Neue Testversion 21.90b2

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Eurgail
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 21.90b2

Beitrag von Eurgail »

As far as I can see, you did not define the unit for the definition. Therefore, the unit shown when the window popped up is used.
For the measurement tool to work the way you expect, I guess you have to ensure that the units in the definition field and the tool properties are identical.

Edit: Of course, another option instead of writing the abbreviation of the unit is to do a right click into the text field. :)
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Eurgail hat geschrieben: Mo 22 Jul 2019 17:58 As far as I can see, you did not define the unit for the definition. Therefore, the unit shown when the window popped up is used.
For the measurement tool to work the way you expect, I guess you have to ensure that the units in the definition field and the tool properties are identical.

Edit: Of course, another option instead of writing the abbreviation of the unit is to do a right click into the text field. :)
Thank, although it wasn't the problem it help me to check on something thanks to you. The problem was not is writing down the units (there is no need for that), the thing was changing the units over the Tools Settings before setting up the scale to Centimeters (in my case) and after that it works properly.
units.JPG
units.JPG (12.42 KiB) 4351 mal betrachtet
Not sure why this units were not following the main units, but it is ok now.

Cheers,
Juan
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

With pleasure! :)
The point is: The input for the scale setup gives the user the possibility to use a familiar scale unit and also affects the calculation precission (as far as i know). The option for the measurement tool (that shows the bubble with the numbers) allows then to change the unit independently, that means without affecting anything else and without being changed from any input (like brush size is not changed with picture size for example).
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Juan hat geschrieben: Mo 22 Jul 2019 10:25Liquify isn't listed in the Adjustment dialog mostly because of performance reasons.
I see, thanks for the explanation.
Is there room for improvement on this tool to overcome it?
[/quote]
What's the advantage of Liquify being listed in the Adjustment dialog?

Martin
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Di 23 Jul 2019 15:30
Juan hat geschrieben: Mo 22 Jul 2019 10:25Liquify isn't listed in the Adjustment dialog mostly because of performance reasons.
I see, thanks for the explanation.
Is there room for improvement on this tool to overcome it?
What's the advantage of Liquify being listed in the Adjustment dialog?

Martin
[/quote]
In all this years using PL I never played with it because I thought it was destructive until I click on it and noticed that an adjustment layer is created and even you can stack many of them to create more interesting results.
From my point of view having a tool that creates an adjustment layer that is not present on the adjustment layer list it doesn't give so much clarity over the tool, its capabilities and coherence.

Cheers,
Juan
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

I found two issues in the Color Editor window:

1- The S letter of Saturation is cropped:
Saturation.jpg
Saturation.jpg (21.85 KiB) 4252 mal betrachtet

2- I found that PL doesn't remember the latest Color mode used, for example if I open the dialog and the default value is RGB and I change it for HSV, the value reverse again to RGB after reopening the Color Editor window.

Cheers,
Juan
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Juan hat geschrieben: Fr 26 Jul 2019 08:31 1- The S letter of Saturation is cropped:
I will fix this
Juan hat geschrieben: Fr 26 Jul 2019 08:31 2- I found that PL doesn't remember the latest Color mode used, for example if I open the dialog and the default value is RGB and I change it for HSV, the value reverse again to RGB after reopening the Color Editor window.
PhotoLine shows the color space that is set by the color. If you just switch the color space with the popup, the color space will not be changed because this would cause an unwanted change of the color if you try the entries of the popup. So use one of the sliders to change the color space of your color.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a problem or a tool limitation. When I use the Flood Fill tool to create a new vector layer from another vector layer, this new created layer gives a non smooth result (seems like the Flood tool uses Pixel mode to create a vector layer) ... better pictures than words here:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (78.01 KiB) 4214 mal betrachtet

Small test file attached:
Flood Fill.pld
(4.5 KiB) 96-mal heruntergeladen
Cheers,
Juan
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Juan hat geschrieben: Mo 29 Jul 2019 14:35Not sure if this is a problem or a tool limitation. When I use the Flood Fill tool to create a new vector layer from another vector layer, this new created layer gives a non smooth result (seems like the Flood tool uses Pixel mode to create a vector layer) ...
It's a limition of the tool. Even when creating vector layers, Flood Fill is still a pixel-based tool and just creates vector layers by vectorizing the pixel result.
Usually this isn't a problem, because the shape being filled covers possible inaccuracies. But with hair lines or 1-pixel-lines this doesn't work so well, especially when zoomed in.

Martin
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 29 Jul 2019 15:49 It's a limition of the tool. Even when creating vector layers, Flood Fill is still a pixel-based tool and just creates vector layers by vectorizing the pixel result.
Usually this isn't a problem, because the shape being filled covers possible inaccuracies. But with hair lines or 1-pixel-lines this doesn't work so well, especially when zoomed in.
Thank you for the extended explanation, really appreciated.
Since this is a pixel based tool, would it be possible to have a dedicated tool for this tasks?
As far as I know the only non-cad software capable of filling in between vector lines is Illustrator and at some degree PL, any other does it.
One of the many possible usage for this tool is architectural diagrams where the drawings are exported as pdf in order to make the necessary adjustments to make the final picture. This is an example taken from the internet (I can't share my own projects since they are under NDA):
https://pin.it/xtocil742szm35

Cheers,
Juan
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

When many vector layers are inside a group it is not possible to use the Layer Tool select some of them by "drawing" a rectangle, it always takes the Group. In order to select those layers I have to click one by one which is a tedious and not straight forward task, therefore I have to ungroup it, select those vector layers and then regroup everything.

My suggestion here is that, when the Deep Selection is enable it allows to select only the elements inside the Group and not the Group per se.

Hope it makes sense.

Cheers,
Juan
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Juan hat geschrieben: Fr 02 Aug 2019 07:34 When many vector layers are inside a group it is not possible to use the Layer Tool select some of them by "drawing" a rectangle, it always takes the Group.
As far as I can see, that's actually not true. Once you've entered the group and selected any layer in it (for example via deep selection), a rectangular selection will affect only layers inside.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Eurgail hat geschrieben: Fr 02 Aug 2019 09:30 As far as I can see, that's actually not true. Once you've entered the group and selected any layer in it (for example via deep selection), a rectangular selection will affect only layers inside.
Thanks, then trick is to select any element that is inside of the group first. Not the best workflow but is ok.

Cheers,
Juan
Antworten