Small request Lasso Tool Crop Option

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Small request Lasso Tool Crop Option

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I love the crop option in the lasso options, but would like one small addition in its behaviour:

When I create a BIGGER lasso area than the layer size, and click on Crop, the layer size is not adjusted to that larger size. Ideally the crop command would expand layer size matching the size of the lasso area.

Currently the lasso will not expand beyond the layer size. Having the option to crop to enlarge to the selected lasso area would be handy, instead of going to Change Layer SIze, which is not a very visual way to enlarge the layer size.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
wmjordan
Mitglied

Re: Small request Lasso Tool Crop Option

Beitrag von wmjordan »

Good suggestion. It is really helpful.
I reckoned that several years ago I had emailed the author with the same idea when that tool was initially introduced.
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Small request Lasso Tool Crop Option

Beitrag von shijan »

I also requested this, but seems it is one of multiple limitations of "picture mode".
Just switch to "document mode". It allow to crop in and out borders without limits and without source image loss.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302