Optimize HDR layer glitches out

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
freeqstyler
Mitglied

Optimize HDR layer glitches out

Post by freeqstyler » Thu 14 May 2020 21:54

Hi,

I'm using Photoline for postproduction of 3D renders and thus working mostly on 32-bit EXR files, for convienience placed as placeholder layers into a 16-bit pld file. Since switching from Photoline 21.50 to 22.01 I'm experiencing a glitch/error. As part of my non-destructive workflow I am often using several layers with an Optimize HDR adjustment. The problem is, when after setting up these adjustments I proceed with further editing, the image randomly glitches out and darkens (see the attached screenshots). This is not only a visual glitch of the UI - it appears also on an exported, flattened image. The only way to temporarily resolve this is to hide and then reveal one of the Optimize HDR layers (or reload the file).

To reproduce the error, please see the file from this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hoYqwS ... sp=sharing

Keep the bottom layers (banner3d with two Optimize HDR adjustments) as they are and play around with the rest - copy some layers, add new ones, do some painting, change some parameters in levels adjustment etc. The image should suddenly darken after a few operations.

This bug did not occur in Photoline 21.50. My specs:

AMD Ryzen 1700X
16GB RAM
NVidia Geforce 1060 GTX 6GB

I would appreciate your help with resolving this issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Optimize HDR layer glitches out

Post by Martin Huber » Fri 15 May 2020 13:49

freeqstyler wrote:
Thu 14 May 2020 21:54
Keep the bottom layers (banner3d with two Optimize HDR adjustments) as they are and play around with the rest - copy some layers, add new ones, do some painting, change some parameters in levels adjustment etc. The image should suddenly darken after a few operations.
The document darkens when caching of "banner3d" kicks in (after about 30 seconds).

It darkens because the embedded document of the placeholder has a linear sRGB color profile and the cache ignores that profile. We will fix that.

You can circumvent the problem by manually assigning a linear sRGB profile to the placeholder layer by using "Tool > Color > Assign Color Profile":
- Choose "sRGB IEC61966-2.1"
- Check "Linear Brightness (Gamma 1.0)"
- Check "Layer"

Martin

freeqstyler
Mitglied

Re: Optimize HDR layer glitches out

Post by freeqstyler » Fri 15 May 2020 19:12

Manually assigning the color profile works well. Thanks for the help!