Issue: Apostrophe key ' set as keyboard shortcut can't be typed using text tool and other text fields

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
cadudesun
Mitglied

Issue: Apostrophe key ' set as keyboard shortcut can't be typed using text tool and other text fields

Beitrag von cadudesun »

Hi.
I set the Apostrophe key ' (single quote, alt+39 numeric keyboard) as a keyboard shortcut for "Full View" command.
While the key triggers properly the command, it becomes inaccessible and can't be typed using text tool and other text fields (e.g. naming a layer or preset).
Is this an issue, or the apostrophe key shouldn't be used as a keyboard shortcut?

Thank you,
Cadu
Apostrophe as shortcut.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Re: Issue: Apostrophe key ' set as keyboard shortcut can't be typed using text tool and other text fields

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

If you can't use the apostrophe because it is currently set as a shortcut for PL functionality perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to change the shortcut to something like Cmd-apostrophe or Alt-apostrophe. I had a similar issue with one of the shortcuts that I used and I solved the problem by changing the shortcut to include the cmd key.

On the other hand if there is some reason you can not do this or don't wish to do this, then I apologize for wasting your time.
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Issue: Apostrophe key ' set as keyboard shortcut can't be typed using text tool and other text fields

Beitrag von shijan »

Interesting. I set "F" key for fullscreen (just to match Photoshop keys layout) and have no problem to type "F" letter when use text tool. Same goes to "Tab" key (i use it to show/hide panels). So it could be something special for apostrophe key. Or some limitation in Windows version.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Or some limitation in Windows version.
Maybe... on macOS seems to work without problems.