Bug with Undo (in version 14.50B17)

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Antworten
procyon
Mitglied

Bug with Undo (in version 14.50B17)

Beitrag von procyon »

Discovered a bug while using Flood fill tool.
If I create a large 16-bit pictureand use Flood fill several times so that the undo memory is exhausted, the "Start" item in "Undo list" does not go back to the start anymore but just one step backwards.
One way that I could always replicate it:
1. Create a large 16-bit picture(for example 8000x6000 (smaller documents also have same bug, but it takes longer to show))
2. Divide it to two parts with a brush line
3. Use flood fill to fill both parts with colour (the second time I use flood fill the "Painting" item disappears from undo list (probably because undo memory is exhausted) and only items in undo list are "start" and "flood fill")
4. Press "start" in undo list
5. It only removes the last flood fill but does not go back to start (blank document)
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Bug with Undo (in version 14.50B17)

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

procyon hat geschrieben:Discovered a bug while using Flood fill tool.
If I create a large 16-bit pictureand use Flood fill several times so that the undo memory is exhausted, the "Start" item in "Undo list" does not go back to the start anymore but just one step backwards.
One way that I could always replicate it:
1. Create a large 16-bit picture(for example 8000x6000 (smaller documents also have same bug, but it takes longer to show))
2. Divide it to two parts with a brush line
3. Use flood fill to fill both parts with colour (the second time I use flood fill the "Painting" item disappears from undo list (probably because undo memory is exhausted)
Yes, this is the reason for the behaviour you are seeing. You can set the memory limit for undo in the options with "Working/Undo". The default limit is 128 MB.

But a 16-bit (RGB-)image with 8000x6000 pixels consumes 274 MB. Given that combined with a maximum address space of 2 GB on Windows (on Mac OS the limit is a bit higher), you won't get many undo steps, even if you set the available undo space to unlimited.

Martin
procyon
Mitglied

Re: Bug with Undo (in version 14.50B17)

Beitrag von procyon »

Yes I understand.

But the problem is that the "Start" is still in the undo list, but pressing it does not take back to Start.
The "start" item does not change to something else when it is not really there any more.

I can press Flood fill several times, but it will still show "Start" and "flood fill" in undo list, but actually the "start" item should be replaced by "flood fill" because "start" got pushed out of the undo memory by it.
Antworten