Neue Testversion 21.40b6

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 21.40b6

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 21.40b6.

Windows:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2140b6.zip

Mac OS:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2140b6.zip

Neues:
  • Scripting: Aktionen nun mit "ShowDialog"
  • PNGExport: Mit Schalter "Größenoptimiert speichern"
  • Scripting: Copy/Paste-Unterstützung
  • Initialisierung, Windows: Es wird jetzt ein Registryeintrag in Applications angelegt
  • Windows: PhotoLine trägt sich bei den bekannten Dateiformaten in die OpenWith-Liste ein
  • Virtuelle Kopien, Pfadeffekte: Virtuelle Kopien können nun Pfadeffekte haben (wichtig für virtuelle Kopien in Platzhaltern, auf die eine Umrissverzerrung angewandt wurde)
  • Farblisten aus QuarkXPress können gelesen werden
  • Scripting, Input: Unter Windows nun mit IApplication.InputBox, unter macOS mit "input box"
  • PDF-Export: Virtuelle Kopien mit Arbeitsebenen/Bildbeschnitt wurden nicht richtig exportiert
  • Füllfunktion kann jetzt optional eine Vektorfüllung erzeugen
  • diverse kleinere Fehlerbehebungen und Verbesserungen
New:
  • Scripting: Actions now with "ShowDialog"
  • PNG export: With "Save Size-Optimised" switch
  • Scripting: Copy/Paste support
  • Initialization, Windows: A registry entry is now created in Applications
  • Windows: PhotoLine adds itself to the OpenWith list with the known file formats
  • Virtual copies, path effects: Virtual copies can now have path effects (important for virtual copies in placeholders that have an outline distortion applied to them)
  • Color lists from QuarkXPress can be read
  • Scripting, Input: Under Windows now with IApplication.InputBox, under macOS with "input box
  • PDF export: Virtual copies with adjustment layers/clipping were not exported correctly
  • Flood Fill tool: can now optionally create a vector fill
  • various minor bug fixes and improvements
russellcottrell
Mitglied
Re: Neue Testversion 21.40b6

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

Thank you for the input box! Is there a way to make it expand to fit the description string?

Copy and paste seem to work, but there are a few things I do not understand. When pasting after a layer, I would expect to use doc.Paste(layer), but it doesn't work. Also the reference to the pasted layer does not seem to work.

Code: Alles auswählen

var pl = new ActiveXObject("PhotoLine.Application");
var doc = pl.ActiveDocument;
var bg = doc.RootLayer.First;
bg.Copy();
//var c = doc.Paste(bg); // nope
//var c = Paste(bg); // nope
var c = bg.Paste(bg); // ok, but it seems odd
//c.Name = "Background copy"; // Object doesn't support this property or method.
bg.Next.Name = "Background copy"; // ok
Also note that the working directory,
fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".") , or objShell.CurrentDirectory ,
has changed; it is now the script folder, not the PhotoLine folder, which I guess is now
fso.GetParentFolderName(fso.GetParentFolderName(fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".")))
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

russellcottrell hat geschrieben: Di 04 Dez 2018 22:39 Thank you for the input box! Is there a way to make it expand to fit the description string?
I will check that.
russellcottrell hat geschrieben: Di 04 Dez 2018 22:39Copy and paste seem to work, but there are a few things I do not understand. When pasting after a layer, I would expect to use doc.Paste(layer), but it doesn't work.
doc.Paste doesn't take any parameters. It will always insert after the active layer.
If you want to insert at a given location, you will have to you use Layer.Paste (analogous to Layer.Insert).
russellcottrell hat geschrieben: Di 04 Dez 2018 22:39Also the reference to the pasted layer does not seem to work.
Paste returns an array of the pasted layers. The following VBScript pastes the layers in the clipboard and renames the pasted layers afterwards.

Code: Alles auswählen

Dim pl
Dim doc

Set pl = CreateObject("PhotoLine.Application")
Set doc = pl.ActiveDocument

pl.Visible = True

If Not doc Is Nothing Then
	Dim layer

Set layer = doc.ActiveLayer
	If Not layer Is Nothing Then
		Dim	pastedLayers
		Dim	index

'Set pastedLayers = doc.Paste
		Set pastedLayers = layer.Parent.Paste ' You can optionally add a position like (layer) or (0)
		index = 0
		For Each layer In pastedLayers
			layer.Name = "Pasted " & index
			index = index + 1
		Next
	End If
End If
russellcottrell hat geschrieben: Di 04 Dez 2018 22:39Also note that the working directory,
fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".") , or objShell.CurrentDirectory ,
has changed; it is now the script folder, not the PhotoLine folder, which I guess is now
fso.GetParentFolderName(fso.GetParentFolderName(fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".")))
Yes, this has been changed to allow easier access to auxiliary files. Depending on the file functions it can now be sufficient to just use relative paths (something like "open("mydata.txt")").
In the past the current directory was mostly undefined. That in combination with the various possible locations of a script (in "PhotoLine\Defaults\Automation" or in "%appdata\PhotoLine\Automation" or in a "PhotoLineSettings\Automation") made it difficult to access files in a stable way.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 04 Dez 2018 16:17 New:
  • Scripting: Actions now with "ShowDialog"
  • PNG export: With "Save Size-Optimised" switch
  • Scripting: Copy/Paste support
  • Initialization, Windows: A registry entry is now created in Applications
  • Windows: PhotoLine adds itself to the OpenWith list with the known file formats
  • Virtual copies, path effects: Virtual copies can now have path effects (important for virtual copies in placeholders that have an outline distortion applied to them)
  • Color lists from QuarkXPress can be read
  • Scripting, Input: Under Windows now with IApplication.InputBox, under macOS with "input box
  • PDF export: Virtual copies with adjustment layers/clipping were not exported correctly
  • Flood Fill tool: can now optionally create a vector fill
  • various minor bug fixes and improvements
Thank you so much for the PNG export switch: I no longer need to convert low-colour PNG files manually for use in InDesign or OpenToonz anymore. They just work now! *sigh of relief* This alone all by itself will save me a LOT of time fiddling around.

The new vector flood fill is a brilliant small addition, but super useful. I wonder why no-one came up with that idea earlier. It simplifies so many tasks!

Note to self: must try out that dialog option in scripting. Is it possible yet to have simple GUI controls (sliders, dropdowns, etc.)?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

The new flood vector fill option is great. Now that I am testing it out, I'd like to propose a few improvements:

Please check this image for reference (unable to link it here, see below comment):
http://www.upl.co/uploads/flood1544052974.png

1) with more complex shapes the number of generated control points obscure the result. It would be nice to have an option to temporarily turn off the display of vector points while working on fills.
2) PhotoLine's flood fill tool doesn't identify gaps. An Auto-Gap option to define a gap setting to prevent overfill would be great and dramatically speed up this type of work. Other software allows for this, and it truly makes a night and day difference in workflow. Refer to red arrow: the hairline of the second guy has gaps, and trying to flood fill the face area will result in flooding the hair and background areas.

PS Why am I not allowed to link to external images with a height over 480px? It doesn't affect this forums bandwidth usage...
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

Martin,

I attempted to test your "paste" vbs.

"Set pastedLayers = layer.Parent.Paste" throws a VBScript error that the object does not support .Parent.Paste

I just copied your script and used it within 21.40b6.
Open an image, copy one layer to the clipboard and launch the script.

Could you please check what is wrong.

Philippe
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

It needs to copy something first:

Set layer = doc.ActiveLayer
layer.Copy
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Do 06 Dez 2018 01:19Note to self: must try out that dialog option in scripting. Is it possible yet to have simple GUI controls (sliders, dropdowns, etc.)?
PhotoLine just offers a simple input box for a single text value. The "ShowDialog" option mentioned in the initial post refers to the playback of actions via script. This now optionally allows to show the dialogs of the single action steps.

Martin
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

Russell

layer.Copy
Throws the same error : the object does not support Copy method
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

PhilM hat geschrieben: Do 06 Dez 2018 16:54I attempted to test your "paste" vbs.

"Set pastedLayers = layer.Parent.Paste" throws a VBScript error that the object does not support .Parent.Paste

I just copied your script and used it within 21.40b6.
This indicates that an older version of PhotoLine is used for scripting. Are you using the 64 bit version of PhotoLine on a 64 bit OS?

Scripting is controlled by registry entries which are written on installation.
You can rewrite them by either reinstalling PhotoLine or by starting it from command line with "PhotoLine /RegisterPerUser".

Martin
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

Martin,

I am on Win10/64
Photoline 21.01 was previously installed on my machine.
I have added Photoline 21.40B6 in a different folder.

What should I do ?
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

PhilM hat geschrieben: Fr 07 Dez 2018 16:33I am on Win10/64
Photoline 21.01 was previously installed on my machine.
I have added Photoline 21.40B6 in a different folder.
Installing 21.40B6 should write the correct registry entries (and it does so here, I just tried it), so you could try reinstalling it.
Or you could start the command line, set the path to the directory of PhotoLine 21.40b6 and execute

PhotoLine /RegisterPerUser

If you are familiar with regedit, you can search for the key "{778B9D87-C8BB-475B-B0D6-53C2650DF6A3}". This is the id of "PhotoLine.Application". This key should contain an "LocalServer32" key that references 21.40b6.

Martin
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

Thank you Martin

I inspected the registry entry and it was pointing to the standard 21.01 version.
Then I uninstalled V21.40b6
As soon as I installed again V21.40b6, the registry was updated OK.

Why did that happen ? Could it be because the V21.40b6 folder name had a "space" character in its name (bad practice) ?

Anyhow, it is fixed and the copy/past script now works

Thanks again and best regards

Philippe
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

PhilM hat geschrieben: Fr 07 Dez 2018 18:13Why did that happen ? Could it be because the V21.40b6 folder name had a "space" character in its name (bad practice) ?
I have no idea. The default directory for application on an English Windows is called "Program Files", so spaces shouldn't be a problem these days.

Martin
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

Error message box is sometime too small to read the entire message

Philippe
Dateianhänge
2018-12-09 11_34_05-PhotoLine 21.40B6 (64) - [_A210270.JPG_ (_A210270, RGB Image, 4608x3456, 26%) ].jpg
2018-12-09 11_34_05-PhotoLine 21.40B6 (64) - [_A210270.JPG_ (_A210270, RGB Image, 4608x3456, 26%) ].jpg (11.52 KiB) 4458 mal betrachtet
Antworten