Layers and Unshap mask

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Layers and Unshap mask

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I have an image with several layers. I use 'Unsharp' to sharpen the top layer. The second layer from the top has a Gaussian Blur applied. Then I use Flatten Image and the top layer looses its sharpness. Note that some layers are of different sizes. I want that blur to remain but retain the sharpness of the top layer!
What is PL doing in regards to the sharpness of each layer when the file is flattened?

The below is a quick example. I blurred the lower layer and use Unsharp on the top layer. When I flattened the image the top layer lost it's sharpness.
DS2_8285mod01.jpg

bruce
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Re: Layers and Unshap mask

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

I get this behavior when the position of the upper layer is not integers; there must be some interpolation going on to fit the layer onto the pixel grid. Change the position of the upper layer to integer values and see what happens.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I had another play with the image. If I rotate any layer then flatten the layers the sharpness of the top layer is affected. More obvious if I rotate the top layer.

bruce
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Sa 13 Apr 2019 10:14 I had another play with the image. If I rotate any layer then flatten the layers the sharpness of the top layer is affected. More obvious if I rotate the top layer.
I can't reproduce that. Can you send us a small sample PLD (before flattening)?

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Martin.
I've emailed a simple two layer PL file. When I use Full View you can see the sharpness change when the file is Flattened. It's less noticable at 100%.

bruce
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Sorry but I can't seem to find away to email a PL file. If I add an attachment I get a file to large error. If I reduce the file size small enough to attach it then the sharpness issue disappears.!

Keep in mind my files are over 300meg at 300ppi. If I reduce the ppi then again the issue is not apparent. I can't see a way of adding an attachment to your emails.

bruce
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Di 16 Apr 2019 02:37 Sorry but I can't seem to find away to email a PL file. If I add an attachment I get a file to large error. If I reduce the file size small enough to attach it then the sharpness issue disappears.!

Keep in mind my files are over 300meg at 300ppi. If I reduce the ppi then again the issue is not apparent. I can't see a way of adding an attachment to your emails.

bruce
When I have to send them a large file I use google drive or onedrive or any other file sharing service.

Cheers,
Juan
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Di 16 Apr 2019 02:23...When I use Full View you can see the sharpness change.... It's less noticable at 100%.
Only a scale factor of 100% shows the "real" result.
Filters like sharpen and soften look at neighboring pixels, and when they are applied to an already scaled picture, the results are somewhat different.

Maybe this is the cause?
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!