Neue Testversion 18.40b14

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.40b14

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

evren hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I just noticed we can now click and drag in one action!
Ops looks like we will need to put move lock to all layers to avoid accidental moves. When you work with hundreds of layers, you start to think in different issues :roll:

All bests
That is the exact reason why I was rejoicing: a while back I was working with files consisting of thousands of objects (game levels for a mobile game) in Photoline, and the "first select, then move" two-step process was a complete workflow killer for me. Same for web mockups, and more complex illustrations I have been working on.

I am not aware of ANY other design application (3d or 2d) that forces the user to first select, then release the mouse button, and only then can the object be moved. Very cumbersome indeed. I have gotten into discussions about this with other users who I told about Photoline, and they subsequently felt Photoline looked great, IF ONLY that weird selection/move behaviour would be changed. Of course, we are talking about (mostly) Adobe users.

The extra time gained by the new click and drag approach more than balances out the time lost caused undoing the odd accidental moves (ctrl-z). At least, I never had any problems in Adobe products in that regard - even when working with very complex projects. I never heard anyone else complain about such issues in other design applications (and I have taught thousands of students in the last 20 years). It really is a non-issue in my opinion.

Coincidentally, I tested the new behaviour with many layers in PL, and so far I have not experienced any unintentional shifts in position of objects. It works fine, and feels great. It already saves me SO MUCH time when dealing with many objects in mockups. And I work with a Wacom tablet, which generally is more sensitive to such accidental mistakes compared to a mouse.

However, I realize some users may prefer the old PL workflow, so why not include a preference option to choose the selection/drag behaviour?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

ellhel hat geschrieben:das zerschneiden klappt so. Es wäre gut, wenn nach dem zerschneiden die beiden Teile auf seperaten Vektorebenen liegen würden. Zur Zeit liegen die neuen Vektorpunkte deckungsgleich am Schnitt übereinander, was dann ein einfaches anklicken und "auseinanderschieben" erschwert.
split vector layer.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
arnold_s
Mitglied

Beitrag von arnold_s »

bkh hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I just noticed we can now click and drag in one action!
Doesn't work here (OS X 10.9.4). But something has changed:

1) if you click on an already selected layer, the layer will move with the cursor (until you click again). Previously, you could select the layer(s) below the layer in that way but now the selecteed layer will start moving unintentionally.

2) Shift-click to add a layer to the selection/remove it from a selection doesn't work any more – If you try to un-select a layer, you end up moving the layer.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Same on our Mac. I like the select in multiple groups, would also like the click & drag, means herbert123: +1, but from my p.o.v. the missing shift-click to add is a major issue.

The cutting feature works - once understood - fine. To postprocess split vector layers is convenient enough for me.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

ellhel hat geschrieben:das zerschneiden klappt so. Es wäre gut, wenn nach dem zerschneiden die beiden Teile auf seperaten Vektorebenen liegen würden. Zur Zeit liegen die neuen Vektorpunkte deckungsgleich am Schnitt übereinander, was dann ein einfaches anklicken und "auseinanderschieben" erschwert.
Fände ich auch gut – insbesondere, weil man auf diese Weise auch ein besser sichtbares Feedback bekommt. Wenn man die Teilpfade in einer Ebene haben will, dann gibt es ja auch die Möglichkeit, die Vektorebenen zu verbinden.

Im Moment ist es so, dass die Ebene, die zerschnitten werden soll, die aktive Ebene sein muss. Vom normalen (?) Arbeitsablauf her ist aber eher die Ebene aktiv, die den Schnitt angibt (weil man ja erst zeichnet und dann den Schnitt setzt). Vielleicht sollte man das tauschen? Auf die Weise könnte man auch mehrere Vektorobjekte gleichzeitig schneiden (momentan kann man dafür mehrere Schnitte gleichzeitig machen).

Nur so eine Idee: eine Funktion "mit dem Lasso schneiden" – damit wäre es noch klarer, welche Ebene zerschnitten wird. Dazu müsste aber das Lassowerkzeug auch für Vektorebenen aktiv sein.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

arnold_s hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:
Doesn't work here (OS X 10.9.4). But something has changed:

1) if you click on an already selected layer, the layer will move with the cursor (until you click again). Previously, you could select the layer(s) below the layer in that way but now the selecteed layer will start moving unintentionally.

2) Shift-click to add a layer to the selection/remove it from a selection doesn't work any more – If you try to un-select a layer, you end up moving the layer.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Same on our Mac. I like the select in multiple groups, would also like the click & drag, means herbert123: +1, but from my p.o.v. the missing shift-click to add is a major issue.
I agree, the missing shift-click to add option is problematic. But I suspect the brothers have not finished their implementation yet: it's still in beta. :-)
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

photoken hat geschrieben:
split vector layer.png
Thanks….it works…… :oops:
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Something that has been 'bugging' me for a while is that the "create curve" tool misses the "in active layer" option. This missing option makes working with vector objects and creating new curves more difficult than it needs to be.

When the user has an existing vector layer selected the curve tool will automatically start to extend the selected vector object. Sometimes this is wanted, but in other cases the user wants to create a NEW vector layer.

Could the "in active layer" option be added to the "create curve" tool, please?
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:When the user has an existing vector layer selected the curve tool will automatically start to extend the selected vector object. Sometimes this is wanted, but in other cases the user wants to create a NEW vector layer.
If you hold down the Ctrl key, the curve will be created on a new layer. You can release the Ctrl key after placing the first point of the curve.
Ken
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

There is a missing english translated text:
Text.jpg
Cheers,
Juan
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:When the user has an existing vector layer selected the curve tool will automatically start to extend the selected vector object. Sometimes this is wanted, but in other cases the user wants to create a NEW vector layer.
If you hold down the Ctrl key, the curve will be created on a new layer. You can release the Ctrl key after placing the first point of the curve.
Yes, I am aware of that option - but generally I create new shapes all the time, and it is a bit inconsistent behaviour compared to the other vector (shape) tools. To me the opposite behaviour would make more sense. Or add that button, which would make things more consistent.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Or add that button, which would make things more consistent.
I'm always in favor of consistency. Having an "In active layer" button for the Line tool and the Vector Drawing tool would mean less work merging vector layers, also.
Ken
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

There's an interesting side effect in that function of drawing into the same layer. You can draw vector shapes directly into a bitmap. It's a nice feature, but a friend of mine (newbie) has used it accidentally, making it hard to explain to him that he could change a vector shape anytime with the vector tool.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Yes, I am aware of that option - but generally I create new shapes all the time, and it is a bit inconsistent behaviour compared to the other vector (shape) tools. To me the opposite behaviour would make more sense. Or add that button, which would make things more consistent.
I'm very much in favour of this – when trying to create a new curve, I often find myself extending an existing vector object because that layer happens to be active.

However, I don't think that the proposed button is going to work. The most common mode for the curve tool is to add points to a curve (when creating a new path), so you'd have to uncheck that button after the first point in a curve. I don't see that this saves any work. As I wrote elsewhere, in order for this to work as expected, PL has to distinguish between paths that are being created and paths that are finished – a curve could be marked finished e.g. if you change tools, select a different layer, etc., but one still needs a way to mark a curve as finished manually, in order to start a new curve.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben:Doesn't work here (OS X 10.9.4). But something has changed:

Yes, it doesn't work in the beta, though it works in my internal version. I will fix that.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

ono hat geschrieben:Can we please use black tex until black mode colors drops below 128. Same as for labels?
This will be fixed in then ext version.

Martin