Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 17 Okt 2025 11:58
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Sa 11 Okt 2025 20:57
I have noticed though that the document background colour no longer accepts the transparency value? It is either ON or OFF depending on whether the opacity slider is <128 or >128.
You mean the background color in the Document Attributes?
In the past, you could set a transparency value there, but if I remember correctly, PhotoLine has never used transparency differently than it does now.
What should a value of RGB(0,0,0,128) do? Create a transparent document filled with semi-transparent black? Or create a opaque document filled with 50% grey?
What do you use the document color for? In my opinion, it is a relic from the past, and I would like to see it replaced by a transparency switch.
No, you are right: transparency behaves as it always has. I was presenting to a group, and opened the file in a new PhotoLine installation, and the default transparency grid was waaay too harsh on the eyes, and while I was presenting, I tried to reduce the strength of that grid using the opacity in the document's background colour. Obviously that did not work - it's part of the preferences.
As for the removal of the background colour option: please reconsider... I use it to change the background colour on a regular basis, since I have many different types of documents that I work with, and depending on the type I actually DO change the colour.
For example:
- a spritesheet that requires a obvious green or purple background. Just set it in the document background colour, done. Then export. No need like in other design software to create a separate background object or go into the preferences to change the colour.
- working on a regular print document with a white background, but with screens being so bright nowadays, while working on the document I change the background colour temporarily to a neutral grey, or so. Then when I am finished, switch back to white.
- I use it to quickly switch and compare different background colour settings in designs. Set background colour to a specific palette colour (for use in retro game graphics, for example).
- to check how a logo or a certain transparent illustration works against a different background colours.
- to simulate the paper colour of print work that is designed to be printed on coloured paper.
And so on...
It is just super duper handy to be able to do this! In other design software it just takes more time and is a hassle. And there is no need for an additional object.
I would actually welcome the use of transparency - that the transparency grid becomes more-or-less visible through the background colour.
But in any case please do not remove the background colour option with a simple transparency switch.
*edit* If you decide against having the transparency slider affect the overall background colour transparency, a simple transparency switch could be helpful instead of having to deal with a slider - which is indeed obscure.
So the colour field and a transparency switch could be a good solution.