Neue Testversion 23.40b9

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 23.40b9

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 23.40b9.

Windows:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2340b9.zip

macOS:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2340b9.zip

Neues:
  • SVG-Export: Gruppen mit nur einem Kind werden - wenn möglich - aufgelöst
  • Schriftenliste: Mit Rechtsklick wird nicht in den zuletzt benutzten Schriften selektiert
  • Windows: 32-Bit Scannertreiber
  • Diverse Fehlerbehebungen und kleinere Verbesserungen
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b9

Beitrag von shijan »

Some other problems fixed in 23.4b9:
  • Visual artifact with gradient control handles when control handles are enabled and gradient quickly adjusted from Color Editor
  • in Guides Panel mini "Add" button is too small.
  • Icons in Guides Panel look too small and aliased because buttons use 23x23 px size instead of normal 25x25 px used in all other toolbars
  • English translation missing in "Slideshow" tool window
  • Problem with vector outline mask modes in 23.40b7 and 23.40b8.
  • Request/Idea for Export Attributes panel: folder path selection field to bypass additional finder dialog on each export.
  • Request/Idea: Use key modifier to open fonts menu starting from currently used font instead of beginning of the fonts list.
    (Problem fixed. Font list: Right-clicking does not select the last used fonts) Great!
Also new vector mask mode looks interesting:
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Mi 15 Jun 2022 21:25, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

On my Windows, properties of files include "date", "date created", "date changed".
The normal date is "date created", and I'm somewhat surprised that I don't see the latest changes on top of the list when I sort by date.

I mean, it's reasonable and correct, and I guess it's very useful for versions.
But I wonder why i never noticed?
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Just for discussion:
Current tooltips naming for buttons "Export" and "Quick Export" in "Export" panel feels a little bit not logical. It can confuse user to think by mistake that settings in this panel somehow related to "File->Export".

For example in Illustrator similar panel named "Asset Export" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-dg3l8qeU .
:arrow: So maybe in PhotoLine also use names "Export Asset" and "Export Asset & Overwrite'?

This will better separate all these names from normal "File->Export" function.

Here is example with some other naming and UI changes ideas:
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Paul P
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul P »

Hi,

In the right lower corner of a textframe is the + to signify there is too much text. Is it possible to give this + a different colour? Now it is grey, but something like red would be great. It just doesn't attract my attention and I regularly forget a few lines while making a folder or magazine.

- Paul
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Mi 15 Jun 2022 14:00 On my Windows, properties of files include "date", "date created", "date changed".
What properties? Inside PhotoLine or generally speaking? From the OS side, a file usually has 3 dates:
- creation date
- modification date
- last acces date

Aside from that, there may be other dates in the metadata.
Hoogo hat geschrieben: Mi 15 Jun 2022 14:00The normal date is "date created",
IMHO, the "normal" date is the modification date. This is what PhotoLine uses in the Browse panel when sorting by date.
Hoogo hat geschrieben: Mi 15 Jun 2022 14:00and I'm somewhat surprised that I don't see the latest changes on top of the list when I sort by date.
In the Browse Panel? I just checked on macOS, and there it worked fine. If it doesn't work on Windows, I will check it there.

Martin
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Sorry, I mean the windows file explorer, and I found out a little more about it.
The file explorer can "optimize" a view for music, video, pictures, general files...
For general files it shows the "date changed", but for pictures it shows a "date", that's actually the "date created". That date is kept when you use "save as" and overwrite an old file. And it makes sense to me.

No idea why that folder was set to "pictures", I prefer the default behaviour.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!