Free masking plug-in -- Windows

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Free masking plug-in -- Windows

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Hello all

Here's a free masking plug-in that would be worth testing on PL32. Someone raised it on the Canvas list; it works for Canvas even though it is spruiked as P'shop 6 compliant, which is a higher version than most plug-ins that work with Canvas. For Windows, dammit! 8-)

http://research.graphicon.ru/image-proc ... owcut.html

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

Necessary?

Beitrag von Michael Roek-Ramirez »

Hello Greenmorpher,

my approach is different: I dont want all Plug-Ins to work in PL32, I want PL32 to have all the functionalities.
Sometimes not easy to convince the developpers, because it´s just nice-to-haves for a few users, but in this particular example, it does not take me more time to use PL32´s own tools to get the same result.
I admit, the foreground-add, background-subtract feature is nice, but either, PL32 and this plug-in, need manual corrections.

My selection of desired plug-ins decreases in any new PL32 version ;-)

regards

Michael
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Hello Michael

I agree vwith your general approach, and I find PL32's tools excellent. But I thought this plug-in might cover an area which PL32 didn’t cover as well.

You said
it does not take me more time to use PL32´s own tools to get the same result.

Can you explain a little -- making a selection, for example? I am thinking particularly of one which provides for a subject like a dog with hairy parts. Can you do that qucikly and easily? (I don't know whether this filter will do that, but I would like to know a quick way to do it.)

Cheers, Geoff

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

Depends

Beitrag von Michael Roek-Ramirez »

IMHO there is no general masking procedure. It ALWAYS depends on object and background and on what you like to do with the masked object.
Send me an example pic and I tell you how long it took me to get which result.
Automask in PL is agreat feature but you will have continuously to adjust the tolerance range.
Someimes you rathe mask the background instead of the object. For the "hairy things" generally you need to use soft border and "Mask"-"Increase size".
Same is valid for the mentioned plug-in: They dont have a general rule, just mark foreground, select background, then doo the rest manually ,-)

Often nobody cares about the original hairs and you just remove them and draw new ones, usig the correction brush or copy brush.

Regards

Michael
greenmorpher
Mitglied

I see what you're getting at, Michael. I'll try a few things.

Interesting site of yours -- we have serious interests in common.

Cheers, Geoff