Version 21

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Version 21

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

Hello, and thank you for the many improvements in version 21. Am updating the tutorial. One small detail in the English version: on the curves dialog, the Tools menu is labeled Aktion.
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Re: Version 21

Some issues with the Lens Correction filter:

The new filter is a real improvement. Unfortunately, the labels for Horizontal and Vertical are reversed.

Also, in the preview, the one labeled Horizontal is only applied on one side; it is applied properly to the actual image.

When applied as a dynamic filter to a raw placeholder image, the Perspective adjustments do not appear to be applied. Vignette and Chromatic are applied as expected. The only way to apply Perspective adjustments is to create a new stamped layer.

p.s. Separate horizontal and vertical scale sliders would come in handy.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

I've tried all day today to get a new registration number for v21, but...still waiting! :x At this point, I'd just like to get a refund. Does anyone know of some magical pixie dust that will cause communication to flow between myself and the brothers?

Thanks!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

russellcottrell hat geschrieben: One small detail in the English version: on the curves dialog, the Tools menu is labeled Aktion.
We will fix that.
russellcottrell hat geschrieben: So 15 Jul 2018 09:07 Some issues with the Lens Correction filter:

The new filter is a real improvement. Unfortunately, the labels for Horizontal and Vertical are reversed.
Yes, on Windows they are reversed. We will fix that.
russellcottrell hat geschrieben: So 15 Jul 2018 09:07Also, in the preview, the one labeled Horizontal is only applied on one side; it is applied properly to the actual image.
That got me, too: the preview is scrollable, so the result is only partly visible. But this fact is obviously easy missable, so we will change that.
russellcottrell hat geschrieben: So 15 Jul 2018 09:07When applied as a dynamic filter to a raw placeholder image, the Perspective adjustments do not appear to be applied. Vignette and Chromatic are applied as expected. The only way to apply Perspective adjustments is to create a new stamped layer.
Yes, if applied to a placeholder layer und if full preview is activated, perspective correction using Lens Correction doesn't work properly. We will fix that.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Di 17 Jul 2018 21:55 I've tried all day today to get a new registration number for v21, but...still waiting!
The first 10 answers from our side were rejected by your mail server.

Due to the time difference between America and Europe, your other e-mails were received after working hours, so you should have received the answers this morning (European time).

Martin
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 18 Jul 2018 17:13 The first 10 answers from our side were rejected by your mail server.

Due to the time difference between America and Europe, your other e-mails were received after working hours, so you should have received the answers this morning (European time).

Martin
Thank you, Martin. I finally got it sorted out through my gMail account. I'm confused as to why my ISP's e-mail server is rejecting messages from both of you because I've not had any issues with receiving upgrade messages in the past. Something must have changed! Bottom line...I just should have remained calm and made contact through these forums. Sorry, I'm not exactly the most patient person in the world. ;)
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

OK, now that I have my v21 registration issue sorted out I have question:

In the v21 manual, it references a "Lensfun subdialog" perhaps within Filter>Digital Camera>Lens Correction. I don't see any such subdialog in there and I've looked through all the menu items and still don't find any reference to Lensfun. Can someone point me in the right direction? It would be very useful to see this info. In case it matters, I've opened a raw file.

Thanks!
chrischa
Mitglied

Beitrag von chrischa »

The LensFun library isn't shipped with the windows-version. You have to download it from http://www.pl32.de/plbin/lensfun.zip - or directly from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lensfun/files/ (newer version.)

Just copy the LensFun-directory into the defaults-directory of your PhotoLine-installation and start PhotoLine again.

(Gerhard told us this in a german thread.)
Photoline 23 unter Windows 10/64 Bit
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Um, still not working...

I downloaded and copied the "lensfun-0.3.95" folder into C:/Program Files/PhotoLine, but still don't see any lensfun subdialog. Should I see this in the Lens Correction menu item?

Thanks!
russellcottrell
Mitglied

The SourceForge version is source code. Copy the folder lensfun-0.3.95/data/db to the installation Defaults folder and rename it lensfun.

It doesn't automatically find my Canon G11 camera and lens for some reason; I have to enter them manually. The aperture and focal length are in the document EXIF data. You just have to know the crop factor (4.6); entering it doesn't change anything. (Entering a wrong value such as 1 does.) It corrects lens distortion but not chromatic aberration.

It finds the Nikons o.k.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Thanks, Russell, that worked!

OK, next question... Why is the preview box inside the Lens Correction dialog black? Well, so dark gray that you really can't see your image in there.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Never mind...duh...I always trip myself up when opening raw files. Gotta create a merged layer or something before going into a filter dialog. :roll: Repeat as in a mantra! :lol:
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Do 19 Jul 2018 20:49OK, next question... Why is the preview box inside the Lens Correction dialog black? Well, so dark gray that you really can't see your image in there.
Lens correction (especially devignetting) has to be applied to the unmodified raw data (in the linear camera color space). Therefore the preview is quite dark.

Martin
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Ok, thanks, Martin. Just so I'm clear and doing this properly... Immediately after opening a raw file, I, then, apply Lens Correction? I don't have to select any particular layer?
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Fr 20 Jul 2018 16:56 Ok, thanks, Martin. Just so I'm clear and doing this properly... Immediately after opening a raw file, I, then, apply Lens Correction? I don't have to select any particular layer?
Make sure to select the RAW data layer, then apply lens correction.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait