Neue Testversion 18.90b3

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
evren
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.90b3

Beitrag von evren »

2 bugs on guides and one on text ruler (Win7 x64)

Guides places changing
1. Enter 3 center guides with "cm" formulas "(w/2)+1" "(w/2)-1" "w/2"
2. And then change the PL's display unit to px. You can change it from any dialog and any time.
3. Re-open the file, guides calculated pixel basis and 1 cm become 1px.
To fix, set "cm" again and re-open

Guides do not allow to set size and alignement together.
* When you want enter guide value and alignement (H/V), PL automatically sorts the order. When you work with many guides it suddenly disappears down of your cursor. Solution easy, first select the alignement (horz or vert) after enter the value so guide will be created before it runs away from cursor but due to a bug it can not.
1. Open the guides list
2. Click on [+] and than try to set H/V before entering a value.
It disappears

Text ruler doesn't save settings and also can not read current state
When you disable to show the text ruler, it doesn't save settings. After re-open it comes back but the setting shows like it is disabled???

All best
Evren
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I agree with Burkhard: especially with complex documents with many layers, layer groups, sub-layer groups, and complex vector objects, layer handling can become a chore when layer groups automatically open in the layer panel.

It would be great if we could have an option in the layer tool option to turn automatic layer unfolding on and off. Sometimes it is handy to have, but at other times it takes a lot of time to collapse the layer stack - just imagine you have a vector object with hundreds of layers and subgroups (I have worked with those), and clicking on one small item opens hundreds of layers in the layer stack - often not very useful, because then you would have to scroll way up to close those groups again.

A simple automatic layer unfolding on/off switch in the layer tool options would be great.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

evren hat geschrieben:2 bugs on guides and one on text ruler (Win7 x64)
no bugs, but just wrong usage
evren hat geschrieben:1. Enter 3 center guides with "cm" formulas "(w/2)+1" "(w/2)-1" "w/2"
if you want to have "cm", just enter "cm": (w/2)+1cm will do what you want
evren hat geschrieben: 1. Open the guides list
to avoid many unused guides, PhotoLine has an auto removement function. If you create a new guide, first of all, change the position.
evren hat geschrieben: When you disable to show the text ruler, it doesn't save settings. After re-open it comes back but the setting shows like it is disabled???
That's intended to be. Normally you want to show text rulers. Much users won't remember that they have hidden the ruler - mostly not intentionally - and wouldn't get the ruler anymore.

Gerhard
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
evren hat geschrieben: 1. Open the guides list
to avoid many unused guides, PhotoLine has an auto removement function. If you create a new guide, first of all, change the position.
Still feels strange. Even if I hit "return" to confirm the position at 0 px, or if I enter "0 px" manually, the guide disappears. Otoh, I don't quite see how one could "accidentally" create many redundant guide lines – since the guide list is sorted, it's easy to spot multiple values.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben:Still feels strange. Even if I hit "return" to confirm the position at 0 px, or if I enter "0 px" manually, the guide disappears. Otoh, I don't quite see how one could "accidentally" create many redundant guide lines – since the guide list is sorted, it's easy to spot multiple values.
Users hit "+" very often because they don't recognize that there is a new guide line every time. The same problem with text layer creation.
I am support here, I know what users do.
If you really want a "useless" guide line at position "0", you have to reenter "0".

Gerhard
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Bug: 3D Body incomplete with complex vector shape

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:I've drawn three vector subpaths to create a complex vector shape on a transparent background:
vector paths.png
When I apply the 3D Body Effect, some sections of the sides are not created:
vector paths 3D.png
The 3D Body Effect has problems with self intersecting paths. Maybe we should remove the function completely, because it's not worth fixing all the inherent problems.

Martin
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

[/quote]
The 3D Body Effect has problems with self intersecting paths. Maybe we should remove the function completely, because it's not worth fixing all the inherent problems.

Martin[/quote]

That would be a pity: I use it from time to time. Perhaps just set it to "experimental"? (and only available in the beta versions) =-O
But i would understand, if that is not your philosophy... :-)
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

bkh hat geschrieben:Still feels strange. Even if I hit "return" to confirm the position at 0 px, or if I enter "0 px" manually, the guide disappears. Otoh, I don't quite see how one could "accidentally" create many redundant guide lines – since the guide list is sorted, it's easy to spot multiple values.
Users hit "+" very often because they don't recognize that there is a new guide line every time. The same problem with text layer creation.
If you really want a "useless" guide line at position "0", you have to reenter "0".

Gerhard
But what happens if the user move the origin of the ruler to inside of the document? then the 0 guide should be created.
I understand when 0 is in the document boundaries, so no need for a 0 guide.

Cheers,
Juan
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Sometimes, its hard to belive what some users do … sigh … However, I frequently use guides at 0 px if there are too many auto guides around (and it's a habit from pre-autoguide times, I guess). What about making the default text just "px", not "0 px" (or just leave the field empty)? In this way, any valid user input will stay. Anyway, I mostly create unwanted guides when I get too close to the ruler with a brush or other tool. Maybe it wold be a good idea to restrict guide creation to the layer tool.

Btw., I really like the (relatively new) feature that empty text fields automatically get deleted. Happened easily when one missed an existing text field.

Cheers

Burkhard.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Eurgail hat geschrieben:
[/quote]
That would be a pity: I use it from time to time. Perhaps just set it to "experimental"? (and only available in the beta versions) =-O
But i would understand, if that is not your philosophy... :-)[/quote]
I'm also all for keeping it. Just add a few lines to the manual explaining that it doesn't work with self-intersecting paths. Maybe you should add "but there are a few restrictions for vector layers, see below." after "This works with all kinds of layers".
After all, if self-intersecting vector paths are a problem, then it's up to the user to avoid them.

Cheers

Burkhard.
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

bkh hat geschrieben:Sometimes, its hard to belive what some users do … sigh … However, I frequently use guides at 0 px if there are too many auto guides around.......
I use it ;)
When designing catalogs sometimes I have more than 200 objects in a page. So using the "align to auto guides" is not an option for me. When I click it PL gones crazy because of following tons of objects. Thats why I have an "0" point guide for auto align to edges.
bkh hat geschrieben:The 3D Body Effect has problems with self intersecting paths. Maybe we should remove the function completely, because it's not worth fixing all the inherent problems.
Hey come on don't say it, many do love it including me. This is not just a tool to make extrude letters. You can realize many of your designs (like stand, logo, mockups etc) in "like" 3D with it. I believe that when using it's controls over keyboard shotcuts, it gains the real functionality.
Andreas87
Mitglied

Beitrag von Andreas87 »

bkh hat geschrieben:... Anyway, I mostly create unwanted guides when I get too close to the ruler with a brush or other tool. Maybe it wold be a good idea to restrict guide creation to the layer tool.
+1

I agree, I'm also struggeling with those guides I never wanted to have.
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

bkh hat geschrieben:... Anyway, I mostly create unwanted guides when I get too close to the ruler with a brush or other tool. Maybe it wold be a good idea to restrict guide creation to the layer tool.
+1

dem stimme ich zu. Passiert mir auch immer wieder mal.

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:The 3D Body Effect has problems with self intersecting paths. Maybe we should remove the function completely, because it's not worth fixing all the inherent problems.
Oh, no! It's a great feature, especially when used on text. That 3D capability is completely missing in PaintshopPro, for example.

If the right way to "fix" the 3D Body effect is to completely revisit it from the ground up (and adding enhancements like bevels), then the new 3D effect should be added to the betas. Keeping the existing 3D Body effect in the release version of the product is that important -- it's a great selling point, IMO.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

I've found that the 3D Body effect works when the complex vector shape is created using two subpaths, but not with three subpaths.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.