PhotoLine for Intel based Macs

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
maho
Mitglied

PhotoLine for Intel based Macs

Beitrag von maho »

Hi Martin & Gerhard,

Are there any plans to release a PhotoLine binary optimized for Intel-based Macs? That seems to be the way Steve Jobs is taking his company. Would such a version run much faster than the Universal binary?

Thank you.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: PhotoLine for Intel based Macs

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

maho hat geschrieben:Are there any plans to release a PhotoLine binary optimized for Intel-based Macs? That seems to be the way Steve Jobs is taking his company. Would such a version run much faster than the Universal binary?
An Universal Binary contains a binary for Intel-based Macs. Or do you mean something different?

Martin
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

I was under the perhaps mistaken assumption that an Intel optimized binary would be smaller or faster than a Universal binary.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

maho hat geschrieben:I was under the perhaps mistaken assumption that an Intel optimized binary would be smaller or faster than a Universal binary.
An Intel only version would be significantly smaller than an universal binary, but not faster.

Martin
podperson
Mitglied

Beitrag von podperson »

There's probably a simple utility out there to do this by now, but here's how to "thin out" universal binaries:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php? ... 9195046756

Personally, disk space is cheap. I wouldn't bother.