Opening PDF Files with GhostScript

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Eidolon
Mitglied

Opening PDF Files with GhostScript

Beitrag von Eidolon »

Greetings.

I receive PDF files with embedded fonts. I want to add the PDFs without changes to my PhotoLine layout.

I understand that PhotoLine will use Ghostscript to convert the embedded fonts to outlines. I’m running MacOS 10.14.6 and PL 21.5. I installed the full Ghostscript 9.53.1 package for Mac as provided by Richard Koch. GS runs normally in Terminal. However, in PL when I use the command Import > GS Import, PL still tries to replace the embedded fonts with system fonts. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for any help.
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Re: Opening PDF Files with GhostScript

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

Password-protected document?
Only subset of fonts embedded?
TrueType fonts?

I can open any PDF (I am using only professional OT fonts) either by clicking the file, right click —> open with or by importing by —> GS import

macOS Catalina 10.15.6
PL 22.03
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Eidolon hat geschrieben: Mi 16 Sep 2020 22:15I understand that PhotoLine will use Ghostscript to convert the embedded fonts to outlines. I’m running MacOS 10.14.6 and PL 21.5. I installed the full Ghostscript 9.53.1 package for Mac as provided by Richard Koch. GS runs normally in Terminal. However, in PL when I use the command Import > GS Import, PL still tries to replace the embedded fonts with system fonts. What am I doing wrong?
The Open panel of "File > Import > GS Import" has an option to convert text to paths. Sadly, by default, macOS is hiding this option, and you have to click the "Option" button in the lower left corner of the Open panel to show it. Did you do that?

Martin
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

I guess Eidolon expects the text to be editable...
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Eidolon
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eidolon »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Do 17 Sep 2020 09:35 you have to click the "Option" button in the lower left corner of the Open panel to show it.
That solved the problem. Thank you!