Colour Space Query

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Carl
Mitglied

Colour Space Query

Beitrag von Carl »

Hi

I downloaded the trial version of Photoline last night and have been setting it up. It has some really powerful features that I like very much. However, I'm experiencing a problem with regard to its management and handling of Colour Spaces.

In the Options dialog, under Colour Management>devices I can set up the monitor profile using my monitor calibration profile and my Printer profile using the profile for my paper/ink combination. Not a problem

Under Standard, I assume that I should be able to select an RGB profile such as AdobeRGB98 or ProPhoto etc, yet the only options available to me are 8 printer and monitor profiles. The same applies with "Set Color Profile" and "Convert with Color Profile"

Could someone possibly advise me as to what I'm missing or doing wrong?

regards

Carl
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Colour Space Query

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Carl hat geschrieben:Could someone possibly advise me as to what I'm missing or doing wrong?
PhotoLine doesn't install ICC profiles, but uses those, that are installed on your computer. At the moment there seem to be only profiles for some devices.

You can proceed by downloading ICC profiles from the web and installing them. The usual sources are http://www.eci.org and the Adobe site.

Martin
Carl
Mitglied

Beitrag von Carl »

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry. I just re-read my post and realise I didn't explain myself very well.

I have custom built printer profiles that are are in C:\Windows\System32\spool\Drivers\Color\
I also calibrate my monitor and the profile is also in C:\Windows\System32\spool\Drivers\Color\

Photoline found those profiles and is using them.

There are in total 46 profiles in this folder including those for color spaces AdobeRGB1998, ProPhoto and so on. I would like to be able to embed the AdobeRGB1998 color space profile (or when needed, the ProPhoto color space profile) into my images as I did with Photoshop.

If I open Options>Color Management and select Standard, then click on the RGB box I would expect to see AdobeRGB1998.icc and ProPhoto.icc listed. The only profiles that are listed though, are the printer and monitor profiles.

I am guessing that I am either doing something wrong or expecting something incorrectly. How do I make those profiles that are in the folder available to Photoline?

My thanks for any help on this.

Regards

Carl
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Carl hat geschrieben:I am guessing that I am either doing something wrong or expecting something incorrectly. How do I make those profiles that are in the folder available to Photoline?
PhotoLine is using the profiles, if they are properly installed. If the profiles were just copied to C:\Windows\System32\spool\Drivers\Color\, Windows is not using them. I don't know whether this is the problem, but it may be.
In the explorer you can try to right-click one of the profiles, that are not showing up in PhotoLine, and if the context-menu has an entry like "Install Profile" or "Install ICC-Profile", the profile hasn't been installed but copied, but you just have to use that context-menu command to fix it.

Martin
Carl
Mitglied

Beitrag von Carl »

Thank you so very much. That's exactly what the problem was. All the profiles I had introduced had been properly installed, which was why they showed in Photoline. All teh other profiles had obviously been just copied into the folder.

Regards

Carl