Neue Testversion 22.90b18

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 22.90b18

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

dialog.png
One thing I forgot: the ability to turn layer handles off for adjustment layers and have them stay off. Layer handles are useful for vector and image layers that have to be manipulated, rotated, etc. but, at least for general image editing, this is rarely done with adjustment layers.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Isn't it simpler to adjust blending modes and opacity of adjustment layers directly from Layer list? Blend mode selection on adjustment layer dialogs probably will require to change layout of every adjustment layer dialog window. A lot of work i guess...

Option to turn off handles for adjustment layers sounds like nice idea. I noticed that sometimes i move adjustment layers by accident due those handles.
But formally those are not handles of adjustment layers, but a handles of a mask background (it could be vector or raster) but not of adjustment layer itself. In PhotoLine adjustment layer just can't exist without background mask, so from some point of view it is logical to see those handles.

Maybe instead of gradient bars it makes sense to use gradient background guides for color modes that rely to those guides? This just looks more compact and don't require changes in layout.
Example from darktable image ediror:
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
russellcottrell
Mitglied

shijan hat geschrieben: Mo 18 Okt 2021 23:04 Isn't it simpler to adjust blending modes and opacity of adjustment layers directly from Layer list?
No. When I create an adjustment layer, I often know that I am going to use color or luminosity blend mode. I would rather set it right away than create the layer, close the dialog, set the blend mode, then open the dialog again to make the adjustment.
shijan hat geschrieben: Mo 18 Okt 2021 23:04 . . . from some point of view it is logical to see those handles.
I hate those handles, I never ever use them, and they are just in the way. The first button on my scroll button context menu is Show Layer Handles and I have to click it every single time I start PhotoLine. Those who want to see them are welcome to, but I would like to turn them off forever. (Just adjustment layers, not necessarily any other kind.)
shijan hat geschrieben: Mo 18 Okt 2021 23:04 Maybe instead of gradient bars it makes sense to use gradient background guides for color modes that rely to those guides?
That would be o.k., but it sounds like more work, and might be a little distracting, especially using a light theme as I do. Given a choice, I would prefer bars.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Formally it is possible to disable adjustment layer handles by lock position and selecting.

I can't see any problem with blending modes and opacity of adjustment layers directly in layer list. In full sized adjustment window it probably should be syncronized with blending modes and opacity in layer list. And probably it should be invisible in mini adjustment window to save space. When use mini adjustment window it is simpler to reach blending modes and opacity in layer list.
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Do 04 Nov 2021 05:37, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Sort of gradient background with opacity 15-25%. Looks strange... Also for my opinion those gradients will only distract attention.
I wonder what are real Lab colors that match to those gradients coordinates? Some apps use Cyan-Yellow, Green-Magenta colors. Some apps use Blue-Yellow, Green-Red. Some other apps use wired blue-green tinted color instead of pure green. It looks like so random...
Bild
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Gradient backgrounds looks strange in flat UI and distract attention.
Gradient bars will waste space and logically conflict with gradient bar used in Output Levels that indicate totally different thing.
Also there is already a tiny gradient hint exist in those icon thumbnails toggles.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

russellcottrell hat geschrieben: Fr 15 Okt 2021 18:20user-editable actions
What do you mean by "user-editable actions"? The actions are editable. By double-clicking an action step you can modify its settings and you can resort/delete the action steps.

Martin
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 20 Okt 2021 09:48 What do you mean by "user-editable actions"? The actions are editable. By double-clicking an action step you can modify its settings and you can resort/delete the action steps.
Text-based action files that are editable by the user. Useful for operations that cannot be scripted. Or, the ability to record all operations, keystrokes, etc. as script, like the macros in office-type programs. That other program has a “script listener” which will record everything you do as a script file; it is often somewhat inscrutable, but you can figure it out. It is incredibly useful, and opens up a whole new world of scripting. This plus custom scripting dialogs and you are totally in control.

As it is, the actions files are binary files; editing them is beyond most users.
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi, in this version I have trouble entering a number in the text fields in the Text-toolbox in the B-tab.
I select the text, then select the number in the textfield of Kerning and enter e.g. 1,5. After the '1', the characters are spaced extra, but when I enter the ',5' in the Kerning field, the selected text is replaced by ',5'.
The same happens with the character width. After selecting a text and typing '100', only the first digit is taken into account, after that the text is replaced by '00'
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Paul hat geschrieben: Di 02 Nov 2021 21:52 Hi, in this version I have trouble entering a number in the text fields in the Text-toolbox in the B-tab.
I can confirm. In these input fields input with keyboard is broken. But changing value with mouse scroll works.
Bild
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi, it's great that the mach colors function now offers the 'create adjustment layer' option, but when I click on that, the dialog disappears and an adjustment layer is created document sized, on top. This way, I can not change my mind NOT to create an adjustment layer, but more important (I can always delete this layer), the adjustment is also applied to the underlying image. Also, I can't put my finger on what the controls do in the adjustment layer panel of the match color layer.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Paul hat geschrieben: Di 02 Nov 2021 22:41 Hi, it's great that the mach colors function now offers the 'create adjustment layer' option, but when I click on that, the dialog disappears and an adjustment layer is created document sized, on top.
It use same logic as any other adjustment layer. Put it inside image layer and select from the menu layer that you want to use as source for color match. You can also select there another opened document as a source for color match.
With sliders you can adjust the strength of color matching effect.
The confusing part - you need manually add names to layers to see them in the menu. This is same limitation as in layer list right click menu - Layer is invisible in menu if there is no layer name.

In these example green color became magenta, because matched to magenta background layer:
Bild

Bild

By the way, layers order in Match Colors menu arranged in opposite order to layers list. Already emailed it to developers.
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Do 04 Nov 2021 01:14, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Paul hat geschrieben: Di 02 Nov 2021 21:52 Hi, in this version I have trouble entering a number in the text fields in the Text-toolbox in the B-tab.
I select the text, then select the number in the textfield of Kerning and enter e.g. 1,5. After the '1', the characters are spaced extra, but when I enter the ',5' in the Kerning field, the selected text is replaced by ',5'.
The same happens with the character width. After selecting a text and typing '100', only the first digit is taken into account, after that the text is replaced by '00'
I will fix that.

Martin
russellcottrell
Mitglied

I was watching some videos made in another photo editor and their curves dialog is not modal. If the curves dialog were always on top but not modal, one could change the blend mode and layer opacity while the dialog was still open, and those fields would not need to be on the dialog itself.
(It still needs color bars on the axes.)
I am thinking of making some videos, an in-depth tutorial on curves.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

russellcottrell hat geschrieben: Do 14 Jul 2022 19:13 I was watching some videos made in another photo editor and their curves dialog is not modal. If the curves dialog were always on top but not modal, one could change the blend mode and layer opacity while the dialog was still open, and those fields would not need to be on the dialog itself.
(It still needs color bars on the axes.)
I am thinking of making some videos, an in-depth tutorial on curves.
Instead of using the modal dialog, why not use the non-modal adjustment layer panel?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait