Neue Testversion 18.40b13

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
bkh
Betatester

Re: Neue Testversion 18.40b13

Beitrag von bkh »

Hier ist noch ein Problem mit dem Durchschnitt von Vektorebenen:

Wennn die Pfade nicht geschlossen sind, bekommt man merkwürdige Ergebnisse (1), bei geschlossenen Pfaden ist alles in Ordnung (2), ebenso, wenn man die Endpunkte per "Vektorpunkte verbinden" miteinander verbindet (3):
Intersection bug.png
Intersection bug.png (20.34 KiB) 1529 mal betrachtet
Die Ebenen habe ich nachträglich eingefärbt, damit man besser sieht, was passiert. PLD im Anhang.

Da man sowieso Durchschnitte von offenen Pfaden nicht immer als offene Pfade darstellen kann, wäre es vielleicht sinnvoll, die Pfade vor der Durchschnittsberechnung so wie in (3) zu schließen.

Bei Vereinigungen sieht es ähnlich aus, Differenz und Exklusion habe ich nicht ausprobiert.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Dateianhänge
Intersection bug.pld
(14.1 KiB) 47-mal heruntergeladen
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

okapi hat geschrieben:Die Mehrfachkonvertierung ist ein Werkzeug, das ich oft nutze. Leider werden immer noch bereits existierende Dateien mit gleichem Namen ohne Warnung überschrieben. Es wäre sehr hilfreich, wenn es bei existierenden Dateien einen Dialog gäbe in der Form:
"Wollen Sie ... überschreiben?"
und "... für alle ... Dateien anwenden".
wenn du ins gleiche Verzeichnis konvertierst, aus dem du gelesen hast, erfolgt bereits eine Warnung. Hast du ein anderes Verzeichnis eingestellt und befinden sich darin bereits Dateien mit dem gleichen Namen gibt es keine Warnung. Eine Verzeichniswarnung wäre in diesem Fall nicht sinnvoll. Die Konsequenz wäre eine Warnung für jede Datei. Das würde dich sicherlich in den Wahnsinn treiben, wenn du mehrere hundert Dateien konvertieren möchtest.

Gerhard
photoken
Mitglied

3D Body layer mask doesn't work

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64
PL 18.40b13 x64

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature request.

If I create a layer mask for a 3D Body vector layer, and draw a black-to-white gradient on the mask, the 3D Body does not fade to transparency. I can first "Fix" the 3D Body layer and apply that mask to achieve transparency, but the quality of the 3D shading is not good -- you can see white lines between the individual vector layers that make up the shading for the sides of the 3D object.

The object on the left is the original 3D Body with a gradient layer mask applied. No transparency for the object. The object on the right was first "fixed" before applying the gradient layer mask.
3D body mask.png
3D body mask.png (35.32 KiB) 1501 mal betrachtet
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Bug: Default button not obvious in Black Mode

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64
PL 18.40b13

When the UI is in "Black Mode", the default button for dialogs is not highlighted in an obvious manner:
default button.png
default button.png (23.42 KiB) 1499 mal betrachtet
That is to say, the "OK" button is the active one, and hitting the "Enter" key executes it.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

3D Body bounding box

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64
PL 18.40b13 x64

When a shape has the 3D Body effect applied to it, the bounding box does not resize to accommodate the full 3D Body. The bounding box remains at the same size and position of the original shape and prevents adjustment layers from being applied to the whole 3D shape.

Here's the original shape:
shape original.png
shape original.png (13.5 KiB) 1498 mal betrachtet
Here's the shape after applying the 3D Body effect:
shape 3D.png
shape 3D.png (17.39 KiB) 1498 mal betrachtet
Here's the attempt to apply a Gaussian Blur adjustment layer to the 3D shape:
shape 3D blur.png
shape 3D blur.png (38.05 KiB) 1498 mal betrachtet
Ken
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

Cannot scroll down to expanded panels

When enough panels on the right side of the screen are expanded to move features to the bottom out of view, there is no scroll bar to go to those panels off the screen. Access can only be obtained by minimizing or closing some of the viewable panels above.
PanelsforPL.jpg
PanelsforPL.jpg (55.22 KiB) 1489 mal betrachtet
Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: 3D Body layer mask doesn't work

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:Win7 x64
PL 18.40b13 x64

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature request.

If I create a layer mask for a 3D Body vector layer, and draw a black-to-white gradient on the mask, the 3D Body does not fade to transparency. I can first "Fix" the 3D Body layer and apply that mask to achieve transparency, but the quality of the 3D shading is not good -- you can see white lines between the individual vector layers that make up the shading for the sides of the 3D object.

The object on the left is the original 3D Body with a gradient layer mask applied. No transparency for the object. The object on the right was first "fixed" before applying the gradient layer mask.
Der Dateianhang 3D body mask.png existiert nicht mehr.
The same happens when you move the gradient layer mask on top of the 3d object layer, and then group them - the mask will be applied, but it results in the same issue as you encountered. Besides, there is also an issue with the 3d object's surfaces being rendered in the wrong z-order. (try the flower, for example). Please see attached file.

Btw, if the 3d object is going to be updated, could be please have an option for bevels? (preferably bevels based on other curves). Without bevels the 3d object is not very useful for more higher-end work.
Dateianhänge
3d flower.pld
(45.61 KiB) 52-mal heruntergeladen
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: if the 3d object is going to be updated, could be please have an option for bevels? (preferably bevels based on other curves).
+1

Bevels would be a very nice addition to the 3D Body.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:The same happens when you move the gradient layer mask on top of the 3d object layer, and then group them - the mask will be applied, but it results in the same issue as you encountered. Besides, there is also an issue with the 3d object's surfaces being rendered in the wrong z-order. (try the flower, for example).
You can see the same effect if you change the layer intensity – I think that what happens is that PL draws the parts of the 3d object one by one using the layer intensity so parts which are invisible at 100 % intensity shine through. (Making the line or fill colour partially transparent has the same effect.) The visible lines probably occur where two pieces overlap, resulting in a different overall transparency. Surprisingly, the lines are not visible if you just change the opacity of the fill colours.

One obvious workaround is to put the 3d body in an isolated group by itself – maybe PL should wrap 3d bodies in such a group internally – in this way, also the layer size will be correct.

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben:One obvious workaround is to put the 3d body in an isolated group by itself – maybe PL should wrap 3d bodies in such a group internally – in this way, also the layer size will be correct.
If this is what you mean:
shape 3D layers.png
shape 3D layers.png (16.32 KiB) 1474 mal betrachtet
That doesn't work, either. Although the transparency is correct, the quality of the shading suffers:
shape 3D result.png
shape 3D result.png (43.06 KiB) 1474 mal betrachtet
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:That doesn't work, either. Although the transparency is correct, the quality of the shading suffers:
You'll have to put the 3d body only in an isolated group:
3d%20flower.png
3d%20flower.png (23.21 KiB) 1469 mal betrachtet
Cheers

Burkhard.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Burkhard: It did not work for me until I activated "draw isolated" for that additional group.

Nonetheless, it is buggy behaviour.
Dateianhänge
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (30.64 KiB) 1456 mal betrachtet
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben:You'll have to put the 3d body only in an isolated group:
Aha! Now I understand -- that works. Thanks!
3D body transparent.png
3D body transparent.png (36.53 KiB) 1454 mal betrachtet
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Burkhard: It did not work for me until I activated "draw isolated" for that additional group.
That's what I meant by "isolated group" – sorry if that wasn't clear enough.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Nonetheless, it is buggy behaviour.
I agree as far as the lines are concerned – this should not happen. Btw., those lines also disappear if you set the transparency of the 3d object to a value just below 100%, but at the same time, the overall transparency changes (e.g. in "3d flower.pld").

Apart from this, the handling of transparency for 3d objects is at least consistent with PL's handling of grouped vector layers – if you fix the 3d layer, you'll get a group consisting of vector objects which behave in the same way as the 3d object. The general advice in the manual is to use "draw isolated" if you need transparency to be applied to a series of vector objects together instead of each vector layer individually.

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

3D Body and gradient fills

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64
PL 18.40b13 x64

When a group of vector objects consisting of an outline layer and a gradient fill layer are made into a 3D Body, the gradient fill layer is converted to a linear gradient, and there's no way to get it back to a radial gradient.

This shows the original vector object group on the left, and the 3D Body object on the right:
3D radial gradient.jpg
3D radial gradient.jpg (98.01 KiB) 1450 mal betrachtet
(This is somewhat complicated to explain, but I'll attach a reduced PLD file to make it easier to experiment.)

Here's the layers palette:
3D Body layers.png
3D Body layers.png (34.72 KiB) 1450 mal betrachtet
  • Create a closed vector object. (The "Original drawing" layer.)
  • Duplicate that vector layer.
  • Send that duplicated vector layer to Illustrator CS5 (as an external program) for modification. Using PDF as the image type for round-tripping, the fill and stroke are exported as separate layers.
  • Modify the stroke layer in Illustrator to create a thick-and-thin line. This comes back into PL as the "Modified drawing" group.
  • In PL, change the fill of the bottom vector graphic layer to a mirrored gradient.
  • Duplicate that "Modified drawing" group layer as "Modified drawing (1)".
  • Apply the 3D Body effect to the "Modified drawing (1)" group.
The layer containing the radial gradient fill is converted to a linear gradient fill, and there's no way to change it back to a radial gradient.

If I apply the 3D Body effect to a single vector layer having a radial gradient fill, the fill remains as a radial gradient and can be modified at will. This is the behavior I expect when there are multiple layers in the original vector group as explained above.
3D radial gradient.pld
(21.36 KiB) 50-mal heruntergeladen
Ken
Antworten