Eye Candy with PhotoLine, help

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Eye Candy with PhotoLine, help

Beitrag von shijan »

Yep, Color to Transparency is not a perfect solution...
So i checked plugin in both PS and PL and seems it is some sort of bug only in Photoline. Filter just return image with incorrect alpha channel (or something so). No problem in Photoshop.
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Mi 22 Jun 2022 06:01, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
mrocha
Mitglied

Re: Eye Candy with PhotoLine, help

Beitrag von mrocha »

Thanks again Herbert123 for all the attention, and thanks again to you shijan, the attention, and for the testing with Photoshop, now we know which has a bug for sure, I think this is a good bug to fix, because Eye Candy is a nice plugin and one of the most known plugins for Photoshop, so I think when someone go from PS to PL, has a good chance of this user want to use this plugin.
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Eye Candy with PhotoLine, help (and bug)

Beitrag von shijan »

Also seems there is another bug - when used in PhotoLine, Eye Candy can't auto duplicate layer and create effect there. It always apply effect to same layer and ignore Eye Candy preferences.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Here is partial problem fix, but not too pretty. Seems Eye Candy works correctly in PhotoLine only if there is no alpha channel (Transparency in Layer Attributes unchecked). In this case it reads source shape from selection lasso.
Try this:
- Create text or object or whatever you want.
- Create selection of that object right-click on layer and use Alpha to Mask (Command+Click)
- Layer -> Flatten image
- Apply Eye Candy

Bild

Anyway, hope PhotoLine and Eye Candy developers could figure how to fix this problem...
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

It's simple to repair the lost white by painting a mask in the areas where you need the white to be visible in the Color to Transparency filter:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (68.97 KiB) 1303 mal betrachtet
As for whether this is the fault of Eye Candy, PhotoLine, or merely a miscommunication between the two? Only the Hubers may be able to tell us.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
mrocha
Mitglied

Beitrag von mrocha »

Thanks Herbert123 and shijan for the new workarounds, to use temporally the "Alpha to Mask selection" workaround seem to have the best result, but ideal is really the bug fix to work perfectly. And about this other bug which Eye Candy can't create a new layer, this bug is present in other plugins also. For instance I use Topaz Remask 4, I know which is a old plugin but to me this version work well, this plugin also has a setting to auto create a new transparent layer, because Remask NEED this transparent layer, and PL don't respect the setting, and don't create the new layer forcing you to create transparency manually. I'm just posting it here because I imagine which Photoshop plugins have a kind of API right? So maybe fixing the "auto create layer" for one plugin also can fix this feature for other plugins. Maybe the issue is with "auto create layer" standard not followed by PL, also can be nice make PL compatible with ".8li" extension, some plugins is installed using two files a ".8bf" file and a ".8li" file which is used for automation, so, for auto create layers. I think have other plugins, with the same automation bug, old and updated plugins as Eye Candy, not just old plugins like this Remask 4.

Thanks!
Dateianhänge
Topaz Remask 4 settings
Topaz Remask 4 settings
1.jpg (17.74 KiB) 1288 mal betrachtet
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

mrocha hat geschrieben: Mi 22 Jun 2022 17:56 also can be nice make PL compatible with ".8li" extension, some plugins is installed using two files a ".8bf" file and a ".8li" file which is used for automation, so, for auto create layers.
As far as I am aware, .8li files rely on Photoshop's scripting engine, which makes it practically impossible to support in PhotoLine - or anything other than Photoshop itself.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
mrocha
Mitglied

Re: Eye Candy with PhotoLine, help (and some bugs)

Beitrag von mrocha »

I don't know anything about the ".8li" format, but I imagined which would be like you said , a specific and complex photoshop automation language, in this case, no need to support the 8li completely, would support just few things, like the auto layer creation and possible other very common 8li features used by many plugins, and this 8li support no need be officially documented, and would work just for 8li files which is in the same folder of the 8bf file, because normally they put both files in the same folder is like a couple. So, would be a very basic 8li support just to make more plugins compatible with PL, this can be nice! :D
mrocha
Mitglied

Beitrag von mrocha »

Thanks again shijan and Herbert123 for the help! :D
mrocha
Mitglied

Beitrag von mrocha »

I just want to add here, that the Exposure Snap Art 4 also don't work the setting "output as new layer" at least on PL v22.51
mrocha
Mitglied

Beitrag von mrocha »

Devs, If maybe an day some of this bugs with Eye Candy are fixed, please, if possible post here a reply, thanks.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Write in 2 sentences or less what your problem is and I'll take a look at it. Don't forget the operating system and the PhotoLine version.
mrocha
Mitglied

Beitrag von mrocha »

The first and main bug in Eye Candy are on this shijan post:

https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 662#p50662

The second bug that is also present in other plugins are on this other shijan post:

https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 664#p50664

Other plugins with the same bug (can't auto duplicate layer):

https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 668#p50668
https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 697#p50697

I'm using Win 7 32bit with PL 22.51 but I think shijan used the last PL version in his test. To me the first bug is the most important to be fixed, the bug with "incorrect alpha channel" on Eye Candy. Thanks!
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

sorry, no time to read all of this.
What did you not understand about 2 sentences or less?
mrocha
Mitglied

Beitrag von mrocha »

Eye Candy just return image with incorrect alpha channel (or something so). No problem in Photoshop. You can fix it? :) Please post here an position!
Antworten