Neue Testversion 18.90b4

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Problem with Fill tool and variable line width

Beitrag von photoken »

mwenz hat geschrieben:From the dropdown for line weight in CorelDraw, for example, there is a hairline option. There is no specific thickness for a hairline and is an output device-dependent thickness...i.e., it is the thinnest possible thickness the output device can manage. That includes one's monitor.
You're right. When I used CorelDraw's hairline option here, the thickness was reported as 0.500pt.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
mwenz
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.90b4

Beitrag von mwenz »

Ken,

CD has never used 0.5 pt for a hairline. Best way to know is to publish to a PDF and use Acrobat to report what it really is.

Mike
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
photoken
Mitglied

Browse.plb created when using File...Open

Beitrag von photoken »

I just noticed that PL 18.90b4 is creating a Browse.plb file when simply using File...Open to open images. I thought that the Browse.plb file would only be created when the Image Browser was used. Is this behavior new? I don't really like it -- it's not a big deal, but I don't like seeing those PLB files in the image directory (I never use the Image Browser).
Ken
ellhel
Mitglied

Re: Browse.plb created when using File...Open

Beitrag von ellhel »

photoken hat geschrieben:I just noticed that PL 18.90b4 is creating a Browse.plb file when simply using File...Open to open images. I thought that the Browse.plb file would only be created when the Image Browser was used. Is this behavior new? I don't really like it -- it's not a big deal, but I don't like seeing those PLB files in the image directory (I never use the Image Browser).
7.10.1.33 Browse/Settings

Browse File controls whether and where a browse file will be saved. If
Don‘t save is chosen, browse files will not be saved. Therefore the next
browse will last as long as the first. Save in image folder is the default
setting. The browse file is saved in the browsed directory. Save in user
folder
means that all browse files are stored at a central location.

Regards
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Hi Helmut,
Yes, I'm aware of those settings, and I'll probably end up using the "Don't Save" option. I'm still curious why the PLB file is generated when I never use the Image Browser....
Ken
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

OK........I almost thought so. :wink:

Regards
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:Hi Helmut,
Yes, I'm aware of those settings, and I'll probably end up using the "Don't Save" option. I'm still curious why the PLB file is generated when I never use the Image Browser....
Fwiw, it seems that the OS X version doesn't create "Browse.plb" when using the "Open" dialogue.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Ist das eigentlich richtig, daß beim Speichern als .PSD keine Gruppen gespeichert werden können? Die Meldung ist, daß die Eigenschaft "Child layer" nicht gespeichert werden kann.

Wollte testen, ob Gruppen aus .PSD gelesen werden können.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:Ist das eigentlich richtig, daß beim Speichern als .PSD keine Gruppen gespeichert werden können? Die Meldung ist, daß die Eigenschaft "Child layer" nicht gespeichert werden kann.
Wollte testen, ob Gruppen aus .PSD gelesen werden können.
Lesen ja, speichern nein.

Gerhard
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Ich weiß nicht genau ob ich es schonmal erwähnt habe, aber wenn ich zwecks Bildsichtung mal kurz die F11-Taste drücke um alle Dialoge auszublenden,
und anschließend dann wieder mit F11 zum "normalen" Arbeitsbereich zurückkehre, ist das Bild immer verschoben (vorm ausblenden hatte ich Ganzbildansicht gewählt).

Wäre schön wenn das Verhalten geändert werden könnte, und zwar so das das zu bearbeitende Foto wieder optimal den Arbeitsbereich füllt.

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
George Bernard Shaw
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:Yes, I'm aware of those settings, and I'll probably end up using the "Don't Save" option. I'm still curious why the PLB file is generated when I never use the Image Browser....
The preview image of the Open dialog is generated/cached by the Browse mechanism. If you turn off the preview image, PhotoLine should no longer create a Browse.plb when using the Open dialog.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: The preview image of the Open dialog is generated/cached by the Browse mechanism. If you turn off the preview image, PhotoLine should no longer create a Browse.plb when using the Open dialog.
Thank you! The preview image is actually the same size as the "large icons" I use for the Open dialog, anyway, so I'm not losing anything by disabling the preview. Now I can use the Open dialog without creating the PLB file, and if I use the Image Browser the PLB file will be created, which is the behavior that I expected. :)

Two more questions:
  1. What is in that Browse.plb file? Only the preview images?
  2. If I choose (in the Options) to never save the PLB file, what are the consequences? A somewhat slower Image Browser?
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:[*]What is in that Browse.plb file? Only the preview images?
This and the most important meta data.
photoken hat geschrieben:[*]If I choose (in the Options) to never save the PLB file, what are the consequences? A somewhat slower Image Browser?[/list]
A very much slower image browser.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Req: Remember last used arrow dimensions

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:Each time the Line Style Editor dialog is opened to set the width and length values for an arrowhead, the values for both revert to the default "300%".
The values don't really revert but are set to the values of the active line style. And every line style has an arrow width and length whether the arrows are visible or not.
photoken hat geschrieben:I always want to use a width value of "300%" and a length value of "500%". It would be great if the last used values for the arrowhead were retained when the dialog is opened.
I will change that, so that the arrow values are only set if they are used.
Beta 18.90b5 still doesn't accomplish what I would like:
  1. Create a line with an arrowhead of width=300% and length=500%.
  2. Create a second line with no arrowhead.
If I later add an arrowhead to the second line, or create a third line with an arrowhead, the values for the arrowhead are initially width=300% and length=300%. I'd like to have the initial values of the arrowheads to be the last used values: width=300% and length=500%.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Req: Remember last used arrow dimensions

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:If a vector path has an arrowhead set; when the vector path is resized using the Layer tool, the arrowhead is not completely filled in certain circumstances:
I can't reproduce that, but I changed the orientation of the arrow so that hole should disappear.
Fixed in 18.90b5. Thanks!
Ken