- Die Lupe in der Anzeige war doch schon in der letzten Beta drin...
- Die Halbtransparenz habe ich nicht verstanden


I tried on flyaway hair and lace around the edges of a subject, and it did not distinguish between the highlighted strands of hair and the background. Nor did it properly interpret the semi-transparent property of lace.OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:... I assume the new Border Matting tool is designed to be used in semi-transparent areas of a region to be cut out. My assessment of the effectiveness of the Border Matting Tool in inclusive. I plan to try it on an image with flyaway human hair later tonight.

ich habe das Zebra mal untergmhofmann hat geschrieben:kannst du das Zebrabild mal hier reinstellen, damit man das nachbauen kann?
For years there were only German speakers in this forum, so I guess it will take a while to get customed to English readers. And it's easier to write in your own language, there's always a word you can't remember and you have to look up in your dictionary. But I'll try to keep in mind that there are English readers now, too.Juan hat geschrieben:...but somehow I feel like the people who do not speak german are a little "out" from here...
I know that is way easier to speak in your own language (my mother language is spanish, now I speak english and finnish too :S) but that´s the advantage od babelfish for exampleHoogo hat geschrieben:For years there were only German speakers in this forum, so I guess it will take a while to get customed to English readers. And it's easier to write in your own language, there's always a word you can't remember and you have to look up in your dictionary. But I'll try to keep in mind that there are English readers now, too.

Ich denke mir, dass dieses Verhalten durchaus auch erwünscht sein kann. Wenn du dieses Verhalten nicht willst, kannst du bei der Arbeitsebene "Mit Vorgänger gruppieren" aktivieren (oder ggf. eine gekapselte Gruppe anlegen).Andreas87 hat geschrieben:Start: Hintergrundebene + "Gaußscher Weichzeichner" - Ebene, um das Bildes etwas 'weicher' zu machen
Wenn man jetzt darüber eine Clipping Ebene hinzufügt, bekommt die Weichzeichner-Ebene automatisch einen Transparenz-Kanal (das ist ok), und diese wird auch aktiv. Dadurch wird ungewollt der Rand der Clipping-Ebene weichgezeichnet.
Mein Vorschlag ist, den Transparenz-Kanal, der beim Anlegen der Clipping-Ebene bei den anderen Ebenen hinzugefügt wird, nicht zu aktivieren, weil das unerwünschte Effekte hat.

I don't think so for two reasons:OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:1. Should the Border Matting tool be included as part of the Quick Selection tool with a button on the Tool Settings of Quick Selection? To me, that would seem to be more efficient.
You mean a third color (aside from the yellow for the foreground and the red for the background) for the currently transparent areas? The transparent areas (instead of a color) have the advantage, that they don't hide the fine details in the picture.OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:2. Should the Border Matting operation have a separate color?
This might be useful.OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:3. Should there be a Process button in the Tool Settings section for Copy to New Layer or Copy to New Document? Again, to me that would be more efficient.
A simple smoothing isn't useful in the general case. I can't say, why there are those jaggies your image without seeing the original, but all the masking and matting algorithms are affected by strong JPEG compression.OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:4. Should the Quick Selection tool have an adjustable "Smooth" function to lessen the sharp turns in the selection line? I'm attaching a screen cap of an enlarged section of the top of a shaved head in an image. The edge width was set for 5, providing for a smoother transition to the layer to be placed behind the selection, but note the rough and jagged sections caused by color variations. Application of the Border Matting did not seem to improve the edge. Perhaps, a way to smooth the selection a big might make this look better.