Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Benutzeravatar
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Beiträge: 4278
Registriert: Mo 18 Nov 2002 15:30
Wohnort: Bad Gögging

Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 25.00b6.

Windows:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2500b6.zip

macOS:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2500b6.zip

Neues:
  • Größere Umbauten in der Textausgabe, damit asiatische Texte besser ausgegeben werden
  • Diverse Fehlerbehebungen und kleinere Verbesserungen
Nach oben
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2033
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von shijan »

Some other problems fixed in 25.00b6 added to Large List of Bugfixes 2019-2025:
  • Blocky artifacts in exported lossy compressed JPEG XL (problem due bug in libjxl release)
  • Red color disappears from menu in Hue/Saturation.
  • Thumbnail preview of a Group is incorrect in Document Mode, if use ICC profile with Linear Gamma.
  • "Hide/Show Lasso" toggle don't fully hides Vector Lasso.
  • Color List, Pattern List, Texture List, Gradient List, Document Color List, Brush List, Curve List, Shape List, Outline List, Clipart List panels use not logical order of menu items Merge, Save Active, Load, Save.
  • Some English Translation is missing in Text Tool Settings.
  • Exported linear ICC profile name shown as "(Gamma 1" instead of "(Gamma 1.0)"
  • in Windows version Documents Tabs toolbar placed to same row as other top toolbar is partially hidden under other panel.
  • In macOS version Guides are invisible in 25.00b5
  • Settings->Extended->Font Replacement menu boxes are placed too close one to other.
  • When click to Picture/Document Mode dropbox, it behave like text field.
  • Multiple Vector Outlines ignore Undo History.
  • In Clipping Mask mode normal Eye icon overlapped with Clipping Mask icon because don't have own independent icon.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Just wanted to thank the developers for speedily fixing the text rendering issue for unicode Indic script. I know it must not have been an easy task, given they'd have had to work in the dark a bit as to how glyphs are actually rendered. Sill done a spectacular job.

With the new release, I can properly kern and track text without the glyphs breaking or turning into Tofu!

Brilliant work again and total mensch for releasing it quickly! 8)
betotex
Mitglied
Beiträge: 46
Registriert: Do 05 Mai 2022 16:44
Wohnort: Brazil

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von betotex »

Hey there!

Please check those itens and please implement them if possible.

1. FALSE COLOR is not working correctly. And when I double click on the color field it doesnt open the Color Editor, in which I can pick a color from the document.

2. as I open FALSE COLOR and other tool boxes like CURVES, then the "show brush cursor" cross appears and won´t leave.

3.as I try Border Matting ou Quick Selection Tool, then the "show brush cursor" cross appears and won´t leave.

4. as I try Liquify, when forwarding warp upwards, as the cursor crosses the document limits, horizontal strides appear on the image.

5. Many Tools, Filter and Effects itens are not non-destructive like Reduce Color (important), Pixelize and Beautify.


Thanks in advance!
Benutzeravatar
Herbert123
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2455
Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 5. Many Tools, Filter and Effects itens are not non-destructive like Reduce Color (important), Pixelize and Beautify.
If you convert a layer or group of layers to a Placeholder layer, those filters and effects will become non-destructive. I use non-destructive Reduce Color often on placeholder layers.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Benutzeravatar
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Beiträge: 4278
Registriert: Mo 18 Nov 2002 15:30
Wohnort: Bad Gögging

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 1. FALSE COLOR is not working correctly. And when I double click on the color field it doesnt open the Color Editor, in which I can pick a color from the document.
that's a bug, we will fix it.
betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 2. as I open FALSE COLOR and other tool boxes like CURVES, then the "show brush cursor" cross appears and won´t leave.
The cross cursor in "Curves" shows that you can pick a color from the image.
betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 3.as I try Border Matting ou Quick Selection Tool, then the "show brush cursor" cross appears and won´t leave.
The cross cursor in Quick Selection Tool shows, that you can create a rectangle.
betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 4. as I try Liquify, when forwarding warp upwards, as the cursor crosses the document limits, horizontal strides appear on the image.
I think you get redraw problems? If so, what are you doing exactly?
betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 5. Many Tools, Filter and Effects itens are not non-destructive like Reduce Color (important), Pixelize and Beautify.
Every function that can be used as adjustment layer do this.
If this is not possible, you can create a placement layer and use the funtion on it.
betotex
Mitglied
Beiträge: 46
Registriert: Do 05 Mai 2022 16:44
Wohnort: Brazil

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von betotex »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: So 25 Mai 2025 11:22
betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 2. as I open FALSE COLOR and other tool boxes like CURVES, then the "show brush cursor" cross appears and won´t leave.
The cross cursor in "Curves" shows that you can pick a color from the image.
it happens when I go from painting to CURVES then get back to painting.
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: So 25 Mai 2025 11:22
betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 3.as I try Border Matting ou Quick Selection Tool, then the "show brush cursor" cross appears and won´t leave.
The cross cursor in Quick Selection Tool shows, that you can create a rectangle.
whenever I paint with Border Matting, no getting rid of the cross.
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: So 25 Mai 2025 11:22
betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 4. as I try Liquify, when forwarding warp upwards, as the cursor crosses the document limits, horizontal strides appear on the image.
I think you get redraw problems? If so, what are you doing exactly?
check the file example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nzNIbe ... drive_link
it´s not quite an issue...
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Beiträge: 4300
Registriert: Di 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

betotex hat geschrieben: Mo 26 Mai 2025 06:01 it happens when I go from painting to CURVES then get back to painting.

(...)

whenever I paint with Border Matting, no getting rid of the cross.
Ah, you mean that these two tools are using the cross mouse cursor, instead of the one that you have chosen in the settings at "Work > Mouse".
We will fix that.
betotex hat geschrieben: Mo 26 Mai 2025 06:01
betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 24 Mai 2025 21:12 4. as I try Liquify, when forwarding warp upwards, as the cursor crosses the document limits, horizontal strides appear on the image.
check the file example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nzNIbe ... drive_link
it´s not quite an issue...
This one should work in the next test version.
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

A simple and useful suggestion for the next beta. When you hover over the open files tab (the line which shows all the open files), it would be great to get a thumbnail preview... just like in browsers. I'd have suggested showing the file itself as a thumbnail on the line, but it is going to consume more real estate. At the moment, when you hover you get the full name of the file. Which is useful, but not as useful as a thumbnail preview.
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Here's yet another useful suggestion. When you're squeezing the panels to narrow sizes, the labels usually become ellipses (...) It either becomes three dots or the first letter followed by three dots. Instead of this, it would be great if it can be consonants.
Instead of Layers becoming L... it becomes LYRS
Instead of Channels becoming C... it becomes CHN
Instead of Export becoming E... it becomes EXP
Instead of Document becoming Docu... it becomes just Doc

You get the idea. It's already well implemented in Affinity. I was rearranging my workspace and realised how much better that is. :) This is especially useful because managing screen real estate in PL is a constant battle between keep all the relevant panels available on screen vs ensuring your workspace is not too cluttered. :)

Equally, I think it would be very useful to have a "list and panels manager" - which you have on screen as a panel. And within this manager, you'll have icons of all the panels and lists. You can toggle them on and off as you need instead of choosing them from the dropdown menu.

Finally, Zoner Photo Studio has a nifty "Adjustments Manager," which is essentially a permanently open collapsible list of all the adjustments, arranged according to categories. It means, you don't need to click, select adjustment, every time. It's just there on screen. It's very easy to use and manage. You can add commonly used adjustments to their own category, create and delete categories, etc. See below. It would go perfectly with PL's overall philosophy too, given we have lists for practically everything, and it would make life easy from a usability perspective. If you're worried about screen space, it should be possible to squeeze to a vertical bar, with only the icons of adjustments and three letter consonant label. :)
Adjustment List.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Benutzeravatar
Hoogo
Beta Tester
Beiträge: 4169
Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
Wohnort: Deutschland

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Di 03 Jun 2025 11:52...I think it would be very useful to have a "list and panels manager"...have icons of all the panels and lists..."
I guess it won't hurt. For me, "View > Panel Layout >..." was more useful. Save a layout, right click an a toolbar, edit toolbar, and add buttons for the complete layouts.

Something to discuss: What if "save panel layout" would include not only positions of tool bars, but also their buttons? I could have a toolbar for my work with vectors, another for retouching...
Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Di 03 Jun 2025 11:52..."Adjustments Manager," which is essentially a permanently open collapsible list of all the adjustments, arranged according to categories.
Sounds similar to "View > Panels > Gallery"
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Sounds similar to "View > Panels > Gallery"
Speaking of Gallery, my Gallery is completely empty. For the life of me, can't figure out how to use it. Could you please help? Thank you @Hoogo.
"Save a layout, right click an a toolbar, edit toolbar, and add buttons for the complete layouts."


I also don't see an option to add buttons for the layout. When I right click, it just shows me options to edit the whole layout. And when I click on it, it shows a window for adding presets.

Edit: Okay, weirdly, my gallery was collapsed initially. Meaning, the categories were hidden. Now I can make it work. However, that's not the same as the suggestion I made. And it also appears that the effects applied via Gallery are destructive. Am I right? In which case, that's not what I had in mind for "Adjustments Manager".
Benutzeravatar
Hoogo
Beta Tester
Beiträge: 4169
Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
Wohnort: Deutschland

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Di 03 Jun 2025 12:56Speaking of Gallery, my Gallery is completely empty. For the life of me, can't figure out how to use it. Could you please help? Thank you @Hoogo.
Have you already found the most secret slider?
Most secret slider.png
Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Di 03 Jun 2025 12:56I also don't see an option to add buttons for the layout. When I right click, it just shows me options to edit the whole layout. And when I click on it, it shows a window for adding presets.
I guess we talk about the same thing.
"View > Panel Layout" is not about separate buttons (now), but about the general positions of all the toolbars and lists.
So I've positioned all the panels and lists for my purpose, then I saved that with "View > Panel layout > Save..."
Next, I wanted to have a button in my toolbar to restore that Layout.
Right click (not for every toolbar, but that one works fine)
Right click.png
Then drag&drop that layout into the toolbar, and apply.
Edit toolbar.png
And now that I think of it... Buttons of a toolbar don't depend on the panel layout, they are there for any panel layout.
But I could reuse an "unneeded" toolbar for my vector stuff, copy most of the "general toolbar" into it, and replace the toolbar for my "vector panel layout".

Will try that later.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Yes, I just figured it out after a year of using it. That is indeed the "Most Secret Slider!" :lol:

The edit layout only works for certain panels, not all, as you've noted. It would be good to have for all?

I see what you mean about having a workflow specific panel and button layout. It would be great to have. I'll need to try that too.

Paintstorm Studio has a great "Panels manager," which is just a window on the screen with an iconized list of all the panels. I use it all the time. It can hide/reveal literally every single thing on the screen. Sort of like a remote control for the whole program. That's what I have in mind too. :)
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2033
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b6

Beitrag von shijan »

Vivi_Ram, you literally can add any icon (adjustment, layout preset, action) to any toolbar in PhotoLine. And you can also use multiple toolbars. Why make things too complicated?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302