Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 23 Okt 2019 10:34
Ich sehe das so, dass es durchaus ein Problem ist, die Bedienung zu verstehen. Wenn man es aber geschafft hat, kann man durchaus ansehnliche Animationen schnell und einfach erstellen.
I investigated PhotoLine's Dynamic Animation a bit deeper. To my surprise I find it quite powerful, even if the GUI needs a lot of love. I was not aware of subanimations, which is actually a powerful animation option only found in more accomplished animation software. And even time curves are supported!
So, I had to swallow some of my earlier statements. I apologize: the core functionality is actually quite good.
Having said all this, Some of the icons are hard to understand. The "new Animation" icon makes no sense at all (info icon).
Many of the GUI issues are related to discoverability. For example, although I had tried to work with this timeline before, the keyframes function I never understood, because the keyframe indicators (1) only display when a track is selected, and (B) they are so tiny and hollow that I never noticed them before: they were invisible to my eyes. The subanimations are hidden beneath a right-mouse click of a track. The animation controls are almost non-existent: only a play button located in the far bottom left.
Playing a track in the main view is supported, but the timeline scrubber is SOOO tiny that I did not notice it before until today, and I had the hardest time trying to click and drag it with the mouse. All the controls are so small that working with them on a modern screen becomes an exercise in patience.
As I see it, three important changes would push the Dynamic Animation function into the realms of greatness:
1) remove the tiny preview, and use the main view to play the full animation (this already works for each independent track).
2) add a main timeline scrubber to play all animations simultaneously in the main view. The view and the main timeline scrubber should be synchronized, just like in every other animation capable software. No more small preview playing, please.
3) expose the keyframe functionality by introducing nice keyframe indicators which can be dragged, copied, and deleted in the tracks. Expose these keyframes for all tracks, not just the one selected.
If these are implemented, and the GUI is polished a bit (as well as the terms used changed to the proper English animation terminology), you have a really good timeline for general animation in PhotoLine, and definitely a new important feature that which will attract new users.
All the core functionality is already present. It just needs to be polished and implemented a bit better to improve the user experience.
I prepared a mockup of an improved new polished timeline with notes:
http://www.wizzydev.com/pl/animation_ti ... mments.png
http://www.wizzydev.com/pl/animation_ti ... mments.png
Note: the icons are a work in progress. I haven't created a new icon for the track spreadsheet yet.
What do you guys think? Would this be a lot of work?