Autocorrect

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Autocorrect

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Hiya Koyaanis

In the "Connect Images" thread, you mentioned the usefulness of Menu Bar | Filter | Automatic | Automatic Correction for pictures just out of the camera AND other pix to which you have made editing changes, such as the case of dealing with the colour shift when using Connect Images.

Right on, Bro!

I just thought I would start a new thread here in case anyone else was as silly as me and hadn't actually tried it on a few images. :oops:

I was preparing half a dozen pix for eBay last night, pictures of a black camera on a white background, actually, taken under the bizarre lighting situation you can imagine -- very heavy, dark cloud plus flash. Colour casts, no contrast where it was needed, etc.

A combination of Automatic Correction and a bit of a kink up in the bottom end of the CLUT curve fixed them all in no time.

Excellent.

The HUGE value of the Automatic Correction is that it moved the photos from being quite difficult to fix to *nearly* right -- good enough to use but even better with a minor tweak of the CLUT curve (something I could handle!). :D

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

I hope you found that auto correct to fix some of the desaturation in HDR stuff.

For a matter of information, that other filter that Gerhard mentioned to help fix some problematic HDR blends, the "Image Optimize" filter, is pretty interesting. It's like a light and shadow filter, but instead of the usual controls of just working with the intensity, it allows you to independently control the gamma of the light and shadow regions. as well as choosing the width of lights and shadows to which you want to apply it. Pretty interesting.

Want another sneak-peek preview bit of info? You know all these special filters in PL32? There's going to be an option in all the filter panels to apply them as a working layer instead of directly to the image layer. Increasing the working-layer types to 34 kinds (so far). :-) I'm always using working layers as brushes, using the old method of filing a working layer with black (mask it out), then use white or gray-scale brushes to brush the effect back in. This way I can use all the special filters as filter brushes. (I hope they're not mad at me for revealing this "filter > create working layer" addition, but ... there's so many new features coming! I can't help but blab a little.)
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Now THAT sounds as though it is far beyond my potential to use it! 8-)

I'll look forward to the release when it is all bedded down.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com