Magnifier window and lines joining.

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
borgo1971
Mitglied

Magnifier window and lines joining.

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Is there the possibility to magnify a fixed small part of my document, while main window and cursor is far away from this part? I need trace prospective lines from a photo that joins well outside of the photo but while I stretch this lines, I need to see if the lines are over the edges of the building in the photo. How can I do?
Another function that could be very useful, is the ability to stretch a line holding the direction, and/or the ability to auto join two lines. Does someone know if this functions are available in PhotoLine?
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Magnifier window and lines joining.

Beitrag von shijan »

You can use Layer Style - Magnifier Effect. Apply it to any object (Vector Rectangle or Circle) and that object will behave like magnifier for all layers located at the bottom.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Lines are simply unclosed vector paths so you can double click and add point to create line angle and extend it. Make sure you use Outline color and Fill color is set to transparent.
You can always hold Alt key and snap start/end point of the one line to start/end point of another line.
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am So 19 Sep 2021 00:26, insgesamt 6-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Hotkey to stretch a line with preserved direction seems like nice idea.
Currently it is possible but in rather complicated way:
- Duplicate your line
- Switch to Layer Tool
- Activate "Proportional" and "Centered" toggles
- Scale duplicated line to document size. This line now became a Ruler.
- Switch back to Line Tool.
- Hold "Alt" and grab start or end point of the origtinal line.
- Now you can stretch your original line with snapping to larger ruler line direction.

Another option to preserve line direction - do not transform line with Line Tool at all.
- Draw horizontal or vertical Line with Line Tool (By holding Shift to snap horizontal or vertical)
- Switch to Layer Tool
- Activate "Show Rotation Point" and drag it to start or end of the line.
- Change line angle and length only with Layer Tool transform controls

Also dragging line with "Alt" auto snapping it to to 45 degree.
Bild
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

borgo1971 hat geschrieben: Sa 18 Sep 2021 16:52 Is there the possibility to magnify a fixed small part of my document, while main window and cursor is far away from this part? I need trace prospective lines from a photo that joins well outside of the photo but while I stretch this lines, I need to see if the lines are over the edges of the building in the photo. How can I do?
Just create a second view of your document by using Window → New Window. The views can be zoomed/scrolled individually.
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

shijan hat geschrieben: Sa 18 Sep 2021 23:49 You can use Layer Style - Magnifier Effect. Apply it to any object (Vector Rectangle or Circle) and that object will behave like magnifier for all layers located at the bottom.
OK, thanks. I'm happy I learned something new, but isn't useful for the use I need now.
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

bkh hat geschrieben: So 19 Sep 2021 10:56 Just create a second view of your document by using Window → New Window. The views can be zoomed/scrolled individually.
OK, thanks. This solves one of my requests.
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

shijan hat geschrieben: So 19 Sep 2021 00:14 Hotkey to stretch a line with preserved direction seems like nice idea.
Finally my idea that someone else appreciates too... :D
Currently it is possible but in rather complicated way:...
Effectively, I din't understand this procedure.
Another option to preserve line direction - do not transform line with Line Tool at all...
Maybe useful in future... but not for what I'm trying to do now. Thanks anyway.
Also dragging line with "Alt" auto snapping it to to 45 degree.
Bild
OK, I was aware of this, even I found out that there are some changes in this between PhotoLine 19 I'm using, and PhotoLine 22.x
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Guess it is not due legacy version but due Preferences setup. Instead of using Alt you can also permanently turn snapping on in "View -> Alignment Helpers -> Align to Auto Guides".

Or make sure you setup snapping in Preferences like this to make it work only with Alt key:
Bild

Anyway, can't see any reason to use legacy versions. There are huge amount of new options and bugfixes in new versions. Especially in last beta versions.
For example here is a list of changes and bugfixes based on my personal feedback viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6297&p=46729#p46729 In addition to that list there many other feedback and bug reports from other users and also ideas and bugfixes personally from developers.
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

shijan hat geschrieben: Di 21 Sep 2021 22:15 Anyway, can't see any reason to use legacy versions. There are huge amount of new options and bugfixes in new versions. Especially in last beta versions.
I'm sure that all this new options are huge improvements for most PhotoLine users. But I'm an atypical users. The most useful future I noticed in the last beta version is PDF/A export. But (for me) it's a bit crumpled future, If I can't embed other PDF documents, maintaining their appearance without converting them into bitmaps or paths (which often swells the document). Currently I have to think every time whether to use PhotoLine, Apple Pages, LibreOffice, ArchiCAD or some other software, but if PhotoLine allowed me to embed other PDF documents (and save them as PDF/A), I would have no doubts. ArchiCAD does this well, allows to save in may PDF sub standard and it's my main work software, but for many reasons it's an overkill (and lacks PhotoLine design ability).
Another feature that would make me decide to upgrade, would be the ability to drag&drop files and folder from finder over PhotoLine browser buttons to select them.
In any case, I guess I'll update soon.