14.10 UI Improvements

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
podperson
Mitglied

14.10 UI Improvements

Beitrag von podperson »

I'm just blown away by 14.10 ... I reviewed Photoline for MacApper a week or so ago and made some negative remarks about Photoline's unmaclike UI features and they all seem to have been fixed.

Amazing. Keep up the good work. I registered today ;-)
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Re: 14.10 UI Improvements

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Hey Poddy

What were those things, exactly?

Cheers, geoff
gmhofmann
Betatester

Beitrag von gmhofmann »

johngie
Mitglied

Beitrag von johngie »

Regarding presets (referred to in the review) one of very few disappointments I felt compared with PS Pro was the inability of Photoline to save presets for all of its adjustments (as PSP does), like brightness/contrast, colour balance, unsharp masking and so on. Very useful features!!

Could this go on the wishlist?

Regards

John
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

I would like them to come with defaults for you could always reset to. I mess around with them, do stuff, but I really don't know what I am doing.

Curves is good with its defaults and both complex and simple adjustments available. Filter|DSigital Camera|Light/Shadow and Image Optimize really confuse me.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Ummm... do you see that little button next to every preset drop-down list on nearly every filter and adjustment tool, that if you hover on it it says "Modify Presets"?? (looks like a little pencil on a pad of paper)

See if that does anything. :o :lol:
lutz
Mitglied

Beitrag von lutz »

Koyaanis,
who did let you out of the snow so early this year?

Actually, it looks like all the "tools" have adjustable presets but that the "filters" do not have presets (obviously I do not seem to have missed them so far).
johngie
Mitglied

Beitrag von johngie »

lutz hat geschrieben:
Actually, it looks like all the "tools" have adjustable presets but that the "filters" do not have presets (obviously I do not seem to have missed them so far).
Except, I think, for Unsharp Mask. It would be nice to have that!

Unfortunately, in one sense, I've "grown up" with Paint Shop Pro and Photoline almost exactly mirrors its behaviour! With that in mind, another PSP feature I'd like to see is the behaviour of the browser window - in PSP when you select an image, the browser window just goes to the background - it doesn't minimise or disappear. There doesn't seem to be an option to do that and, for me, it slows things down. Could it be done?

Having said that, it's a great bit of software. I hardly use PSE or PSP any more.

Regards,

John