Bug pattern mode preview <-> actual pattern

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Bug pattern mode preview <-> actual pattern

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

When I create a pattern and preview in pattern mode, it looks aligned. I then create a pattern from this, and apply the pattern.

But the pattern no longer aligns correctly. I then create a document from the pattern, and the pattern no longer aligns.

I enclosed a sample file. Select the lines, copy, and paste in the patterns panel. Then apply this pattern to an object. Notice the seam. Create a new document from the pattern, and notice that the pattern no longer is aligned/contains seams.

It seems PhotoLine takes the dimensions from the grouped item(s), instead of the actual size of the item itself. When I correct the dimensions in the pattern editor to the size of the line (282px), the patterns works fine.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Bug pattern mode preview <-> actual pattern

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Sa 20 Jun 2020 22:52 When I create a pattern and preview in pattern mode, it looks aligned. I then create a pattern from this, and apply the pattern.

But the pattern no longer aligns correctly. I then create a document from the pattern, and the pattern no longer aligns.

I enclosed a sample file. Select the lines,
There is just a single line in the document.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Sa 20 Jun 2020 22:52 copy, and paste in the patterns panel.
Don't create vector patterns by copying/pasting layers.

Use the designated command "Layout > Document > Color From Document". For the convenience of the user it also is part of the context menu of color fields.
This command will use the document size as reference size. And if you are editing an exisiting pattern, it will keep the transformation and the tiling of the pattern.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Bug pattern mode preview <-> actual pattern

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Thanks for the info! But if I may say so: I never would have guessed that a command called "Color from Document" would have anything to do with defining a pattern... When I create a new pattern, I always just copy and paste, because I never realized that command defines a pattern. And I have years of experience with PhotoLine now!

I noticed the same command is available in the Patterns panel menu, which is great - but again, I never used it because it doesn't tell me what the command does!

Please change the command to something a bit easier to understand such as "Create pattern from document", "Pattern from Document", or "Define Pattern from Document". Anything but "Color...". A pattern is not a colour. That is super-confusing. :-)
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait