Exporting .DXF file with text layers

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
maho
Mitglied

Exporting .DXF file with text layers

Beitrag von maho »

Dear PhotoLiners,

I have a .SVG file with many (over 100) text layers. I want to export this as a .DXF file to run through a CNC laser cutter. The problem I have is that our laser cutter software does not accept text layers - they must all be converted to vector layers. I don't know if this is a limitation of our laser cutter or a "feature" of laser cutters in general.

Is there an option to convert all text layers to vector when exporting a .DXF file?

I tried selecting all the layers in the .SVG and converting them all to vector, but that doesn't work: PL won't let you convert the layers that are already vector to vector.
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Exporting .DXF file with text layers

Beitrag von shijan »

Can't see any problem. Select Multiple Text Layers and convert them to Vector. in this way they will be exported as shape to DXF.
P.S. None that PL is not a real CAD software and it can't export to DXF vector arcs or circles, so your final result will look sort of polygonal and not too precise anyway.
Bild
Bild
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Do 10 Feb 2022 02:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

Thanks for your suggestion shijan. The only issue I have, is that selecting all the text layers is not very easy when you have over a hundred layers in your document.

I can't quite ascertain whether .DXF format even supports text layers. The pre-XML file format seems antiquated, ugly, and not particularly well specified.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

You can find only text layers in the layer list.
ShowTextOnly.png
Then select all and convert.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

How could we activate this commands?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

Gerhard that is exactly what I am looking for!

borgo1971 Click those three vertical dots in the Layer Tool (on the right, just above the box you highlighted in red) to activate this capability.

Bild
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Just use "Command F" (or Control F in Windows)
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

OK, thanks to both. Seems something that could be useful... :D