Neue Testversion 18.90b7

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Req: Option to disable selected layer colour

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Perhaps we could indeed have these additional options in the User Interface preferences:
1) turn off the selection highlighting for multiple selected layers for users who prefer the traditional checkbox only.
That is all I'm asking for. Without re-visiting the argument about good UI design, an option to disable the layer selection colours will make everyone happy.

When it comes to the colours (themes) used for the GUI, there is no one solution that will make everyone happy. That is why it is not good to force a colour scheme on users who prefer a dark UI, or a bright UI. So, your suggestion of implementing personalized "themes" for the UI makes sense. Having such "themes" might also address the display problem that two users are having with menu items -- those of us without display problems can use dark menu items in the release version and those with display problems can simply use a theme without dark menu items.
Hi Ken, I very much agree with you: if we could have more user control over most of the colours of Photoline's GUI, it will become much easier to create pleasing looking combinations that would be sharable between users with themes. You would not even have to add an option to turn off the multiple layer selection highlighting: just set it to the colour of the unselected layers.

I believe it would make everyone happy. It does mean, however, that the devs have to add a dedicated GUI colours section in the preferences, and with all the different items in PL's interface, that might take some time to implement.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Req: Option to disable selected layer colour

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
I believe it would make everyone happy. It does mean, however, that the devs have to add a dedicated GUI colours section in the preferences, and with all the different items in PL's interface, that might take some time to implement.
Yes, that is why I'm requesting a simple "disable" option for the selected layer colours. Then, the more complex UI themes, etc., could be implemented at leisure....

BTW, you earlier wrote:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Vector masking is very pleasant now: the preview works great.
I don't notice any difference when using a vector object as a clipping mask.... What am I missing?
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Bug: Unable to modify rectangular lasso

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 18.90b7 x64

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open a JPG image.
  2. Use the Rectangle Lasso tool to create a lasso.
  3. Move the cursor over one of the lasso's handles.
Result:
The cursor does not change to a "modification" cursor, and the lasso's sides cannot be moved, adjusted, etc.

Expected behavior:
As in PL 18.53 x64, the sides of the rectangle lasso should be adjustable for position, etc.
Ken
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Bug: Unable to modify rectangular lasso

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:Win7 x64 SP1 PL 18.90b7 x64
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open a JPG image.
Result:
The cursor does not change to a "modification" cursor, and the lasso's sides cannot be moved, adjusted, etc.
don't get this problem here. Any "special" settings for the lasso?

Gerhard
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open a JPG image.
Result:

Gerhard
Hab ich hier auch. Die Reaktion der Handles scheint 50 Pixel nach unten und 10 Pixel nach rechts verschoben zu sein. Hat man die Stellen gefunden, dann erscheinen auch die anderen Cursor und sind auch benutzbar, aber nach der Benutzung springt der Rahmen weitere 10/50 Pixel weiter.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Neue Testversion 18.90b7

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Auf einer unsichtbaren, aber eigentlich aktiven Ebene funktionieren keine Werkzeuge. Ist das Absicht?
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open a JPG image.
Result:
Nothing "special".

Here are the program options for the cursor:
cursor options.png
and the options for the Rectangle Lasso tool:
rect lasso options.png
In any case, all those options are the same as I use with PL 18.53 x64 where the rectangular lasso can be modified as described.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Whoo! Hooo!

I just noticed that the color picker no longer uses a transparent display of the colour:
color picker.jpg
Now we can see an accurate sample of the colour! Great! Thanks! :D
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Saving unsaved image -- Fixed!

Beitrag von photoken »

The issue of closing an unsaved image and answering "Yes" to save the image:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... 493#p32702
has been fixed. I now get the "Save As" dialog to specify the file name, type and location.

Thanks, again! :D
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Save after external editing -- Fixed!

Beitrag von photoken »

The issue with exiting PL after using an external editor:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... 476#p32592
has been fixed. Now we get a prompt to save the image, and answering "Yes" automatically saves the image.

More thanks.... :D
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Should beta fixes be acknowleged in General Discussion?

Beitrag von photoken »

Several bugs that were first reported in the General Discussion forum have been fixed in the betas.

Should I acknowledge those fixes in those discussion threads? Or not say anything there about bugs that are fixed?
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Do 15 Jan 2015 09:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:Win7 x64 SP1
PL 18.90b7 x64

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open a JPG image.
Result:
Same in the OS X version (10.9.1). However, unlike Hoogo, I haven't been able to find the hot spots elsewhere.

Another (possibly related) problem: if I create a lasso for a layer whose top left corner is offset from the top left corner of the bg layer, then the lasso appears at a position different from where I drew it (probably by the same offset as the layer).

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben:However, unlike Hoogo, I haven't been able to find the hot spots elsewhere.
Same here -- no "hot spots" anywhere. :(
Ken
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,

bei mir ist der Colorpicker noch "transparent".
Colorpicker.jpg
Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

photoken hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:However, unlike Hoogo, I haven't been able to find the hot spots elsewhere.
Same here -- no "hot spots" anywhere. :(
My picture was small, 1000*600, viewed at 100%. With a deeper zoom the problem was gone.
3000*1800, viewed at 24%, had hotspots, but they were even more far away.
----------------