Cannot Select Multiple Layers in Layer List

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Eidolon
Mitglied

Cannot Select Multiple Layers in Layer List

Beitrag von Eidolon »

Greetings.

I’m using PL 23.52 on Mac OS 13.1. I can no longer consistently select multiple layers in the layer list.

Multiple selection worked correctly in the past. Now it does occasionally, but usually I cannot select more than one layer or group at a time.

In the layer list, I click on one layer or group to select it. Then I hold down Shift or Command and click on another layer or group. The selection simply moves to the new click location. Multiple layers are not selected.

Am I doing something wrong?
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Cannot Select Multiple Layers in Layer List

Beitrag von shijan »

Make sure that "Mark All Selected Layers" is checked in panel menu
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Do all the selected layers belong to the same "group"?
You can't include layers from different groups into a selection.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Do 23 Feb 2023 19:44 Do all the selected layers belong to the same "group"?
You can't include layers from different groups into a selection.
That's not correct. You can select layers from different groups, but it is not possible to select a layer and its group at the same time.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Eidolon hat geschrieben: Do 23 Feb 2023 18:44 I’m using PL 23.52 on Mac OS 13.1. I can no longer consistently select multiple layers in the layer list.

Multiple selection worked correctly in the past. Now it does occasionally, but usually I cannot select more than one layer or group at a time.

In the layer list, I click on one layer or group to select it. Then I hold down Shift or Command and click on another layer or group. The selection simply moves to the new click location. Multiple layers are not selected.
I just tried it on macOS 13.2.1 and it worked fine.

Is it maybe just a display problem?
What are your settings in the preferences at "Display > User Interface"? Is "Activate Black Mode" on? Do you have a custom selection color? Is Apple's Dark Mode enabled?

If you activate "Working > Special > Layer List with selection field" in the preferences, do checkmarks appear in the selection field on clicking with Command or Shift?
Eidolon hat geschrieben: Do 23 Feb 2023 18:44Am I doing something wrong?
There's not much you can do wrong. Shift/Command+click on the visibility field or on the thumbnail will not alter the selection, but if the mouse pointer is over the thumbnail and you press Shift or Command, the mouse pointer will change its appearance.

Martin
Eidolon
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eidolon »

Thank you all for the suggestions. “Mark All Selected Layers” is checked. Selecting multiple layers by clicking only works intermittently. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I cannot find a pattern.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 24 Feb 2023 12:53 What are your settings in the preferences at "Display > User Interface"?
My user interface settings are shown in the attached image.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 24 Feb 2023 12:53 Do you have a custom selection color?
That box is not checked in my PL settings. It seems that PL inherits the accent color and highlight color that I set in the Mac system settings (blue).
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 24 Feb 2023 12:53 Is Apple's Dark Mode enabled?
No
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 24 Feb 2023 12:53 If you activate "Working > Special > Layer List with selection field" in the preferences, do checkmarks appear in the selection field on clicking with Command or Shift?
Activating that option had two effects. (1) The selection color in the layer list changed from blue (which is the system color) to gray. (2) Check boxes appear in the layer list. Making multiple selections now works consistently if I check boxes. But it still works intermittently or not at all if I shift-click or command-click.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.