Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Benutzeravatar
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Beiträge: 4279
Registriert: Mo 18 Nov 2002 15:30
Wohnort: Bad Gögging

Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 24.40b21.

Windows:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2440b21.zip

macOS:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2440b21.zip

Neues:
  • Scripting, Windows: Wird jetzt bei Programmstart immer für den User registriert
  • PSD-Import: Behandlung von Zusatzkanälen (Extrakanälen) geändert
  • Windows, Fontproblem mit "Libre Caslon" behoben, bitte testen, ob das auch das Problem mit anderen Schriften löst
  • Diverse Fehlerbehebungen und kleinere Verbesserungen
Benutzeravatar
Herbert123
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2455
Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

The good news: PhotoLine now displays fonts the same as other design apps. No more gibberish! :D

The bad news: with certain fonts type family members are still duplicated for some reason.
2024-11-19 10_45_02-#1.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2044
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von shijan »

I downloaded Avenir LT Std font from this source https://www.deefont.com/avenir-font-family/ and here is how it look on macOS. No duplicates. Maybe it is different bugfixed version of the font?
Screen Shot 2024-11-19 at 10.18.48 PM.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Benutzeravatar
Herbert123
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2455
Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Small request for the absolute leading default value: it would be great if the default value would be calculated according to the default assumed leading size.

Or at the very least according to a [current font size] * 1.2 (based on the general typography rule that the basic leading should be set to 120% up to 140% of the font size).

That would prevent the 'collapse' of the entire paragraph to a single messy line :wink:
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2044
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von shijan »

I find a problem that is not related to PhotoLine, but who knows, maybe it will help to fix something. I have about 20-30 fonts that visible in ProtoLine as ? ? ? ? ?. In other apps those fonts are not visible in fonts list at all. But in macOS Quicklook and FontBook fonts are visible. Mostly those are fonts with fancy symbols and dated to 1997-2000's. Nice example is free font Gothic Leaf https://www.dafont.com/gothic-leaf.font
Screen Shot 2024-11-20 at 11.14.03 AM.jpg
Today i try to convert one of these fonts using font editing application from GothicLeaf.ttf to GothicLeaf-Regular.otf and this fixed the problem, now it is visible in PhotoLine.
Screen Shot 2024-11-20 at 11.22.05 AM.jpg
I guess problem is due some invisible and unassigned characters in font itself. Converted font don't have these characters anymore.
Screen Shot 2024-11-20 at 11.29.50 AM.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Thank you for the new beta. Haven't tested it out yet. Been busy. Will post tomorrow.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Beiträge: 4300
Registriert: Di 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 19 Nov 2024 20:46 The bad news: with certain fonts type family members are still duplicated for some reason.
I will fix that.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Beiträge: 4300
Registriert: Di 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 20 Nov 2024 11:27 I find a problem that is not related to PhotoLine, but who knows, maybe it will help to fix something. I have about 20-30 fonts that visible in ProtoLine as ? ? ? ? ?. In other apps those fonts are not visible in fonts list at all. But in macOS Quicklook and FontBook fonts are visible. Mostly those are fonts with fancy symbols and dated to 1997-2000's. Nice example is free font Gothic Leaf https://www.dafont.com/gothic-leaf.font
The font doesn't have a PostScript name and therefore doesn't work on macOS. PhotoLine internally also uses the PostScript name, therefore it also doesn't work in PhotoLine on Windows.

Martin
Benutzeravatar
Herbert123
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2455
Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 22 Nov 2024 12:42
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 19 Nov 2024 20:46 The bad news: with certain fonts type family members are still duplicated for some reason.
I will fix that.
:D
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Thank you for fixing the adding colours to list from harmony bug and the mesh gradient bug.

Will keep my fingers crossed for curly quotes!!! 🤞🤞🤞 Maybe Christmas 🎁!! :D
borgo1971
Mitglied
Beiträge: 142
Registriert: Do 11 Sep 2008 21:03
Wohnort: Tolmezzo (UD) Italia

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

I write here because even I use an older version of PhotoLine, I tried that the issue I noticed with it, is still present in last beta. The issue is the lack of .HEIC file in conversion file list (if I not wrong and can't see it with another name). Sometimes I like to convert my .HEIC pictures (to .JPEG) and apply an action to reduce it's size, without touching existing .JPEG pictures that are in the same folder. The workaround is pretty simple, I move .HEIC files in a new folder and move back converted .jpegs... so it's not a huge problem. But I guess it's even not a great work to add .HEIC in file list.
Screenshot 2024-12-18 alle 11.52.10.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von borgo1971 am Fr 20 Dez 2024 12:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2044
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von shijan »

I also report about similar bug long time ago:
HEIC image format is missing in "Browse" image formats menu.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Benutzeravatar
Hoogo
Beta Tester
Beiträge: 4169
Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
Wohnort: Deutschland

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b21

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 19 Nov 2024 16:48[*] Windows, Fontproblem mit "Libre Caslon" behoben, bitte testen, ob das auch das Problem mit anderen Schriften löst
Grad heute hatte ich eine Schrift, die je nach Zoomstufe Ersatzschriftart oder falsche Buchstaben gezeigt hat, und das Problem ist nun weg :D
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!