Repairing Brush needs update to keep up

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Repairing Brush needs update to keep up

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

In one of my earlier postings, I suggested changes to the PhotoLine Repairing Brush to make it more efficient. At the time, I was comparing it to Paint Shop Pro's Blemish Fixer, which to me was ahead of both PL and Photoshop/Photoshop Elements. The Blemish Fixer made a simple repair with a click of the mouse without requiring setting a source point. PL and PS/PSE required selection of a source point first.

Now the latest versions of Photoshop/Photoshop Elements have leaped ahead of PL and PSP with changes to their Spot Healing Brush. The tool has a Content Aware option, which no longer requires the user to first select a source point before actual application of the tool. In addition, the Spot Healing Brush will remove small objects from an image with a sweep of the mouse. The other options for the Spot Healing Brush are Proximity Match and Create Texture.

I think an update of PL's Repairing Brush should be on the agenda for version 17.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Re: Repairing Brush needs update to keep up

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

I can't imagine how tricky it would be to do, I suspect it would be enormously difficult, but I agree wholeheartedly. It would be a grat tool to have. :D

This is one of about three convenience tools appearing in both P'shop and PE which I suspect were originally developed with PE in mind, but which turned out to be enormous time saves for the pros who would use them 99% of the time rather than doing stuff "by hand".

Best regards, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Publisher, Editor, Business Writer
The Worsley Press

FREE bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all business" FREE when you buy "Success in Store: how to start or buy a retail business, enjoy running it and make money" or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Buy at Amazon or www.worsleypress.com
bkh
Betatester

Re: Repairing Brush needs update to keep up

Beitrag von bkh »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben:I can't imagine how tricky it would be to do, I suspect it would be enormously difficult, but I agree wholeheartedly. It would be a grat tool to have. :D
The current PL beta already has the required functionality - there already is a "remove object" function which could in principle be used for that purpose, but the way it works is too complicated to use it as an intelligent repair brush. In fact, prompted by this thread, I already suggested to use the "remove object" functionality to introduce a more intelligent repair brush (http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... 502#p15445 - in German). No feedback from the developers yet, though.

Cheers,

Burkhard.