Any Tutorials for Removing Background and Clone Tool?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
genosmm
Mitglied

Any Tutorials for Removing Background and Clone Tool?

Beitrag von genosmm »

Am wondering if there are any English Tutorials for separating the subject from the background and using the clone tool?

Checked the Ver 14 Manual and found the copying and healing brushes but not clone tool.

Am somewhat overwhelmed by the size of the Manual.

Thanks

Gene
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Any Tutorials for Removing Background and Clone Tool?

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Aren't the copy brush and clone tool only other word for the same tool? I'm more familar with the german names for the tools, so I am not too sure about that.
lutz
Mitglied

Beitrag von lutz »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:Aren't the copy brush and clone tool only other word for the same tool? I'm more familar with the german names for the tools, so I am not too sure about that.
It surely is the same tool; but for an unknown reason the rest of the world keeps on using the wrong terminology :cry: .

I do not believe there is an English language cut-out tutorial published. Hoogo is currently working on the "definitive" tutorial, however in German. Perhaps a google translation can help a little bit further. You can find it in the last post of this thread:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1285

Have a look also at this cross-reference in case of other terminology hickups.
http://www.geocities.com/advanced_pser/ ... erence.htm
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Oh, I've more or less finished the text for that cut-out tutorial, I've started layouting it, printed it and am currently re-reading and correcting it. I'm going to upload an alpha-Version (most pictures are still missing...) next week. Still only german, though. It seems better to me to translate the finished version.
genosmm
Mitglied

Beitrag von genosmm »

Hoogo and Lutz,

Thankyou both for your comments.

If I could send a photo and specific comments of what would like to do. I can send either a RAW or JPEG file.

Thanks again for your help.

Gene
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Can you post the picture or a part of it here? Then one would easier understand what it's all about.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Hiya Hoogo

If you would like to do a rough translation, then send the package to me, I would be hapy to polish up the English for you. I'm very accustomed to doing this kind of thing -- my wife's mother tongue is Portuguese; her spoken English is okay but her written English doesn't do the job, so she writes what she thinks, and I polish it in consultation with her. We are currently translating a book this way! :D And working on it about 5000 km apart (she is currently working in Timor-Leste). :cry:

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Thanks, that's a great offer :) I will talk to you when I'm done.
genosmm
Mitglied

Beitrag von genosmm »

Hoogo,

The photo was taken in RAW with a Canon A570IS using CHDK.

Please tell me what is the preferred file format and max size for posting.

Thanks again for your help.

Gene
lutz
Mitglied

Beitrag von lutz »

A TIF or PNG should be good enough for these purposes ( at least you got to develop the RAW file according to your preferences).
You could upload such big files to a service like this : file.io; and then post or email a link.
http://file.io/
Bruno
Mitglied

Beitrag von Bruno »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:Oh, I've more or less finished the text for that cut-out tutorial, I've started layouting it, printed it and am currently re-reading and correcting it. I'm going to upload an alpha-Version (most pictures are still missing...) next week. Still only german, though. It seems better to me to translate the finished version.
nice to read this-thank you so much for your great engagement!
Bruno
genosmm
Mitglied

Beitrag von genosmm »

Lutz,

At this time the only nonRAW format we have is a JPG. If this is unacceptable please let me know and I will try to convert the RAW to TIFF or PNG.

I created the URL and noticed that the max file size is 100MB.

Here is a direct link http://assets.file.io/imjyooidjm_53cf4e ... 0eNtOVs%3D

Gene
genosmm
Mitglied

Beitrag von genosmm »

Tried the direct link but only got error message "<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<ServerTime>2008-02-19T17:29:44Z</ServerTime>
<Expires>2008-02-19T17:23:53Z</Expires>
<RequestId>3FBBC2B35A3DD005</RequestId>

<HostId>
xKHlktl9RsfNwuopTRXVSoHUZQzC13g5qzFBV3bqrmPA6GfU7suH+PVe8vOVGIb9
</HostId>
</Error>"

Gene
genosmm
Mitglied

Beitrag von genosmm »

Working direct link http://file.io/file/mymjyg.JPG

Tried before posting and was working.

Gene
genosmm
Mitglied

Beitrag von genosmm »

Everyone,

Was able to find an English tutorial to remove shadows with PhotoShop Elements http://www.ephotozine.com/article/How-t ... -flashguns

"The picture can be rescued in your image editing program too.
We'll use Photoshop Elements 2.0 - a competitively priced program with a lot of features of its big brother Photoshop 7.0. If you have a different program you should still be able to follow the technique and use your program to make the changes.
How to remove shadows created by on camera flashguns What we need to do is to clone over the shadow area with the background. This is going to be hard because you cannot see where the shadow ends and the person begins. Worse still, neither can the Magic Wand tool! As you can see here using the Magic Wand has made the shadow and body become selected.

There is a way around this. Go to the menu Layer>New Adjustment Layer and choose Gradient Map from the list that appears. Click okay and then click on the Gradient used for Greyscale Mapping colour bar to call up the gradient editor.
How to remove shadows created by on camera flashguns From this select the black to white gradient preset (third from the left). In the area below the presets you will see the tonal range of the gradient is now black to white. Click on the white marker below the scale and drag it across to the left while watching your photograph. Drag back so that you can see a defined edge of where the body ends and the shadow begins.

Don't worry, this is not affecting the photograph just the adjustment layer above. When you are happy that you can see the edge click ok.

How to remove shadows created by on camera flashguns Now use the selection tools either the Magic Wand or Magnetic Lasso to select the shadow area. Once you have it all selected click the eye icon next to the Adjustment layer to turn it off and select the background layer.

Notice how the selection stays on the background even though you made it on the black & white adjustment layer. It may not be full accurate either. In this example we have a further amount of tweaking to do but at least we have the hard part finished!
How to remove shadows created by on camera flashguns Use the plus lasso to draw quickly and roughly around the area where the shadow wasn't selected.

How to remove shadows created by on camera flashguns Now Select the clone tool. Magnify the image and start taking detail from outside the selected area and cloning over the shadow inside the selection. The illustration here shows coloured rings around zones outside the selection that were used as cloning points and zones inside the selection where these points were cloned to. It also shows a rough start to the patch up job that took about 10mins.

How to remove shadows created by on camera flashguns

Use a small feathered brush for fine detailed areas and a larger brush for the areas such as the background yellow and red parts. Magnify the picture to concentrate on a small section at a time.

Once you're happy save the picture remove the selection and use small brush to tidy up any areas around the selection edges.

How to remove shadows created by on camera flashguns

I decided to go one stage further and clone out the clutter on the left and used the crop, transform and rotate tools to make the wallpaper border horizontal so it looks a little more upright.

Much better don't you think?"

Was not able to transfer the tutorial photos.

Am wondering if this tech can be used with PhotoLine?

Gene