Multiview GUI Improvements Proposal

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Multiview GUI Improvements Proposal

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Here is a mockup of how PhotoLine could be made to look more consistent and attractive in multi view mode, and more importantly, how the multiple documents view(s) can be improved in regards to usability.

Unfortunately I cannot link to this file externally, because there is a limit of 480px, or upload it here (exceeds limits).

Here is the link to the PNG file: https://store5.gofile.io/download/db426 ... mockup.png

Comments are welcome.

Notes:
- multiple views of opened documents are dockable, and use the same GUI elements as the panels in PhotoLine. The overall look and feel becomes much more consistent, in particular for Windows.
- scrollbars are only shown when the content does not fit the view.
- edge between views can be dragged to adjust the size for both view.
- grabbing a cross point between four views adjusts the size of all four views. (with six or more views a cross point will only affect the four part of this cross point)
- views do not have to share the same column/row height. If no shared cross point exists, this option is unavailable.
- edges of views can be snapped to other views. For example, in the example mockup: if the horizontal edge between the left two views is dragged down, it will snap to the right column's horizontal divider edge. When snapped, the user may grab the cross point between all four views once again.
- documents can be tabbed just like the panels in PhotoLine. Multiple views and grouped document tabs can be freely combined.
- each view can have its own view settings.
- STATE SAVING! PhotoLine's state can be saved: for example, all the open views and documents can be saved in a state, so that the user can continue where (s)he left off next time without the need for re-opening and re-ordering all the views and documents.
- double-clicking a document tab in the multi-view maximizes the view for that document. Double-clicking it again restores the multi-view setup. This would drastically improve the efficiency when working with multiple documents and views.
- (optional) when dragging a window, a visible marker previews where the view will be dropped.

*updated image mockup link 09/06/22
Zuletzt geändert von Herbert123 am Fr 10 Jun 2022 02:06, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Ashcraaft
Mitglied

Re: Multiview GUI Improvements Proposal

Beitrag von Ashcraaft »

Cool. Well done!
Bitte besuche & teile PhotoLine auf folgenden Seiten:
PhotoLine bei Facebook | YouTube

Danke, Sascha Ballweg
(Photoline-Nutzung: Mac OS-X & Windows 10)
Ralf
Mitglied

Beitrag von Ralf »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Sa 20 Apr 2019 05:41 Here is a mockup of how PhotoLine could be made to look more consistent and attractive in multi view mode, and more importantly, how the multiple documents view(s) can be improved in regards to usability. …
I agree. That would be fine for me, too.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

At least menu item "Arrange"
Bild

and right click on document tab menu:
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Ok, so i take a look in PhotoLine and see that basic functions are already there. It can Tile windows as well as group windows to native Mac OS tabs. There is also move/zoom synchonously option that works better than in Photoshop, because it move/zoom synchonously in background even if images are grouped into tabs. Photoshop only can move (not zoom) synchonously and only tiled windows (not tabbed). So i can only wish again better UI for existing stuff instead of wasting time for extra advanced options and new tools.
Bild
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 25 Dez 2019 06:31 Ok, so i take a look in PhotoLine and see that basic functions are already there. It can Tile windows as well as group windows to native Mac OS tabs. There is also move/zoom synchonously option that works better than in Photoshop, because it move/zoom synchonously in background even if images are grouped into tabs. Photoshop only can move (not zoom) synchonously and only tiled windows (not tabbed). So i can only wish again better UI for existing stuff instead of wasting time for extra advanced options and new tools.
I just wish the multi-view window mode would look more attractive, but more importantly that windows could be docked as I proposed in my mockup. And just allow for the scrollbars to be hidden with a preference option. I never use those, and they're so distracting and clunky looking in the Windows version.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

How did you open the move/zoom sync option? Is it only available in tabbed view?
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Mi 25 Dez 2019 12:20 How did you open the move/zoom sync option? Is it only available in tabbed view?
Just select Hand Tool and move/zoom sync option will appear in Tool Settings
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

Thank you very much, now I got it. Didn't know where to select the hand, always pressed the space bar. This is an excellent function!
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]