Cannot Remove Color Profile

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Eidolon
Mitglied

Cannot Remove Color Profile

Beitrag von Eidolon »

Hello. I can't seem to remove a color profile embedded in a photo. Attached here is a file where the problem is reproduceable. I did the following (on Mac OS 10.5.2):

1. Open file in GraphicConverter 5.9.5 and confirm that File > Edit Color Profile > Source says "sRGB built-in" (and confirm that "Use ColorSync color matching" is checked). Note that clicking the color profile button at the bottom of the picture's window changes the appearance.
2. Open the file in PL 14.11. Confirm that Activate Color Management is checked in Prefs. Note that Attributes says "ICC-Data: sRGB built-in." The photo is displayed with color management on. So far everything is as expected.
3. Go to Tool > Color > Set Color Profile. By default, "No Profile" is chosen. The photo automatically changes to a display without color management. Click OK. Note that the line about ICC data is gone from Attributes. So far everything is as expected.
4. Save the file as JPEG under a new name.
5. Open the new file in GraphicConverter. Unexpectedly, it still shows that same profile as in step 1. I expected no profile.
6. Open the new file in PL. There is no sign of a color profile. (Attributes does not mention ICC data, and the display is without color management.) This contradicts the evidence in GraphicConverter in step 5.

My goal is to remove the profile in PL and to be sure that it's gone for all applications. Should I be doing something differently?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Cannot Remove Color Profile

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Eidolon hat geschrieben:5. Open the new file in GraphicConverter. Unexpectedly, it still shows that same profile as in step 1. I expected no profile.
6. Open the new file in PL. There is no sign of a color profile. (Attributes does not mention ICC data, and the display is without color management.) This contradicts the evidence in GraphicConverter in step 5.
I do not know, what kind of information GraphicConverter is showing, but I do know, that PhotoLine is removing the profile correctly. You can test it yourself by using a hex-editor. In the original file you will find the character sequence "mntr", which is part of the icc-profile. This sequence is missing in the file, if there is no icc profile.

GraphicConverter is most probably interpreting the EXIF-/XMP-values embedded in the file. The EXIF-/XMP-data may contain the colorspace which should be used for an image, so you may have to remove the EXIF- and XMP-data, too.

Martin