Neue Testversion 19.40b9

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Ashcraaft
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b9

Beitrag von Ashcraaft »

Gradationskurve ist abgeschnitten, der Dialogausschnitt nicht skalierbar
pl-01.jpg
pl-02.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Bitte besuche & teile PhotoLine auf folgenden Seiten:
PhotoLine bei Facebook | YouTube

Danke, Sascha Ballweg
(Photoline-Nutzung: Mac OS-X & Windows 10)
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Yes, already reported on the first page of this thread.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:The Stamp tool is broken: the transparency of stamps no longer functions properly.
I will fix that.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:My suggestion would be to integrate the stamp tool in the brush (painting) tool at this point. It would reduce the number of tools in the tools panel,
The stamp tool is quite different to the "normal" painting tools.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:and allow us to use stamps more effectively (including blend modus, path painting with stamps, and so forth).
Using a blend mode with the stamp tool is problematic. In order to work correctly with a blend mode and transparency, a tool must not be applied twice at the same location. Instead the tool has to use the original data and apply the accumulated effect of the two painting operations. That's not possible with the stamp tool, because the stamp tool doesn't draw continous data like colors but shapes.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And the default brush editor panels can then be used with painting with stamps as well.
You can use the brush editor by using the Properties (is it named this way in English?) button in the tool settings.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Eurgail hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:My suggestion would be to integrate the stamp tool in the brush (painting) tool at this point.
+1. And the Airbrush tool, too?
And the coal and the chalk. But this would mean, that we needed an additional flow slider and a airbrush button (for the airbrush tool) and at least one noise slider (for coal and chalk). This would make the Tool Settings significantly larger.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

photoken hat geschrieben:Rather than do that, I suggest adding another tab to the Color Picker dialog -- a "File" tab. The non-transparent areas of the image file would be used as the content of the various painting tools.
I don't fully understand the purpose of that "File" tab in the Color Picker settings. Is this different to copying (merged) the image and pasting it as foreground color?

Martin
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:And the coal and the chalk. But this would mean, that we needed an additional flow slider and a airbrush button (for the airbrush tool) and at least one noise slider (for coal and chalk). This would make the Tool Settings significantly larger.

Martin
Sorry, I missunderstood Herbert123: I don't support to integrate these tools in the brush painting tool. I thougt of putting them in list of brush painting coal and chalk tool. Just that the buttons are a step deeper. That's all.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Eurgail hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:My suggestion would be to integrate the stamp tool in the brush (painting) tool at this point.
+1. And the Airbrush tool, too?
And the coal and the chalk. But this would mean, that we needed an additional flow slider and a airbrush button (for the airbrush tool) and at least one noise slider (for coal and chalk). This would make the Tool Settings significantly larger.

Martin
My main concerns are:

1) currently the stamp tool cannot be controlled with the Brush Editor panel. We are now forced to click on the "Properties" button, and a modal dialog pops up. Instead, users would expect (myself included) that the brush editor panel is equally functional with the stamp tool.

2) the stamp tool lives inside its "own little world": useful tools like path painting do not work with the stamp tool.

3) there is no way to use fully coloured brushes with the other painting tools. It would be great when those stamps would just become part of the Brushes.

4) certain settings like inside radius, the curves to control the overall (masked) shape, color, etc. will not work with stamps. And inside radius would actually be very handy: just imagine having a coloured animated texture you would like to draw with, while having a smooth radius.

If the stamps are integrated in the brushes lists/panels, we would no longer need those settings available in the tool settings, and dragging a stamp pl file into the brushes makes it available to all painting tools.

Like this:
Untitled.png
That would hit the two proverbial birds with one stone:
- no special stamp tool is required anymore, and the GUI for both the stamp functionality AND the general usage is simplified;
- it is completely integrated with the other tools, and stamps can be used as brushes, while also including all the brush options and tools such as path painting.

And it would open up entire new possibilities for future features for the painting tools. Currently stamps can have "animated" brushes (which would also become available to regular brushes!). Just imagine having extended options such as:
- special start and end images for brushes.
- natural paint effects simulated
- support for true vector brushes: render the vector content of (full vector based) stamps as true vector. We could draw with vector brushes then
- stretchy natural looking vector brushes similar to the ones in Illustrator and other vector drawing applications (in Illustrator such a brush merely consists of an ordered parts file - that would become possible for Photoline as well).

Anyway, I hope I explained the advantages of integrating the stamps into the regular brushes list. It would be a most excellent addition, and bring the painting capabilities up to a whole new level - while simplifying the GUI! :D
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Small bug Mosaic filter:

When 4 corners are used, and a cell border setting of zero (0), those borders are removed. Handy for a pixelization effect.

However, changing to 3, 6, or 8 corners always results in visible borders, even when the border setting is set to zero!

The expected result would be no borders between cells when the border setting is zero.

And even when 4 borders are used, and a bit of variation is introduced, the borders are re-introduced in the final result.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben:Rather than do that, I suggest adding another tab to the Color Picker dialog -- a "File" tab. The non-transparent areas of the image file would be used as the content of the various painting tools.
I don't fully understand the purpose of that "File" tab in the Color Picker settings. Is this different to copying (merged) the image and pasting it as foreground color?
Yes, the main difference would be that the image content would not be repeated as a pattern. It would just paint the single image content.

This would be most obvious when using Path Painting -- when the brush step distance is increased so that individual brush shapes are drawn, the same part of the content would be drawn along the path.

Ideally, if the file is a PLD file (which saves the location of the center point), the center point defined for the image would be the center point of the tool that's used for painting. This would be especially advantageous when using the Airbrush.

In other words, we would have some control over which part of the content is used for painting.

If I correctly understand 123's comments, this would also accommodate the effects he's looking for without having to replace/modify/move the Stamp tool.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Instead of a "file button" in the colour picker, why not just integrate the stamps in the brushes? It would be so much more of an elegant and simpler solution. (Well, simpler for the users, probably not for the brothers to implement ;-)

Well, thinking about it I feel your intention is slightly different from mine.

Btw, I would love to be able to drag a layer or multiple selected layers into the brushes list panel.
photoken hat geschrieben:
Yes, the main difference would be that the image content would not be repeated as a pattern. It would just paint the single image content.

This would be most obvious when using Path Painting -- when the brush step distance is increased so that individual brush shapes are drawn, the same part of the content would be drawn along the path.

Ideally, if the file is a PLD file (which saves the location of the center point), the center point defined for the image would be the center point of the tool that's used for painting. This would be especially advantageous when using the Airbrush.

In other words, we would have some control over which part of the content is used for painting.

If I correctly understand 123's comments, this would also accommodate the effects he's looking for without having to replace/modify/move the Stamp tool.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Instead of a "file button" in the colour picker, why not just integrate the stamps in the brushes?
Because, as Martin explained, there are deep and significant differences between the Stamp and Brushes.

These differences also are in the concepts of the tools. I monitor the PaintShopPro user forum, and it seems to me that a large number of its users do digital scrapbooking. For uses like that, it's important to maintain a Stamp tool with the ability to use "Image Tubes", or "Image Hoses" from other applications.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Instead of a "file button" in the colour picker, why not just integrate the stamps in the brushes?
Because, as Martin explained, there are deep and significant differences between the Stamp and Brushes.

These differences also are in the concepts of the tools. I monitor the PaintShopPro user forum, and it seems to me that a large number of its users do digital scrapbooking. For uses like that, it's important to maintain a Stamp tool with the ability to use "Image Tubes", or "Image Hoses" from other applications.
I understand it is mainly a semantic difference, true, and how it is implemented. I also still think introducing the coloured stamps as brushes in the brushes list(s) and integrating the identical functionality in the brush tool would be an excellent idea - the current file button approach plus textual drop-down list in the stamp tool is very antiquated and awkward in both usage and look. And, of course, the Brush Editor will not work with the stamp tool either (again, it seems the stamp tool lives inside its own little box).

Gimp, for example, also integrated coloured brushes ("stamps") in its regular brushes list. It makes much more sense to do so. At the same time, feel free to keep the stamp tool around for legacy and semantic purposes - I just do not see the point in keeping two tools around, when one integrated tool can take care of the same tasks in a more elegant and efficient manner.
photoken
Mitglied

Req: Comment field in layer attributes

Beitrag von photoken »

I'd like to see an additional field in the Layer Attributes: a "Comment" field.

For images, as an example, multiple product photographs can have the same name -- "Sparkplug 1033", and the comments can include info such as "English packaging" or "German packaging", etc.

For text, the Comments field could hold info such as "Section heading", "Paragraph heading", etc.

Searching on the Comments field would make it easy to modify all "Paragraph headings" to a new point size, and so on....
Ken
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Ich hab da ein Problemchen, dass ich unerwartet nur destruktiv lösen konnte:
Ich habe eine gekapselte Gruppe, darin eine Pixelebene und eine Arbeitsebene mit Weichzeichner. Die Gruppe will ich auf 25% skalieren.
Ich hätte erwartet, dass in dieser Konstellation entweder die ganze Gruppe bei 100% berechnet und dann skaliert wird, oder dass beim Skalieren der Radius angepasst wird. Tatsächlich bleibt aber der Radius des Filters unverändert.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Hoogo hat geschrieben:Ich hab da ein Problemchen, dass ich unerwartet nur destruktiv lösen konnte:
Ich habe eine gekapselte Gruppe, darin eine Pixelebene und eine Arbeitsebene mit Weichzeichner. Die Gruppe will ich auf 25% skalieren.
Ich hätte erwartet, dass in dieser Konstellation entweder die ganze Gruppe bei 100% berechnet und dann skaliert wird, oder dass beim Skalieren der Radius angepasst wird. Tatsächlich bleibt aber der Radius des Filters unverändert.
Ja, Arbeitsebenen arbeiten immer auf Dokumentpixel. Das ist prinzipbedingt so. Deswegen träume ich ja schon länger von Arbeiten als Ebeneneffekt. Dann würde der Radius mitskaliert.

Martin