Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Beiträge: 4300
Registriert: Di 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Fr 17 Jan 2025 19:11
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Do 16 Jan 2025 12:13 I would need a PLD with the graphic to test it here.
[attachment=0]Mesh Light 3D body.pld[/attachment

The file is now attached @Gerhard Huber. Please let me know what you think.
The 3D body function can create pointed corners. With miter join, these corners might become spikes. Therefore if the line join is miter, I will change it to round.

Additionally I will automatically turn off arrow caps and inside/outside alignment of the line.
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Thanks @Martin! Makes sense.
Benutzeravatar
Hoogo
Beta Tester
Beiträge: 4169
Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
Wohnort: Deutschland

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Was ich gefühlt seit der Erfindung der Funktion immer wieder falsch mache: "Vektor > Zerschneiden", weil ich grundsätzlich die 2 Vektorebenen in falscher Reihenfolge markiere.
Zerschneiden gibt 2 Vektoren aus: "Was nur in Vektor A ist" und " Was in Vektor A und B ist"
Wenn noch der 3. Vektor "Was nur in Vektor B ist" hinzukäme, dann wäre ich zufriedener.

Wann wollt Ihr eigentlich releasen? Ich stelle mir immer vor, dass man ja mal gemeinsam Paletten, Muster, Aktionen und so für einen Release sammeln und schön machen könnte.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
wmjordan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 98
Registriert: Mi 14 Apr 2004 16:33

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von wmjordan »

shijan hat geschrieben: Do 16 Jan 2025 17:02 wmjordan, you can do it even simpler without dragging: right click on group title and select "Ungroup".
Screen Shot 2025-01-16 at 5.07.13 PM.jpg
drag and drop operation move only one color at a time, despite that I have already selected all colors within a group
This looks like a bug.
Oh, I did not realize that. I just tried the context menu on the popup color list, where no "Group" or "Ungroup" was offered.
shot.png
Thank you for your guidance.
Now I ungrouped all colors and things went back to previous status.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2044
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von shijan »

Yes, it will not work from pop-up colors palette. You need to open normal colors palette panel View->Lists->Color List and Group/Ungroup from there.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1: Focus Stacking Crash [Bug Report]

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Hello: @Martin & @Gerhard:

I have a bug that can be consistently reproduced on the latest beta. I use Windows 11.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a new document of size 1920 X 1280 at 300 dpi and white background
2. Go to Digital Camera >> Focus Stacking
3. Add images with the default setting
4. Click OK
>> Crash.

Here's the screenshot of settings in case you wish to see.
Focus Stacking Bug.jpg
It also does not retrieve any autosave file, incidentally. :)

P.S: Tried out with various settings within the dialogue box. It consistently crashes the application. Hope this helps!

Thank you!
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

REALLY HAPPY TO SEE PL 25 IS NOW OUT!!! Woohoo!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Grinned ear to ear seeing Gerhard's email about it, and a great deal of features have been added to warrant a full new version (instead of like Affinity for V2 - boy, do I have an axe to grind with them!).

Here's to many, many more PL versions and years of fun to come for all of us! Thanks @Gerhard, @Martin for the software, and the forum users for making this a happy place to come to learn about photo editing.

I don't know if @russellcottrell still visits this forum, but I found his explanations fantastic. Thank you for putting together that for newbies like me.
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2044
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von shijan »

That's really long awaited option in 25 final version! Or was it introduced earlier? I also didn't knew that it is possible to change icons in that "mask view" toolbar area.
Screen Shot 2025-01-23 at 7.05.58 PM.jpg
Small idea: Why don't allow to use more than 4 icons there? Like this:
Screen Shot 2025-01-23 at 7.07.40 PM.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Benutzeravatar
Hoogo
Beta Tester
Beiträge: 4169
Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
Wohnort: Deutschland

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Mist, jetzt hab ich doch noch was...
Ich hab PL in "Program files" installiert und einen PhotoLineSettings-Ordner angelegt. Nervt wie sau, aber dafür habe ich nachvollziehbare Settings.

"Web-Export", "PNG", "Farben reduzieren", "Einstellungen ändern"
Der Dialog öffnet sich mit Farbanzahl 0 und "Farben nicht reduzieren", und so sieht die Palette auch aus: Leer.
Wähle ich 16 Farben, wird der Radiobutton "Farben reduzieren" automatisch aktiviert. Die Palette bleibt aber leer, und alle zugehörigen Optionen bleiben grau.
Erst nachdem ich manuell mit der Maus zwischen "Farben nicht reduzieren" und "reduzieren" gewechselt bin,wird die Palette korrekt aktiviert.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Benutzeravatar
der_fotograf
Mitglied
Beiträge: 672
Registriert: Mo 05 Dez 2016 08:33
Wohnort: North Germany

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Do 23 Jan 2025 23:58 "Web-Export", "PNG", "Farben reduzieren", "Einstellungen ändern"
Der Dialog öffnet sich mit Farbanzahl 0 und "Farben nicht reduzieren", und so sieht die Palette auch aus: Leer.
Wähle ich 16 Farben, wird der Radiobutton "Farben reduzieren" automatisch aktiviert. Die Palette bleibt aber leer, und alle zugehörigen Optionen bleiben grau.
Unter macOS tritt das Problem definitiv nicht auf:

Screenshot 2025-01-24 at 08.04.35.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Benutzeravatar
Hoogo
Beta Tester
Beiträge: 4169
Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
Wohnort: Deutschland

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Hoogo »

der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Fr 24 Jan 2025 09:06Unter macOS tritt das Problem definitiv nicht auf:
Mit ganz frischer Installation ist die Vorauswahl bei den Farben noch leer. Mit den leeren Einstellungen dann "Change" klicken, und dann ging das mit leerer Palette los.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Benutzeravatar
russellcottrell
Mitglied
Beiträge: 255
Registriert: Sa 26 Jul 2014 10:13
Wohnort: California

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Do 23 Jan 2025 18:17 I don't know if @russellcottrell still visits this forum, but I found his explanations fantastic. Thank you for putting together that for newbies like me.
Aw, shucks . . . .
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1: Focus Stacking Crash [Bug Report]

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Do 23 Jan 2025 16:40 Hello: @Martin & @Gerhard:

I have a bug that can be consistently reproduced on the latest beta. I use Windows 11.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a new document of size 1920 X 1280 at 300 dpi and white background
2. Go to Digital Camera >> Focus Stacking
3. Add images with the default setting
4. Click OK
>> Crash.

Here's the screenshot of settings in case you wish to see.

Focus Stacking Bug.jpg

It also does not retrieve any autosave file, incidentally. :)

P.S: Tried out with various settings within the dialogue box. It consistently crashes the application. Hope this helps!

Thank you!
Could someone else confirm please if this is repeatable at your end? Try to stack a bunch of photos recently taken and wondering why it's not working. :)
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2044
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von shijan »

Also If allow to scale horizontal size of Colors and Brush fields, it is possible to fit even more useful icons there. Example:
Screen Shot 2025-01-23 at 7.07.40 PM.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2044
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1: Focus Stacking Crash [Bug Report]

Beitrag von shijan »

Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Do 23 Jan 2025 16:40 Hello: @Martin & @Gerhard:

I have a bug that can be consistently reproduced on the latest beta. I use Windows 11.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a new document of size 1920 X 1280 at 300 dpi and white background
2. Go to Digital Camera >> Focus Stacking
3. Add images with the default setting
4. Click OK
>> Crash.

Here's the screenshot of settings in case you wish to see.

Focus Stacking Bug.jpg

It also does not retrieve any autosave file, incidentally. :)

P.S: Tried out with various settings within the dialogue box. It consistently crashes the application. Hope this helps!

Thank you!
I can confirm. Focus Stacking crashes on macOS in 25 final version as well. Tested with Railroad_model_(c)_Enrico Curschellas01 free example from https://www.heliconsoft.com/images/anim ... hellas.zip
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302