Large List of Bugfixes 2019-2023 (aka Legacy Large List of Suggestions and Requests for Photoline UI and Tools)

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Large List of Suggestions and Requests for Photoline UI and Tools

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

shijan hat geschrieben: Fr 27 Dez 2019 16:47
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 27 Dez 2019 09:24
shijan hat geschrieben: Fr 27 Dez 2019 04:13 One more request: Remember view settings for Color Editor window. Currently when i click to color and open Color Editor window, it always opened in RGB mode. Even if i switch it earlier to HSV or any other different mode.
it opens in the color mode of the color you used to open it.
Seems it is a bug in 21.5 release version only. I just download last beta version and it works as it should - opens in the color mode of the color you used to open it. But when i back to 21.5 problem is still there. Maybe just some settings conflict between release and beta versions.
I tested this in 21.5 right now and see now problem. Be aware that just changing the color mode popup doesn't change the color at all. If you want to change the color mode for the selected color you have to drag a slider.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Sa 19 Aug 2023 14:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Do 04 Nov 2021 08:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Improvement idea for Curves Tools:
Additional background layer with visual representation of actual summary curve shape created by Contrast/Luminance/Gamma sliders. It may help a lot for people to learn how those tools actually work. Option to turn it on and off if someone feel it too distracting.
Bild
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Fr 20 Aug 2021 15:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Also i checked vector drawing tools and pixel snapping modes today, and must say they are really pleasure to use. I can only suggest to adjust default grid and guides colors in more user friendly way. Here is how it looks with black 5% transparent pixel grid and #008eff 25% transparent normal grid color. Same goes to Guides and Automatc Guides colors. Sure advanced users always adjust things as they want if possible, but first impression of default settings and colors is also always important. Same as impression from UI.
Bild
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Extended control for Contrsat:
Slider.1 controls angle of straight contrast line.
Slider.2 controls curvature shape strength of highlights.
Slider.3 controls curvature shape strength of shadows.
+ option to link slider 2 and 3 to adjust the same curvature shape strength for shadows and highlights.
+ instant visual representation of curve shape, as described in earlier post.
dreams, dreams.... :)
Examples simulated with curves tool:
Bild
Bild
Bild
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

And in addition to Histogram monitoring - RGB Parade (separated channels view mode) and Waveform (combined channels view mode)
Bild
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Icons like these don't works well at all. Even after 5 days of usage i still sometimes guess which sigh represents which parameter.
Bild
Bild

I suggest to replace those signs with simple, compact and unified well recognized text names to match all other tools logic like this:
Bild
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Fr 20 Aug 2021 15:40, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

shijan hat geschrieben: Sa 28 Dez 2019 00:08 3. Switch for example to different layer with vector path, Open Color Editor window. It shows RGB mode. That is the problem. Color Editor window settings are not saved globally.
The foreground color here shows the fill color of the selected vector layer. If it is RGB, the Color Editor will open in RGB mode.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

shijan hat geschrieben: Sa 28 Dez 2019 04:15 Icons like these don't works well at all. Even after 5 days of usage i still sometimes guess which sigh represents which parameter.
Icons have advantages and disadvantages.
The big advantage is, that they have the same size in all languages and they need less space.
We try to give every icon a tooltip, so if you don't know what it does, you can place the mouse on it and you can read it.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

shijan hat geschrieben: Sa 28 Dez 2019 05:21 Seems here is another strange mistake in tools logic:
I don't think so. This behavior is many years old and was often discussed, there is no perfect solution.
shijan hat geschrieben: Sa 28 Dez 2019 05:21 1. Select Rounded Rectangle Tool.
2. In Tool Settings select desired look (color, stroke, corner radius)
3. Create rounded Rectangle vector object.
4. Select other layer and next select Rectangle vector object again.
5. Color stroke as well as other settings could be changed now inside Layer Settings window. But corner radius couldn't be changed there.
you can change the corner radius in the tool settings. I don't know if we need a second place for this.
I don't think that Rounded Rectangles are so often used that they need big options and additional entries in the Layer Attributes.
If I am not right, correct me.
shijan hat geschrieben: Sa 28 Dez 2019 05:21 Same time i can not change color or stroke settings in Tool Settings for already created Rounded Rectangle in same way. Impossible adventure.
The settings in the Tool Settings is for pre drawing. If it would change the current settings, you would not be able to draw two different vector objects.
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

shijan hat geschrieben: Do 26 Dez 2019 23:03 DisplayCAL tools can export HaldCLUTs format as well as cube. So new beta version of PhotoLine supports natively HaldCLUTs? Nice!
But cube LUTs are just more commonly used, and more supported by other graphics and video apps. So HaldCLUTs are still not the best cross application exchange method yet.

Another problem - seems there is no any common HaldCLUT pattern for high quality (1024 or 4096 points) 1D gamma transformations. If this pattern exist please let me know.
PL accepts HaldCLUT in the Beta version 21.90b (not yet in 21.50).
I don't care whether HaldCLUT is a widely used standard.
I see the advantage that I can run the whole LUT workflow from within PL, without export/import of LUT files.

Once you have optimized a set of adjustment layers on a representative image (orange film compensation, white balance, curves, contrast and gamma ...) , you can bake all that in a HaldCLUT by applying the same set of adjustment layers to the base neutral CLUT and save it as .png

Note : you don't need a "1D pattern" . You simply apply gamma transform to the base HaldCLUT.

Regards.

Phil
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

PhilM hat geschrieben: Sa 28 Dez 2019 11:49 Note : you don't need a "1D pattern" . You simply apply gamma transform to the base HaldCLUT.
Yes, HaldCLUT are great for exporting color correction presets and this new option is totally great. But largest HaldCLUT pattern size i ever see (in RawTherapee package) was 256x256x256 patches (16777216 points total in 3D mode). This is very very huge size for color transform and it consumes a lot of processing power, but it is still not enough for quality gamma only transform because in 1D mode it provides only 256 points for gamma transform. Same time dedicated 1D LUTs usually use 1024 or 4096 points for gamma. So my request for 1D cube LUTs support still makes sense.