had crashed. Is it possible to include a wheel or progress bar so you know the program is still working?.
I will add a progress bar.

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Sa 27 Nov 2021 06:12One more. Stitching is always giving me a 32bit result. Is there a reason for this?
Internally, stitching and focus stacking are working with 32 bit, but it is probably better to convert the result to the native bit depth of the source images.

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Martin. Best way to send original images? Both 10 meg jpegs or will these down sized jpegs as attachments do?

bruce
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Explanation is simple. PL "crops more" because it corrects distortion. Also note that Microsoft ICE crops more than PL in bottom left corner.
Microsoft ICE also seems attempt to artificially reconstruct the sky that don't exists in original photo. You can do same reconstruct in PL manually with "Remove Object" or "Remove Brush" tools.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Shijan thanks. But my issue is that I want control of the crop. So if possible I want all the data in the final result and let me either crop it or, as in this case, reconstruct the sky. Yes PL corrects the distortion but at the cost of data. ICE gives me all the data and I can do the corrections manually. ie correct distortion. Whichever way I use PL the top of the grain elevator tower is missing in the PL version.

Can PL give me a No Crop outcome?

regards
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Just uncheck "Crop" in Stitch dialog and nothing will be cropped
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Shijan. I've had another go with and without the crop checked. I now have it working fine. I have no idea what was happening before. I had been testing with and without crop. Something in my brain must have been misaligned!!

I'm ok with adding sky etc. I was just confused over the missing tower.

User error!

bruce