Your photoline Wish List / Deine Photoline Wunschliste

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Your photoline Wish List / Deine Photoline Wunschliste

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben: I do think that the Border Matting tool could benefit from some enhancements. For example, I remember liking the "Smart Highlighting" tool in Photoshop that automatically adjusted the width of the brush according to the sharpness of the area being highlighted. Adding a "Fill" tool to the Border Matting tools would speed up defining which areas are included and excluded.
After thinking about this, I've changed my mind -- those enhancements would only be needed when the Border Matting tool is used directly, without first creating a lasso.

It would be better to have those enhancements as part of a new Lasso tool -- a "Smart Edge Lasso".
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Another feature request: A filter for changing the color (hue, brightness, saturation) of vector objects and groups of vector objects.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

After a hiatus, I updated my wish list (first post in this thread). Feel free to add your own wishes here and comment mine.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

I post some of my requests and bugfixes here https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6297 Is it better just to add that info to this topic or is it ok to keep that separate thread?

Photoline is very powerful under the hood and already have a lot of unique options for people who really digg into things but it will never be popular around digital artists market until you provide solid flexible and user friendly cross platform UI design and until you fix some basic usability problems and limitations. Probably you hear this endless amount of time, especially from Mac OS users (it is sounds really crazy that app that have most flexible curves and historgam tools in the world and that can convert image to LAB in 32 bit depth, can not move zoomed out image inside frame and have no option for clean full screen preview)
So i can highly recommend concentrate on serious GUI layout redesign as well as fix and simplify some rudimentary multiplied and overlapped options in menus and other places.
Next hire some icon designer who will draw you fresh pixel perfect icons set. Pixel perfect means they should be specially drawn and optimized for each exact fixed pixel resolution, but not just converted from vector sketch same as current icons in pld file. Icons drawn in this way usually looks blurred and not pixel perfect.
It is great that your app reads icons from pld file, so if UI will be flexible and usable enough and a lot of people will use your app, soon or late someone may draw their own custom icons sets. UI is priority, Icons are not the priority.

UPD. Just to illustrate the situation:
Photoline UI on Mac https://i.imgur.com/d1Z5095.jpg
Photoshop UI on Mac https://i.imgur.com/EVk2i5f.jpg
Cinema 4D UI https://i.imgur.com/ZQG7Daw.jpg
Davinci Resolve UI https://i.imgur.com/xpNC5Z3.jpg
Cockos Reaper UI iLogic v3 custom theme https://i.imgur.com/wwoGo6p.jpg
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

and have no option for clean full screen preview
Wrong. -> Full Screen -> F11 does the trick.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
der_fotograf
Mitglied

UI is priority,
Why? It is good as it is. If you prefer a nice UI over precision, there is PS or Affinity.
der_fotograf
Mitglied

can not move zoomed out image inside frame and have no option for clean full screen preview
I don't miss that option, and I guess many other users don't miss it either.
Next hire some icon designer who will draw you fresh pixel perfect icons set.
As far as I remember you can modify the icons to your taste, even pixel perfect. I prefer perfect algorithms for TIFF image scaling over pixel perfect icons. :mrgreen:

What amazes me is the fact that you just started to use PhotoLine and already complain about so many things...

Remember: Before you criticize someone, walk seven miles in their shoes.
Means: Use PL for three months, then talk.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Do 26 Dez 2019 15:16
UI is priority,
Why? It is good as it is. If you prefer a nice UI over precision, there is PS or Affinity.
I prefer UI and precision. Both equal. Practicality Aesthetics Profitability - basic rule of design. Affinity UI actually ok, but far from perfect.
der_fotograf hat geschrieben:Wrong. -> Full Screen -> F11 does the trick.
F11 is not a real fullscreen. It only stretches window frame to screen but don't provide real fullscreen mode (image on grey background and nothing else). I test all things on Mac, so maybe things may looks better on Windows. At least Photoline UI on Windows looks slightly better than on Mac.
can not move zoomed out image inside frame and have no option for clean full screen preview

I don't miss that option, and I guess many other users don't miss it either.
As suggested by Herbert123, this problem may be fixed by Edit-->Options-->Display-->Document
Set the Edge Width for both the Document Mode and Picture Mode to 1000%. Just try to use this mode and you will see how flexible things could be.
What amazes me is the fact that you just started to use PhotoLine and already complain about so many things...

Remember: Before you criticize someone, walk seven miles in their shoes.
Means: Use PL for three months, then talk.
I have near 20 years of experience in image and video editing, and also i design and engeener my own accessories for digital cinema cameras (proof https://lavky.com/radioproektor/ ), so i usually learn programs rather fast and also rather critical to details and always try to improve everything and make all things perfect. There are endless list of PhotoLine advantages compare to Photoshop, but what is the point to discuss advantages in beta forum thread? As requested, i just post bugs and problems that i see. It is up to developers to fix those bugs or ignore. I am not a coder, so i have no idea if it is complicated to fix those problems or not.
I wish Photoline UI looks like Nuke. Over long time Nuke actually has rather ugly icons, but same time it has so flexible, simple and adjustable UI that no one ever cares about how icons look.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hei Herbert123,

Could you add to the list a recent used brushes?

When painting, I often have to jump from one brush to another with some specific settings and having a recent used brushes could streamline the workflow a lot.
I know that we can save a new brush, but this will just fill up the brush list with unnecessary brushes that are only used for one specific project.

Cheers,
Juan
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Juan hat geschrieben: Fr 27 Dez 2019 11:31 Hei Herbert123,

Could you add to the list a recent used brushes?

When painting, I often have to jump from one brush to another with some specific settings and having a recent used brushes could streamline the workflow a lot.
I know that we can save a new brush, but this will just fill up the brush list with unnecessary brushes that are only used for one specific project.

Cheers,
Juan
I will add a new section related to the digital painting/drawing option in PhotoLine. To be honest, I use Krita or ClipStudio for this work myself, but I do think the basics could be improved further in PhotoLine. A recent list of brushes is definitely a good basic feature to have.

I wish brushes, pattern, texture, etc. library lists could be improved as well. They only allow for max 6 entries, and I far more libraries. Ideally the panels would accommodate folders/categories just like the Actions panel.

Anyway, will add these to the wish list tomorrow. First catching some shut-eye ;-)
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

Puppet Warp (or advanced distort tool) will be great
wmjordan
Mitglied

Beitrag von wmjordan »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Fr 27 Dez 2019 12:00 I will add a new section related to the digital painting/drawing option in PhotoLine. To be honest, I use Krita or ClipStudio for this work myself, but I do think the basics could be improved further in PhotoLine. A recent list of brushes is definitely a good basic feature to have.
I agree with this.

Thanks for mentioning Krita.
It looks great. I will give it a try :)
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Would be great to have an inertia pan as an option, when dealing with big zoom factor and big pictures you want to move to another place of the canvas, and having this inertia could ease the mouse clicks. Just like PS (hating to admit :lol: )

Hope it makes sense.
Juan