Neue Testversion 18.90b3

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
bkh
Betatester

Re: Bug: 3D Body incomplete with complex vector shape

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:I've found that the 3D Body effect works when the complex vector shape is created using two subpaths, but not with three subpaths.
… actually, it's quite simple to work around the problem: split the subpaths into separate layers, mark them all, re-merge using "Exclusive Or", re-apply the 3D-effect. Of course, this is so simple only if the odd-even fill mode is used. (Maybe PL could handle this case automatically in the same way?)

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:I've found that the 3D Body effect works when the complex vector shape is created using two subpaths, but not with three subpaths.
… actually, it's quite simple to work around the problem: split the subpaths into separate layers, mark them all, re-merge using "Exclusive Or", re-apply the 3D-effect.
That's what I thought at first, but if the complex vector shape is created with 3 subpaths, it doesn't work.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:
… actually, it's quite simple to work around the problem: split the subpaths into separate layers, mark them all, re-merge using "Exclusive Or", re-apply the 3D-effect.
That's what I thought at first, but if the complex vector shape is created with 3 subpaths, it doesn't work.
[/quote]
Sorry, you'll still have to invert path directions (for the two smaller subpaths, so this isn't completely automatic :( ) – yesterday, I must have played with subpath directions before I computed the exclusive or. Anyway, inverting the subpath directions, I get
vector%20paths%203D.png
Cheers

Burkhard.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben:you'll still have to invert path directions (for the two smaller subpaths, so this isn't completely automatic :( )
Actually, you have to invert the subpath direction for all three subpaths. It's a good workaround for that scenario -- thanks -- but the problem is more severe: If the complex vector shape is composed of four (or more) subpaths, that method doesn't work. :(
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

bkh hat geschrieben:you'll still have to invert path directions (for the two smaller subpaths, so this isn't completely automatic :( )
Actually, you have to invert the subpath direction for all three subpaths. It's a good workaround for that scenario -- thanks -- but the problem is more severe: If the complex vector shape is composed of four (or more) subpaths, that method doesn't work. :(
Honestly, I do not feel this is such an issue: for simple work the 3d function in Photoline is good enough (although a bevel option would be nice, and improve the overall quality ten-fold), and we can always combine multiple shapes together in several layers.

For even slightly more complicated/involved 3d items PL is not the right app to work in. You are looking at SKetchUp, Blender, and so on, for that type of job. Or online applications like:
https://tinkercad.com/
https://clara.io/

Which are very easy to get into.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.90b3

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Small bug: when the status bar is turned off, next time PL is started it is turned on again. Ideally it should remain hidden, of course, after the user hides it.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Honestly, I do not feel this is such an issue: for simple work the 3d function in Photoline is good enough...
True enough, but as long as the 3D Body Effect allows punching one or two holes in a shape, it ought to allow punching as many holes as needed.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Honestly, I do not feel this is such an issue: for simple work the 3d function in Photoline is good enough...
True enough, but as long as the 3D Body Effect allows punching one or two holes in a shape, it ought to allow punching as many holes as needed.
? I can punch as many holes as I want in a circle with other circles. It becomes problematic with overlaps only.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:? I can punch as many holes as I want in a circle with other circles. It becomes problematic with overlaps only.
It's a strange problem, all right -- it seems to work with the Circle tool (after using Burkhard's method), but not when the shapes are drawn with the Curve tool.
holes.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

OK, I've nailed down the problem:

If, and only if, the large shape is drawn with the Curves tool and the points are dragged out to form curved sides, the 3D Body effect fails.

If the large shape is drawn with the Curves tool by simply clicking to create straight sides, the 3D Body effect works as designed:
holes in straight curves.png
If the large shape is drawn with any of the vector shape tools (circle, star, rounded rectangle, etc.) the 3D Body effect also works as designed:
holes in star.png
holes in rounded rect.png
My initial test by drawing curved sides for the large shape was just plain dumb "luck". :(

Hope this info helps in debugging.

Added:
This applies only to self-contained "holes" in the large shape. If the subpaths extend beyond the edge of the large shape, the 3D Body effect does not work anywhere with more than 3 total subpaths.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Sa 25 Okt 2014 20:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:? I can punch as many holes as I want in a circle with other circles. It becomes problematic with overlaps only.
It's a strange problem, all right -- it seems to work with the Circle tool (after using Burkhard's method), but not when the shapes are drawn with the Curve tool.
holes.png
I'm still sure that this is "just" a matter of subpath directions (feel free to add the pld file for this example). Fixing subpath directions isn't always as straightforward as it seems:
  • if you change the direction of the fist subpath (the one which changes if you don't select any vector point), then that doesn't change the 3d appearance of that subpath but the appearance of all the others (seems the first subpath determines the reference direction).
  • if you select a subpath and change its direction, then that subpath is de-selected (bug?) so clicking "Change subpath direction" again doesn't undo the last change.
The only kind of shape that I can't easily fix is self-intersecting curves (an "8" shape, for example). There seems to be no easy method to split it into two subpaths at the intersection point.

Cheers

Burkhard.
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,

bei erstellen eines Buttons ist mir ein kleiner Fehler im Verlaufsdialog aufgefallen.
Ich wollte einen Verlauf als Füllung für ein abgerundetes Vektorechteck benutzen (nicht vom Screenshot täuschen lassen, der blaue Button besteht aus einem großen und einem kleinen abger. Vektorrechteck. Das weisse Vektorrechteck das ich gerade aktive im Dialog bearbeite und für den Glanzeffekt sorgt, ist nur ein paar Pixel hoch).
Kurzum: Die Anfasser sind im Verlaufsdialog nicht erreichbar, wenn der Start und Endpunkt des Verlaufs weit ausserhalb der Ebenegröße liegt.
Anfasser weg.jpg
Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
and
Mitglied

Beitrag von and »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:The 3D Body Effect has problems with self intersecting paths. Maybe we should remove the function completely, because it's not worth fixing all the inherent problems.
No, no, no, nononononononononono! Please. As photoken wrote: «It's a great feature, especially when used on text.»
Windows 10 64 Bit You better watch out, there may be dogs about.
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,

wäre es möglich, das beim "nebeneinander anordnen" von mehreren geöffneten Fenster, alle Bilder so angepaßt werden, das der komplette Inhalt dargestellt wird.
In den Screenshots sieht man oben das Ergebnis wie es PL jetzt macht, in dem unteren Screenshot sieht man wie es optimal wäre.
In den Einstellungen habe ich unter "Anzeige/Dokument" folgende Einstellungen gesetzt: Rand 20% (bei Bild und Dokument), "ganzzahlig zoomen" ist deaktiviert, "Fenstergröße beim zoomen anpassen" ist deaktiviert.
Schlecht eingepasst.jpg
Gut eingepasst.jpg
Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,

könnte man den "Ausschneiden"-Befehl ins normale Kontextmenü einbauen.
PhotoLine ist so ziemlich das einzige Windowsprogramm ohne diesen Befehl.
Normal fängt es oben an mit "Ausschneiden, Kopieren, Einfügen".
Hier mal exemplarisch das Kontextmenü von Notepad++.
Kontextmenü Notepad++.jpg
Immer wieder passiert es mir, das ich mal schnell übers Kontextmenü auschneiden möchte, und diese Option dann vergeblich suche.
Ist meiner Meinung nach absoluter Standard.

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
George Bernard Shaw