Neue Testversion 22.00b2

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 22.00b2

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 22.00b2.

Windows:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2200b2.zip

Mac OS:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2200b2.zip

Neues:
  • Dokumentinformationen: Fehlende Zeichensätzen werden nun rot markiert
  • Splash-Dialog, macOS: Wird nun ggf. in Retina-Auflösung aufgebaut
  • JPEG-Export: Es können nun auch Bilder mit mehreren Pfaden gespeichert werden
  • Diverse Fehlerbehebungen und kleinere Verbesserungen
New:
  • Document information: Missing fonts are now marked red
  • Splash dialog, macOS: Is now built up in retina resolution if necessary
  • JPEG export: Now images with multiple paths can be saved
  • Various bug fixes and minor improvements
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 22.00b2

Beitrag von shijan »

Just want to report that 22.00b2 don't crashes anymore when i select custom folder in Preferences->Extended->Plug-in Modules. Nice update!
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

bug found in 21.5 as well as in all other beta versions:

Same auto histogram adjustment (auto mode for all channels) set to 3 channel view show different result in docked and in floating windows:

Bild

Seems like it is something related to file size and grain structure of the image. When i scale large file to 50% and repeat auto mode for all channels, i see less difference between docked and in floating windows. Very strange problem...

Also if switch to single channel view mode, the clipping numbers are the same in docked and in floating windows, but histograms show different clipping amount. It is also strange that histogram shape itself look different between docked and in floating windows.
Bild

Try to apply "auto mode for all channels" to this image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/46qr7wn3fui28 ... 2.jpg?dl=0 (this is not a film scan, but a scan of 10x15 printed photo taken with very simple Epson flatbed scanner)
Apply auto mode for all channels in floating window, press OK.
Switch to docked window, apply again "auto mode for all channels" and see the difference in histogram.
Switch back to floating window, apply "auto mode for all channels" and see the difference again.

Problem is not depends of bit depth. (same result with 8, 16 or 32 bit)
Problem is not depends of ICC profile (same result with sRGB as well as with different wide gamut color spaces with L gamma curve)

Problem depends of image size. If i reduce size to 25%, difference between docked and floating windows became less visible.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

This version no longer crashes when I export the PDF documents that would crash the previous beta.

The GUI, however, still has colour issues, and it is getting worse. There have been a number of odd GUI decisions.

When I find the time, I will do an overview/review with proposed solutions of the most poignant ones.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
frankenstein
Betatester

Beitrag von frankenstein »

Auch der Absturz beim Einbinden von VueScan ist behoben, vielen Dank!
Michael
Macbook Pro, macOS X (X = neueste Version)
https://instagram.com/m_frankenstein/
https://frankenste.info/m/
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

One thing I noticed is if I double click on a vector to add a new point, the previous selected point keeps selected plus the new created one. I find this behavior not working properly.
If a new point is created, then only that new point should the only one selected.

Hope it makes sense.
Juan
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

shijan hat geschrieben: Di 11 Feb 2020 21:12 bug found in 21.5 as well as in all other beta versions:

Same auto histogram adjustment (auto mode for all channels) set to 3 channel view show different result in docked and in floating windows:
I will check that.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Juan hat geschrieben: Fr 21 Feb 2020 10:20 One thing I noticed is if I double click on a vector to add a new point, the previous selected point keeps selected plus the new created one. I find this behavior not working properly.
If a new point is created, then only that new point should the only one selected.
I will change that.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

A small but big thing: an apostrophe, when copied from Word into PL, is left out. So: "don't" arrives as "dont". It occurs on both Windows and Mac.
The same word copied from Open Office or Pages is placed correctly.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug Simple Browse panel: for a while now I am experiencing issues with the mini browser's scrolling. I have 35 recent files displaying, but when I zoom in to three columns (for example) the scrollbar disappears, the bottom of the panel is cut-off, and even the scroll wheel no longer works.

When I zoom out (ctrl-scroll wheel) at some point the scroll bar re-appears, but acts really strangely: it seems to stretch downward.

Here is an example of what I mean (21 thumbs are displayed of 35):

minibrowse.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

I tested the simple browse panel here with 35 pictures and can't produce a missing slider.
Can you send me your PhotoLine settings to check this.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

When using LUTs, it is common to navigate trough many of them to see which one fits better to the picture. Sadly, this task is not easy at all since we can load only once at the time and then after all are loaded then we can see which one fits the best.

1- Would it be possible to load an specific folder so all the LUT files that are inside of it are loaded at once?
2- Another thing I noticed is that if you load many LUTs and click OK in the dialog and reopen the Color Lookup adjustment layer, all the loaded LUTs are gone but the chosen one.

Here is an standard LUT folder looks like, would be a pain to load one by one... Also I noticed few German words as well in the load file menu:
LUT.jpg
Cheers,
Juan
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

I think, if you activate the switch on the bottom left corner, your problems will be solved.
This will copy the Clut into the ColorLookup folder of your settings and this way it will be present in the future.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Do 27 Feb 2020 10:10 I think, if you activate the switch on the bottom left corner, your problems will be solved.
This will copy the Clut into the ColorLookup folder of your settings and this way it will be present in the future.
Awesome, I guess missing the English wording mislead me :D .

What about importing a bulk of LUT files at once?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

That's not possible in PhotoLine, but you can copy it in Finder/Explorer.
Just copy the files into the ColoLookup folder in the PhotoLine-Preferences/ %appdata%/PhotoLine