PhotoLine 23.x not saving PNG files

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
borgo1971
Mitglied

PhotoLine 23.x not saving PNG files

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

I noticed that many times trying to save a image as PNG, I got the save dialog and after I confirm it, I got a second dialog asking file options like color reduction, but after all, the file won't be written to the disk. As normal, mostly it happens when I didn't have time to write here about this issue, but now I think I must let it know to developers and see if it happens to other users too. Until now I noticed this behaviour only with PNG file format, and if I save to another format (normally .PLD) and open the file with PhotoLine 19.5, I can save the image to PNG without any problem.
I don't be sure if it happened with first version of PhotoLine 23.x, but I'm sure it happened with PhotoLine 23.02, and it happens now with PhotoLine 23.40b5.
This is the first save dialog:
First save dialog.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von borgo1971 am Sa 19 Mär 2022 11:43, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
borgo1971
Mitglied

Re: PhotoLine 23.x not saving PNG files

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

And this is the second one (had the same problem with it, after cutting the image to hit 128KiB, so I saved the image as GIF):
Second save dialog.gif
P.S. If I can express an opinion, I must say that 128KiB limit for attachments is a truly anachronistic limit. :mrgreen:
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

borgo1971 hat geschrieben: Sa 19 Mär 2022 11:29 I noticed that many times trying to save a image as PNG, I got the save dialog and after I confirm it, I got a second dialog asking file options like color reduction, but after all, the file won't be written to the disk.
PNG (as well as GIF and BMP) has an option whether it should ask for the kind of color reduction if color reduction is enabled:
PreferencesPNG.png
If activated, the color reduction dialog will be shown after confirming the save dialog. If you leave the color reduction dialog with Cancel, the file won't be saved.
borgo1971 hat geschrieben: Sa 19 Mär 2022 11:29 (...) Until now I noticed this behaviour only with PNG file format, and if I save to another format (normally .PLD) and open the file with PhotoLine 19.5, I can save the image to PNG without any problem.
This is strange, because the option for asking isn't new, but has always been there.

Martin
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 21 Mär 2022 11:44 If you leave the color reduction dialog with Cancel, the file won't be saved.
Obviously. But I'm pretty sure I clicked on "OK". It's default option, even I pressed enter key, the image should be saved. Surly I didn't press on "Annulla" or pressed "Esc" key. But the behaviour didn't happen every time, and I wasn't able to replicate it today.