TWAIN not recognised on Mac

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

TWAIN not recognised on Mac

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

PL32 14.5, Intel Mac, OS X.4.11.

I installed the latest driver for my Epson Perfection 1640SU yesterday. PL32 apparently does not recognise it. it is recognised by Canvas, so presumably the installation is okay.

I just re-installed PL32 v.14.5. TWAIN still not recognised.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: TWAIN not recognised on Mac

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben:PL32 14.5, Intel Mac, OS X.4.11.

I installed the latest driver for my Epson Perfection 1640SU yesterday. PL32 apparently does not recognise it. it is recognised by Canvas, so presumably the installation is okay.

I just re-installed PL32 v.14.5. TWAIN still not recognised.
Canvas is a PPC-application. If your scanner driver is PPC-only, too, the driver will be recognized by every PPC application, but not by any native Intel-application.

I just tried TWAIN-scanning myself and it worked fine. The only "glitch" was, that I had to use "Select Scanner" before scanning.

Martin
greenmorpher
Mitglied

I had already tried "Select Scanner", Martin, but the window just remains blank. Epson specifically states in bright coloured type, that this driver is for both Intel and PPC computers.

I just reinstalled the driver again, this time using the "Easy Install" option to install the whole bunch of drivers rather than just the Perfection 1640SU, in case that meant some other restriction on installation. Still no good.

I wonder whether Epson has not updated this driver to Intel native since the Perfection 1640SU is (in computer terms) a bit old now.

It's not a huge problem for me since I can do scans in Canvas, but it is a matter of convenience.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben:I had already tried "Select Scanner", Martin, but the window just remains blank. Epson specifically states in bright coloured type, that this driver is for both Intel and PPC computers.

I just reinstalled the driver again, this time using the "Easy Install" option to install the whole bunch of drivers rather than just the Perfection 1640SU, in case that meant some other restriction on installation. Still no good.

I wonder whether Epson has not updated this driver to Intel native since the Perfection 1640SU is (in computer terms) a bit old now.
You can test whether the problem is a PPC-only driver by starting PhotoLine using Rosetta. If the scanner is now listed in "Select Scanner", it is a PPC-problem.

Martin
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Hi Martin

Yep, that's the problem. No worries -- I'll just try to remember that if I need to do some scanning in PL32 for some reason.

Cheers, geoff