Projection of placeholder

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Antworten
Paul
Mitglied

Projection of placeholder

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi,
When I want to project a placeholder on a bottle, transparency is turned off, so there is a white square.
This is not the case when I project a normal image.
Does anyone know a way to avoid this?

- Paul
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Projection of placeholder

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Paul hat geschrieben: Do 14 Mär 2019 10:05When I want to project a placeholder on a bottle, transparency is turned off, so there is a white square.
What tool or menu command do you use to project the placeholder?

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Effect filters->Projection.
I can send you a document and/or video if needed.

- Paul
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

When I use this function I can see the transparency box being switched off in the layer attributes.
I just noticed that transparency is switched off too when I use Effects>Special tools>Swirl.
- Paul
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Paul hat geschrieben: Do 14 Mär 2019 11:08 Effect filters->Projection.
So you are applying a Dynamic Filter.

I see no basic difference between using Projection with a placeholder and an image.
The two differences I do see are:
- After converting a background layer with transparency to a placeholder, the resulting document has a white background. The placeholder does have transparency, though.
- After applying Projection to the placeholder, both the original placeholder and the result of the dynamic filter are visible. After setting the mix mode of the Dynamic Filter to "Replace", the original layer will be gone.

If you see a different behaviour, a small sample document containing the placeholder and the Dynamic Filter would be helpful.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Paul hat geschrieben: Do 14 Mär 2019 11:21 When I use this function I can see the transparency box being switched off in the layer attributes.
Did you inspect the placeholder or the Dynamic Filter? The Layer Attributes of the Dynamic Filter show the properties of the mask and the mask usually doesn't have transparency.

Martin
Antworten