Video series

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Re: Video series

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

I will let you do the liquify video! (I have never used it.)

Color management:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC-Lwxb ... 0-&index=4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCSYL-5 ... 0-&index=5
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Very nice explanation!

P.S. I only wonder why did you use minimized windows like this? Using "Document List" panel to switch between windows is way more comfortable and user friendly way to go. "Document List" panel also allow to use maximized window view and don't look to that ugly blue frame in Windows version.
Bild

Also it probably too late feedback, but chosen example image feels very bad. Why don't choose something with better quality and with more colors?

And also why did you crop bottom toolbar in "Layers List" panel? It is important part of UI and could be explained as well. For example Adjustment filters are way easier to reach from bottom toolbar than from global top menu.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Russell. Your series has been very educational.

Following on from shijan's comment re sample image. I used some of my files that are 150meg tiffs. Some of the actions/step react differently with larger files. ie it is hard to see some of the changes. But hey I'm not complaining. Just commenting.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

By the way, thanks to your last videos i discovered funny bug in window title bar. Proof Mode ICC profile name info is invisible in window title bar if image size is 1024px wide or smaller. So it show only "Pro" suffix. instead or "Pro(ICC Profile Name)". In addition macOS version instantly show "Pi" suffix, so proofed title looks like "PiPro(ICC Profile Name)" :shock: . I already send bugreport to developers.
Guess it is better to use more user friendly naming like "Proof (ICC Profile Name)"

UPDATE: Martin Huber explained that there are three modes that are visualized in the tile bar:
- "Pi" pixel mode
- "Pro" proof mode
- "Ex" show extreme values

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Mo 05 Sep 2022 17:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Some of the actions/step react differently with larger files.
I don’t understand that. It should be all about the gamuts. Do you mean profile assignments, or proof rendering intents? I don’t see any difference when using 7000-pixel images; and if I increase the dimensions of my poor little image 10x, I get the same results.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Russell I wasnt referring to your new videos but generally. Without going back and testing again I recall different results when sharpening. But no big deal. Your videos have been well worth the effort.

Thanks.
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Were you viewing the large images at 100% magnification?
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Russell I played with a few settings. 50%, 100% and pixel peeping 200%. I see 'bigger' results on smaller images. It maybe the image you use in your videos. Or maybe on my smaller images. All I know is that with my 6000x4000 images I get less 'obvious' results. Now be careful. I'm not the sharpest tool with a computer so user error is quite a possibility. :(