Neue Testversion 23.40b7

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 23.40b7

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 23.40b7.

Windows:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2340b7.zip

macOS:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2340b7.zip

Neues:
  • "Exportfunktion" (neben den Ebenenattributen), keine Kritik, ist wohl perfekt
  • Verlaufseditor, Dokument und Werkzeugeinstellungen: Popup der Farbfelder beinhalten nun den Farbeditor
  • PDF-Import: Es werden nun auch reine Transparenzmasken unterstützt
  • Gaußscher Weichzeichner, USM: Etwas schneller
  • PDF-Import: JPEG2000-Bilder können nun auch ohne vollständige Eigenschaften und mit Farbprofil geladen werden
  • PDF-Import: Unsichtbarer OCR-Text bleibt erhalten
  • ICNS-Import: an macOS 11-Icons angepasst
  • Diverse Fehlerbehebungen und kleinere Verbesserungen
New:
  • Export function (next to Layer Attributes): no complaints, so it's probably perfect
  • Gradient editor, document window and Tool Settings: popup of the color fields now contain the color editor
  • PDF import: transparency masks are now supported, too
  • Gaussian Blur, Unsharp Masking: faster
  • PDF import and JPEG2000 images: better import including color profiles
  • PDF import: invisible OCR text is preserved
  • ICNS import: adjusted to macOS 11 icons
  • Various bug fixes and minor improvements
Paul P
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b7

Beitrag von Paul P »

PDF import: invisible OCR text is preserved
That's very useful! Thanks!
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

I played with new "Quick Export" option and want to discuss some possible improvements.
Overall i like the concept. I can add multiple file format presets in "Export" panel and then use "Export" button in "Document" panel to export multiple formats in one click.
Bild

But here comes small confusion. When i click "Export" there is a finder window "Open" appears. At first look it looks very confused, because Export button promote to Open something. Seems this finder dialog just used to select folder to export and open that folder.
Bild

:arrow: So here is a small improvement idea. Is it possible to add path selection preset directly in "Export" panel? This will bypass additional finder dialog on each export and provide faster workflow. Sort of one click export for real.

P.S. I really like new rectangle app icon design.
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Mi 11 Mai 2022 13:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Here is also small idea that can speedup and improve quick export workflow. Currently for quick export i need to set settings in Export Attributes panel every time for every new opened image or document. Not too comfortable. Sure i can set it to preset there, but it also needs additional mouse click every time for every new document. Guess in most real life situations people just want to set export settings once and use them for multiple documents.
:arrow: So here is an idea/request: always keep last settings in Export Attributes panel. Keep them even after program restart.

P.S. i can also suggest to use name "Quick Export" and "Quick Export Attributes" for that toolbar button and panel to logically separate name from normal File->Export dialog.
Sort of:
"Quick Export" set by Quick Export Attributes panel
"Export" set by settings in dialog window.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

I'm having a constant crash everytime I try to create a new document from clipboard (Ctrl + E) if there is no other document open.If I make a new empty document and then I do Ctrl+E there is no crash. I'm on win 10
gmhofmann
Betatester

Beitrag von gmhofmann »

@Juan: I have reported this bug 4 days ago to the Huber brothers. They will fix it.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Another idea for "Export" panel: Add an option "Convert with ICC profile" during export.
wmjordan
Mitglied

Beitrag von wmjordan »

I found a bug in this beta.
Reproduction procedure:

1. Open PL
2. Copy a picture from Chrome
3. Paste the thing to PL as new document
4. PL crashes

The max attachment size in this forum was too small. I could not post the picture that reproduce the problem here.
Here is the content in InsideClipboard:
1.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
wmjordan
Mitglied

Beitrag von wmjordan »

About the previous clipboard paste bug.

If I created a new document or open another document before pasting the picture from the clipboard as a new document, no crash after the paste.

Crash occurred when pasting clipboard content if no document was opened in PL.
gmhofmann
Betatester

Beitrag von gmhofmann »

I have reported this bug 6 days ago to the Huber brothers. They will fix it.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 03 Mai 2022 16:50 "Exportfunktion" (neben den Ebenenattributen), keine Kritik, ist wohl perfekt
This is quite awesome, and a request that I had all those years ago is now granted! :D

I've tested it, and it works quite fine as-is, but for a few things:

[1]
In games, web, and app dev exporting new versions of assets update older versions all the time throughout design and development phases. Placeholders are replaced with (semi-)finished assets, design specs change, new improved versions of assets need to replace the older versions, and so on.

Currently this is not possible with how the export works, because it asks for a folder, and then saves new versions with a space and an incremental number instead of replacing the old versions.

On the other hand, the current behaviour is also desired in many circumstances: asking for a folder and export, and keeping the older versions.

My suggestion would be to add a second export option called "Export Again" or "Re-export" which would remember the export last used with that document. It would also overwrite existing files with the same file name and replace these, instead of saving new versions with incrementing file number suffixes.

Or a checkbox that tells PhotoLine to export to the same folder after picking it once, and that existing files are overwritten with newer versions.

[2] While I understand why the Document export option is added (because it seems to make sense to add it to the document properties scope), I do think from a usability perspective it separates that functionality from the Export panel. It requires the user to keep those two panels open at all time, OR keep switching to that document panel to export the document.

(I did not even notice that option, because I thought I had to select all layers before pressing the export button - after an hour of testing, I only noticed it because of @shijan panel screenshots!!! If I can't find it without help despite more than 3 decades of design software experience, then I question its location...)

It makes more sense to keep all Export functionality contained within the Export dialog instead. It could be implemented either as a checkbox option or as a separate document export option button.

[3] the icon for "add export setting" uses a diskette icon. I would replace that with a + icon. It is confusing and too similar to the export icon. Other design apps with similar export options use that icon to indicate extra export entries.
Besides, the diskette icon is entirely deprecated nowadays. Newer users wouldn't even recognize it anymore.

[4] replace the export icon with one that has the arrow pointing outward to the right instead of the left. That is the standard "flow" arrow with export icons. And again I would change the diskette icon to a document, or something else.

[5] it would be nice if the Export would use layername_01, layername_02, layername_03 instead of layername 1, layername 2, layername 3 when it exports and it discovers existing files with identical file names.

[6] Options for each export entry are now hidden in the dropdown menu, which makes little sense to me. I often make changes to the settings after testing the first export, and having to open each drop-down, then navigate with the mouse, and then finally click on that options entry is just WAY too much work. Please just add a simple options button right after the file format drop-down menu. Or just allow us to double-click an entry to open the settings - just like in the other areas of PhotoLine.

Btw
- I love the option to replace the number with any other one. I can simply type 2.5 to export an asset at that size.
- I very much like the control over exporting layers. Simple to control.

shijan hat geschrieben: Here is also small idea that can speedup and improve quick export workflow. Currently for quick export i need to set settings in Export Attributes panel every time for every new opened image or document. Not too comfortable. Sure i can set it to preset there, but it also needs additional mouse click every time for every new document. Guess in most real life situations people just want to set export settings once and use them for multiple documents.
:arrow: So here is an idea/request: always keep last settings in Export Attributes panel. Keep them even after program restart.
Please don't. Each project I work on requires specific settings for specific layers, and such. Having to delete old entries all the time would just waste time. No other design or prototyping app that shares this export panel feature does this, and for good reason.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 11 Mai 2022 02:01
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 03 Mai 2022 16:50 "Exportfunktion" (neben den Ebenenattributen), keine Kritik, ist wohl perfekt
Please don't. Each project I work on requires specific settings for specific layers, and such. Having to delete old entries all the time would just waste time. No other design or prototyping app that shares this export panel feature does this, and for good reason.
I see now that separate Export settings could be applied to each separate layer. I didn't realize before that it was designed like this. So guess it is somehow more complex system than simple replacement for classic Export dialog. Overall i agree and join to most of your suggestions. There is a place for Export panel improvements:
- "Export selected layer" and "Export all layers" toolbar buttons in Export panel looks more logical than Export button in Document tab. Export button in Document tab confused me too because i thought it was designed as a quicker replacement for simple Export window dialog.
- Set folder path in export panel.
- Checkbox (or some option) to override/not override file.
- Toolbar Icons logic looks not too intuitive (i already fixed this in my custom icons set).
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

New app icon in 23.40b7 look nice, but how about update Document and Parameter icons as well? Here is some quick ideas based on Mojave icon template:
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Do 19 Mai 2022 00:50, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

And banner i guess:
Bild
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

By the way, there is Apple Production Templates package with icon templates for documents in PSD format: https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/
UPD. Seems that Apple Production Template is not for real icons creation but just for preview and sketching purposes.
Anyway, real icon resources could be extracted form /System/Library/CoreServices/IconsetResources.bundle/Contents/Resources/Artwork
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Do 19 Mai 2022 13:03, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.